Rated 4 out of 5 by rebhu Heat/cooling system needs help
I like Aloft a lot. I stayed here before during the summer, when the cooling was on a wall under the windows. It worked fine as far as I remember and I'm pretty sure it was quiet, as I am sensitive to noise and would have remembered if it had not. The rooms are very modern and the beds are great! They're pretty too. My issue with this stay is that they are using a different heating system that they are trying to convert to and it is impossible to control. We were SO hot that we woke up each (of the first 3) night and no matter what the staff did they couldn't fix it. They said they were making a change to the new system and it had bugs. BEWARE! They did try to accommodate us and moved us to another room. In that room the toilet had NOT been cleaned but once they cleaned it and turned off the new and let us use the old heating unit, we were much better. .
December 4, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by galynch Great rooms for families
Comfortable, helpful staff, good location
December 1, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Kiatij Not so great experience.
I have stayed at several Alofts, and love the hotels. One of the reasons that I am an SPG Member is due to the fact that the beds and linens are fantastic. Unfortunately, that was not the case here. The comforter was such poor quality, it was as if it was filled with hard styrofoam and popcorn.
Most importantly, II was not exactly thrilled with the staffs attentiveness after three tries to get our room key to work. They certainly did not care about the time constrains that I was under to catch a train. The door ended up being defective, which resulted in Tech having to come and repair it. Needless to say, that train was never caught, and the staff was completely unsympathetic or understanding.
Not exactly thrilled.
November 25, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by vkaro Poor service & facilities
I'm an SPG Gold member and have stayed at a number of SPG properties. Unfortunately, I had a very disappointing experience at the Aloft in Brooklyn due to:
1. Poor service - wake-up calls didn't work. The staff was unable to follow simple instructions and called me at the wrong times
2. Too much elevator noise - I asked for a silent room and was put opposite the elevators. Worse, the elevators made a SCREECHING sound everytime they stopped on my floor. It was hard to get any sleep.
3. Infested room - ants were all around.
4. Poor HVAC - I found the heating/cooling to be quite unsatisfactory, unable to maintain a consistent temperature.
5. Bad checkout experience - there was an intern at the checkout desk and she was bumbling, fumbling, tripping, & falling. Check out took over 15 minutes.
6. Poor quality food - room service food tasted like soap.
All in all, it was a poor experience. I couldn't sleep at night and was woken 1 hour earlier due to mismanaged wake-up calls. I will not return to this hotel.
September 26, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by TanyaG Terrible Stay
An 11 day stay and found myself shaking my head on a daily basis over the service. The rooftop bar they advertise is NOT on their roof and NOT a 'bar' per se. It's 2 doors down and is a club. Their valet parking is not theirs...it's an outside company who charges the ridiculous amount of $45/day with NO in/out option. Each time you take your car during the day, you pay $45 when you return it. Do the math...RIDICULOUS. The hotel has been without Internet since I arrived with the front desk manager telling me 'its being repaired' every single day. This isn't the plains of Africa, it's BROOKLYN! There's no excuse. Why are they offering a service that they cannot provide? The hotel is lacking in the even smallest of customer service details like courtesy umbrellas during rain storms. My final beef with this place is the $5 coupon they'll give you for each day you skip maid service. They neglect to tell you that this credit can only be used at the little snack counter next to the front desk where apples cost $3. Umm yah...that's really worth it. And yes, I emailed the manager - twice. Nothing resolved - and no offer to resolve! - at any point during the 11 days. This hotel completely lacks the services that any business traveler would require. Never again.
September 27, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by ATLPeter Not ready for your needs
I had two MAJOR issues with this hotel during my recent 3 day stay there:
1. Construction next door, scheduled to END in 2015, started at 7:00 am. One morning we were awakened by a jackhammer pounding at the base of our building. There is no way of sleeping or being able to relax through that.
2. We were given a room immediately behind a elevator shaft. Typically that is not a big problem if the elevator equipment (rails and bogey wheels) is properly maintained. May I say, it was not and we were subjected to a lot of noise and banging of something in the shaft.
I provide an overall low mark for this place.
October 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Arthur1 Hotel great,
Hotel great, modern and clean all the amenities one needs
November 25, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by pdbrop ALOFT
Rooms very small poor closet space. The free popcorn was a nice gesture. Felt overpriced.. Were accomodating in allowing early check in.
October 23, 2013