Rated 2 out of 5 by Unhappy01 Staff Not the Friendlyest
The hotel itself was nice but the staff were not very helpful or friendly.
I had never stayed at this hotel and didn't know anything about it.
When I called reservations to check out the person I spoke to was rude and not helpful at all.
For that alone I would be pressed to stay there again.
February 28, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by sunshine22 hotel
The hotel was same as usual, except, the beds are very uncomfortable. The TV did not get good reception and we called for toliet tissue and someone to come fix the tv. Someone was to come shortly, but, never arrived and there was no call to tell us why.
June 6, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tim777 Great first stay at an Aloft hotel!
Excellent location among many shops and restaurants. Rooms are large and comfortable with everything you need and not much of what you don't need. Love the walk-in shower - no bathtub to trip over or shower curtain to stick to you!
September 1, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Redfishlady Noise is an issue!
The hotel, staff, location and design are all great. Make sure you ask for a room away from the bar/restaurant on the ground level. It sounded like people were right inside the room rather than two stories below.
September 5, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by DSBlock Way too loud
Very comfortable room but the AC/Heater blower units in the room is way too loud. Even on low, the noise polution in the room makes it difficult to fall asleep. Loudest room I've ever stayed in.
August 26, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Winer22 Winer22
We had the best time. Amanda was a rockstar and helped with dinner choices and whatever else we needed. We'll do Aloft again whether it's KC or elsewhere. Thank you
June 3, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by qwertty What has happened to this hotel?
What a difference in this hotel over the past year. Never seen a hotel go from great to poor in such a short period of time. I hope it will improve as quickly.
June 7, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 Hotel was great for an evening away.
It is walking distance to many restaurants, shops and a movie theatre. Relaxed night life. Enjoyed the pool and bar.
August 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by mark7478 aloft
comfortable hotel with great proximity to restaurants, shopping, and in my case relatives
October 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by kgh1 Convenient and very friendly staff
Love staying here. Everyone is very friendly and makes you feel like you are a VIP.
April 6, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Weckccb Great location
Proximenty to the restrurants, ice skating right now is great added entertainment
December 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by ramper01 Great Hotel experience
Great location, great hotel and facilities. Love ALOFT!! Will stay there again!
August 23, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dimitri Excellent Stay & Amazing Staff
My stay here was excellent. It's perfectly located. Between the indoor heated pool, the AMC Theater across the street, and the ice skating rink I was able to keep my 4 yr. old daughter fully entertained. There are many options for food as well. Everything is in walking distance!
There is a great group of staff!
Amanda at the front desk was high energy and very helpful checking us in. She even acknowledged my daughter and made friends with her. She was able to give me many suggestions on what to do and where to go.
Colby was kind enough to let me use the shuttle service on the weekend when it usually isn't available. She was very polite and humoring to talk to. We had a great conversation. My daughter loved her!
Then to end my night. John, the bar tender was awesome. You don't meet many people like him. He's fun and entertaining. Never a dull moment. He also was quick to make friends with my daughter as well.
It's a very modern day look and feel, It was interesting. I really enjoyed it! The balcony had a really nice view.
The rooms were nice. The beds & pillows were very comfortable and came equipped with a nice size TV!
Overall, it felt like a home away from home. My daughter loved it to. I would highly suggest staying here!
March 30, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by RethinkingAloft Soiled sheets!!
This was our second time staying here, first time was without incident. The second time (New Years Eve) was without question, horrific. Overall, this hotel is fine. Husband likes it better than I do, but it's just more his style I suppose. I feel the rooms lack comfort, the concrete ceiling looks as if it's incomplete drywall, the bench to sit on is directly in front/underneath the tv, and I could hear each and every door slam shut throughout the night into early morning. However...what made both of our stay horrific was what we found on our sheets as we slipped into bed for the night. Without being too gross, it was some form bowel movement. My husband noticed something on his calf and once we flung the duvet back we were both shocked and disgusted to see what it was. I'll state the obvious...it was not from us. Staff was notified, we were given another room and we called it a night. The supervisor on duty called our room after we shut out the lights to apologize and say she'd drop our rate from $135 to $50. Both of us were too tired to argue the $50 rate and we left promptly the next morning. Naturally, we've told all our friends what we experienced and they were astonished we had to pay anything for the night, and weren't offered a credit of some sort to come back (stating the obvious again, but we won't be). Lastly, on our way out I saw yet another housekeeping blunder. In the hallway was a housekeeping cart and on the top shelf was a toilet bowl brush set inside a QT cup, sitting IMMEDIATELY next to all the coffee fixings for the rooms. I saw this as I was holding my own cup of coffee I'd just brewed in my room moments ago. I know things like this probably happen more often than I realize but to see and experience it first hand make me cringe.
January 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by BTDestin grandson graduation
Dawn, Colby, and Amanda were excellent and offered good options for moving room after check-in when too much noise on 2nd floor from the G+B bar below. Then, when we had lots of noise the second night, they sincerely apologized the next day for all the excessive noise into the wee hours caused by outside sources. As an SPG Platinum, they did a wonderful job recognizing and taking care of us, and Colby did make an adjustment on our bill after the 2nd night.
The attendant for breakfast had zero personality and made hot breakfast items in advance and set on the tabletop, which all ended up being lukewarm if you wanted to try one.
We had an issue with a rap boombox party outside at 330am Saturday night and the night attendant couldn't really do anything about it since he was alone. We then had the Pig + Finch restaurant cleaning crew come on at 5am Sunday morning and turned on the outside music while they cleaned up from the night before. Because the night attendant was by himself, I personally went to the restaurant at 530am and had them turn off the annoying music.
We heard the next day from the staff there is a Leawood ordinance against excessive noise after 10pm so the night attendant probably could have called the police to come and break up the party outside the front door.
All in all, not a very pleasant stay- but much outside the control of the staff. The staff except for the breakfast attendant were terrific and very accomodating. Please commend them.
May 27, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ashley22 Hotel is not as great as it looks
This hotel is newer and well maintained so far. Overall the building and my room were clean, but that should be expected with such a new hotel. The best part about this hotel is the location - there are restaurants within walking distance and it was close to my company office.
Parking was confusing at first, especially not being from the area. More signs to direct guests to the parking garage from the street and to the hotel from the parking garage would have been helpful. Breakfast selection was decent, although very expensive for what you got. The computers to print boarding passes had the paper loaded the wrong way so the airport had a hard time scanning my boarding pass.
The room itself was below par for me. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The comforter was cheap and all the filling was balled up and lumpy, and the linens were rough. The AC unit was extremely loud and woke me up throughout the night - for being in such a hot location, a quieter AC unit is a must. Sleeping comfort should be top priority in a hotel. The light switches were confusing and could use labels. There was no fan over the toilet to help ventilate smell/moisture. The blinds either completely block the light or completely let the light in - some sort of privacy screen for in between lighting would be better.
Overall, the quality of the hotel was poor despite looking nice on the surface. I'm very surprised, considering I usually have excellent experiences at SPG properties. I will not be staying at this hotel again.
August 7, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Kaoh Very Frustrated!!
My sister & I took our daughters for an overnight movie/shopping trip this past Friday night. We only do this once a year at Christmas. Was told at check-in we had breakfast for only two (which was fine) but the next morning they said we needed vouchers which we hadn't been given & girl was extremely rude to us. TV was nice but only got half the channels clearly. Prior to arrival I'd called asking to be put in a room with somewhat of a view. They put us on the backside facing another building - couldn't see anything but brick. Worse part for me, I left my pillow there (my fault for not being more thorough when checking the room before leaving - at that point we just wanted out of there because of her rudeness at breakfast!!), I called THAT night when we got home - took me four tries to get front desk to answer. She transferred me to Housekeeping. Left message w/Theresa asking her to PLEASE call me back before I drove back there in zero degrees temps to pick it up (we live about an hour away) - she never called. I called the next day, left message again & nothing. King size pillow was in a blue pillowcase - all bedding was white. Don't think it would have been too hard to miss & would think they would be glad to have me get it out of there so quickly. I told her I would drive back up there that night or the next day so they wouldn't have to mess with it. I don't know why somebody couldn't take 2 minutes to call me back. Upside: Room was really neat, very clean, bedding was wonderful & so fluffy & comfortable. Requested an extra towel & someone showed up almost immediately, area was awesome...loved the close proximity to Town Center Plaza - but rudeness of the hotel staff for the way they treated us at breakfast & lack of response to my phone calls...we'll never go back.
December 9, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by phxdave Comfortable and Reasonably Priced Hotel
This hotel is comfortable and is priced right. The amenities are a little lacking including morning food choices and quality. Staff is great.
May 16, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by JJSTX First Time Experience
Have stayed at other SPG properties and know this property is a concept aimed at a certain niche demographic. Property located above a restaurant in a "live/work/shop" development so parking is relegated to using the development's parking garage which is rather inconvenient.
Daily maid service was inconsistent (re-stocking towels, coffee supplies, etc.) and room, while meeting my expectations was not well-cleaned, e.g. surfaces not dusted, carpet insufficiently vacuumed. The property would serve well as a base for patrons seeking to avail themselves of the shopping and dining attractions in the vicinity but it is not adequate for a business traveler's needs.
August 12, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by OregonTraveler Is 'trendy' an excuse for a poor facility?
When I saw 'Trendy' as a sales point, I was not quite sure what to expect. I did not expect - nothing.
1. I flew in from the west coast on a Sunday and attempted to check in two hours early, I was told to come back after 3pm. Ok, small irritation, but I have always been allowed early check in when I needed it at other hotels.
2. Upon check in, I was told that the credit card transaction that I was told had occurred on the phone actually had not occurred. I asked specifically on the phone if I would need the card I made the reservation with and was told 'no.' When I checked in, they told me I needed the card. It was my boss's corporate card and I was not about to put a four night stay on my personal card and hope to be reimbursed for the inflated hotel rate. Communication occurred between the front desk and my supervisor and the appropriate approvals were given, Upon check out, I was informed that they had not communicated with the card holder and again, had to go through communication with my supervisor a second time to gain approval for the charge. The issue was not finally resolved until just about four hours AFTER I checked out.
3. In the room: The coffee was good, and the bed was very comfortable to sleep on. Those are the only two positives about the room. No microwave, no fridge, the iron was hidden under the bed and took me half a day to find. The walls were badly marked up, the ceiling was unfinished (I'm talking sheet rock that had been whitewashed and not even taped or textured) the sheet rock around the windows was badly broken and unfinished and the shower still had construction scuffs and pencil marks for what must have been the glass wall placement process. There was no dresser, I can't remember the last time I had to live out of my suitcase for a several day business stay anywhere! The only furniture in the room was a small office/task chair at a smallish desk. The room decor was hideous. clashing colors of green and blue on the floor and walls and the window coverings were mostly white with some small stripes of clashing colors near the bottom. oh, and the phone did not work at all - it beeped continuously when it was plugged in. The only direct lighting in the room was a small lamp on the desk. The rest was some sort of indirect mood lighting which made it very hard to read and study after work. Television was very limited as well, I believe there were less than 20 available channels on the nice big flat screen. The soap and shampoo that were offered seemed very nice at first, but for some reason took some real work to rinse off and out of my hair. Not sure what the deal was there. Lastly, there was no in room directory of services for either the hotel itself or the surrounding area.
4. Other expectations: No ice on the floor I was on, I had to go down to the lobby to get ice. No complimentary - anything. All other mid range hotels I have stayed at have had some sort of complimentary breakfast and snacks offered whether it be bagels and fruit or hot waffles, and biscuits and gravy. The Aloft offered nothing complimentary, but charged outrageously inflated prices for simple snack and breakfast items.
5. social interaction: The Aloft seems to market its encouragement for interaction as a selling point. All of the public areas for gathering have very uncomfortable seating and working arrangements. The couches are the very low backed and very wide between the front of the couch and the back, so to lean back puts you in a laying down position. Quite uncomfortable for me being a married man attempting to do business with a lady from another state who is also similarly involved. There was no way to relax a bit and feel like we were still conducting business so all of our dealings were done literally on the edge of our seats.
6. Business amenities: I could not use my laptop to print on the available printers, but had to save off my work on a thumb drive and print from it. I had some color charts I needed printed, but was told that only black and white printing was available. Again, small irritation, but for a business class hotel, color printing is definitely an expectation. What really got me about this was that later that day, the front desk offered suggestions about a Chinese food restaurant across town and printed me a map from Google . . . in color. Arrrgghhh! I would have paid $.50 or $1.00 a page to be able to print my 2 normal letter sized charts in color.
7. The area: Lots of dining options, some overpriced, some reasonable. No really useful stores or services within walking distance. No drug stores, no corner markets, no grocery stores, office supply or stationary stores, print shops, nothing but fluff within walking distance of this hotel. When I asked the front desk, they confirmed saying that anything really useful was at least a mile away. I am used to business class hotels that are in a district where you can get a highlighter, a sharpie or an extra pad of paper if you need it. Not here.
8. Parking: Not terrible, but you do have to go outside of the parking structure to enter the hotel. Not a big deal to me, but for the kind of area it is and the kind of fluff that pass for amenities here, I would have figured on a direct entrance to the hotel from the parking structure.
To be fair, I had a very full schedule of meetings and study and did not visit the pool or the gym.
I had the distinct feeling that this was the last room available for my duration of stay. If my room experience was non-standard, the Aloft would have been better served to recommend another venue rather than to represent themselves as poorly as they did for my stay. The room was only one aspect of the stay though and even if it had been up to an acceptable standard, the rest of the experience would still discourage me from staying here again.
May 17, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Grandma36 great comfort, very modern
Wonderful beds, very hospitable staff, nice variety and options at the breakfast bar... loved the bottomless coffee pot. Very modern room, a fun adventure to learn how things worked.. but I never was able to figure out how to answer the phone. (but I could call out).
May 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ridejayjay Ryan saved the day!
Typical Aloft hotel. Rooms are small but modern, clean and neat. Well thought out design and comfy beds.
The crown in the jewel for this stay was when my cat decided to crawl under and behind the room a/c unit. Firmly wedged she had no desire to come out and we needed to hit the road.
A call down to the front desk and they sent Ryan, a very professional maintenance supervisor, to free the cat. Ryan was completely unfazed by the situation and with in a matter of minutes has the a/c unit removed from the wall and the cat freed.
April 6, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by laura73 Love this Hotel!
We stay here every time we go to Kansas City/ Leawood. The location is perfect and the hotel has a cool vibe. If we were ever going to stay longer than three nights, we would get a king suite. The regular rooms are a bit tight, if you plan on spending a lot of time in the room. The staff is always very nice and it is always clean.
April 28, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Sandee66 great location
We had requested a suite when booking but did not realize w had a corner room which was not comfortable and certainly not worth the price difference froma double queen which our friend had. Their sink,. desk and closet space was twice as large. The seating area was space wasted. Telephones never worked correctly. The location was good as there were many things right out the door.. The ceilings in the rooms we visited all looked very cracked and a good shake would bring down the ceiling
April 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jaydini Great Amenities
Loved everything about the Aloft experience but especially it's location in the heart of what is happening in Leawood. The SPG brand coffee was Devine at breakfast time.
April 28, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Gene2012 Never going back
This was the second time we stayed at this hotel. The first time we were given a room for handicap, i wanted to be understanding that they had no other rooms. This time we were sent first to a room that was never cleaned after the previous guests, went back to the desk and asked for a different room and sure enough we were given another room for people with disabilities. The hotel was not full, it was very clear that they just didn't like that we paid with points. I have noticed that on a few occasions. We are never going back again. The area is very nice, but the treatment was very nasty.
December 29, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by STLKA Hotel was..okay.
Overall the hotel was pretty nice, I was however very disappointed with a few incidents in the room. While showering, the drain was NOT draining and therefore the shower had to be quick otherwise the the water was going to overflow the sides and cause a big mess. After showering, it took a good 10 minutes before the water had drained. The other issue was when we turned the heat on, it would kick on about every 10 minutes blasting air very loudly then turn off and this happened all night.
I talked to the front desk at check out and she just appologized and was less than helpful.
January 8, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Lynn87 Would Not Recommend Dirty And Uninviting
The Hotel Is Dirty And The Hotel Room is Not Modern Its More Of A Prison Cell And The Hotel Employees Hate Their Job Not Welcoming At All Would Not Stay Here Again
April 21, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anita0317 Great Atmosphere
The decor was definitely pretty awesome to say the least. Our ALoft experience started out rocky. They booked us for Friday night and then when I did finally book a room it was 30 dollars more than on line. One particular girl at the front desk Brittany did everything possible to fix this.Still working on getting my refund for the wrong night. The heater of the salt water pool was broken which was very disappointing as we looked forward to swimming in the midst of winter.Aside from that our stay was fun. I must say the staff was exceptional and made our stay a nice one, with the exception of the rude girl, Brandy at the front desk, Maybe she should be considered for house keeping. I cant wait till we stay there again.
February 24, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by BJ11 Wedding Weekend
Almost a year ago my now wife and I decided to use the Aloft in Leawood for the main hotel for our guests and wedding party. After we had everything set up I quickly realized my guests were able to find cheaper rates online then what they offered us as a group which makes little sense to me. Also the night of my wedding I choose a suite to stay in but yet was unable to enjoy the evening due to a large party in the event room right next to mine with music you could hear from the 5th floor of the hotel. After I spoke with the desk around 11:30 about this I was told it was scheduled to end at 12:00. At 12:45 the party was still going strong. Then as their guests were living so intoxicated a few had to be helped to the lobby.
October 11, 2012