Rated 2 out of 5 by sunshine22 hotel
The hotel was same as usual, except, the beds are very uncomfortable. The TV did not get good reception and we called for toliet tissue and someone to come fix the tv. Someone was to come shortly, but, never arrived and there was no call to tell us why.
June 6, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tim777 Great first stay at an Aloft hotel!
Excellent location among many shops and restaurants. Rooms are large and comfortable with everything you need and not much of what you don't need. Love the walk-in shower - no bathtub to trip over or shower curtain to stick to you!
September 1, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Redfishlady Noise is an issue!
The hotel, staff, location and design are all great. Make sure you ask for a room away from the bar/restaurant on the ground level. It sounded like people were right inside the room rather than two stories below.
September 5, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by DSBlock Way too loud
Very comfortable room but the AC/Heater blower units in the room is way too loud. Even on low, the noise polution in the room makes it difficult to fall asleep. Loudest room I've ever stayed in.
August 26, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Fifi98 We were underwhelmed.
The "closet" is ridiculous. The housekeeping was bad, including removing toilet paper and not replacing, leaving dirty plastic glasses one day (you can't even provide glass?) and then no glasses the next day. The bathroom was so small and liquid bath soap is gross. No towel rack by sink means messy. On the weekend the bar closed too early, but maybe you have too much competition in the area. It was never open for me to spend my $25 for more points.
June 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Winer22 Winer22
We had the best time. Amanda was a rockstar and helped with dinner choices and whatever else we needed. We'll do Aloft again whether it's KC or elsewhere. Thank you
June 3, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by qwertty What has happened to this hotel?
What a difference in this hotel over the past year. Never seen a hotel go from great to poor in such a short period of time. I hope it will improve as quickly.
June 7, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 Hotel was great for an evening away.
It is walking distance to many restaurants, shops and a movie theatre. Relaxed night life. Enjoyed the pool and bar.
August 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by kgh1 Convenient and very friendly staff
Love staying here. Everyone is very friendly and makes you feel like you are a VIP.
April 6, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Weckccb Great location
Proximenty to the restrurants, ice skating right now is great added entertainment
December 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by ramper01 Great Hotel experience
Great location, great hotel and facilities. Love ALOFT!! Will stay there again!
August 23, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dimitri Excellent Stay & Amazing Staff
My stay here was excellent. It's perfectly located. Between the indoor heated pool, the AMC Theater across the street, and the ice skating rink I was able to keep my 4 yr. old daughter fully entertained. There are many options for food as well. Everything is in walking distance!
There is a great group of staff!
Amanda at the front desk was high energy and very helpful checking us in. She even acknowledged my daughter and made friends with her. She was able to give me many suggestions on what to do and where to go.
Colby was kind enough to let me use the shuttle service on the weekend when it usually isn't available. She was very polite and humoring to talk to. We had a great conversation. My daughter loved her!
Then to end my night. John, the bar tender was awesome. You don't meet many people like him. He's fun and entertaining. Never a dull moment. He also was quick to make friends with my daughter as well.
It's a very modern day look and feel, It was interesting. I really enjoyed it! The balcony had a really nice view.
The rooms were nice. The beds & pillows were very comfortable and came equipped with a nice size TV!
Overall, it felt like a home away from home. My daughter loved it to. I would highly suggest staying here!
March 30, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by jerry1965 Slippery
The hotel billed me for a $140.00 "early check-out fee". I travel quite a bit and this is a new one to me. When I called the hotel the front desk attendant and manager were both unhelpful. The charge wasn't on my final bill at check-out, but was instead charged to my card three days later.
The quality of the room for the price was below average. The mattresses were uncomfortable and the rooms were furnished with cheap dorm-room type furnishings.
I couldn't use the electric plug at the night table to charge my phone because it wasn't properly secured into the wall. The plug would come out of the wall each time I went to unplug my phone creating a safety risk. I ended up using the outlet in the bathroom which was inconvenient.
Disappointing experience. Needless to say I will not be staying at another aloft hotel anytime soon.
June 25, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by BTDestin grandson graduation
Dawn, Colby, and Amanda were excellent and offered good options for moving room after check-in when too much noise on 2nd floor from the G+B bar below. Then, when we had lots of noise the second night, they sincerely apologized the next day for all the excessive noise into the wee hours caused by outside sources. As an SPG Platinum, they did a wonderful job recognizing and taking care of us, and Colby did make an adjustment on our bill after the 2nd night.
The attendant for breakfast had zero personality and made hot breakfast items in advance and set on the tabletop, which all ended up being lukewarm if you wanted to try one.
We had an issue with a rap boombox party outside at 330am Saturday night and the night attendant couldn't really do anything about it since he was alone. We then had the Pig + Finch restaurant cleaning crew come on at 5am Sunday morning and turned on the outside music while they cleaned up from the night before. Because the night attendant was by himself, I personally went to the restaurant at 530am and had them turn off the annoying music.
We heard the next day from the staff there is a Leawood ordinance against excessive noise after 10pm so the night attendant probably could have called the police to come and break up the party outside the front door.
All in all, not a very pleasant stay- but much outside the control of the staff. The staff except for the breakfast attendant were terrific and very accomodating. Please commend them.
May 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by dukie great job!!!
the staff was great and very professional
July 8, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ashley22 Hotel is not as great as it looks
This hotel is newer and well maintained so far. Overall the building and my room were clean, but that should be expected with such a new hotel. The best part about this hotel is the location - there are restaurants within walking distance and it was close to my company office.
Parking was confusing at first, especially not being from the area. More signs to direct guests to the parking garage from the street and to the hotel from the parking garage would have been helpful. Breakfast selection was decent, although very expensive for what you got. The computers to print boarding passes had the paper loaded the wrong way so the airport had a hard time scanning my boarding pass.
The room itself was below par for me. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The comforter was cheap and all the filling was balled up and lumpy, and the linens were rough. The AC unit was extremely loud and woke me up throughout the night - for being in such a hot location, a quieter AC unit is a must. Sleeping comfort should be top priority in a hotel. The light switches were confusing and could use labels. There was no fan over the toilet to help ventilate smell/moisture. The blinds either completely block the light or completely let the light in - some sort of privacy screen for in between lighting would be better.
Overall, the quality of the hotel was poor despite looking nice on the surface. I'm very surprised, considering I usually have excellent experiences at SPG properties. I will not be staying at this hotel again.
August 7, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Barb46 Stay at Leawood Kansas ALoft
We have stayed at this hotel a few times. We did not have a good experience with one of your members, Jacob. He was less than helpful, and did not abide by our reservation which included breakfast. He argued with me, and told me I did not have that in my reservation. When I showed him the paper that said I did, he would not take off the price of our breakfast and was quite rude.
If you are supposed to be a service oriented profession, this team member does not meet the criteria.
The next day I spoke to Kristen, who was not only quite pleasant, but very helpful. She corrected the problem, and included a hand written note with our statement.
My husband and I were quite disappointed in our stay.
May 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Beverly4247 inexpensive for quality provided
excellent service, price, location and accomdation
July 7, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by RethinkingAloft Soiled sheets!!
This was our second time staying here, first time was without incident. The second time (New Years Eve) was without question, horrific. Overall, this hotel is fine. Husband likes it better than I do, but it's just more his style I suppose. I feel the rooms lack comfort, the concrete ceiling looks as if it's incomplete drywall, the bench to sit on is directly in front/underneath the tv, and I could hear each and every door slam shut throughout the night into early morning. However...what made both of our stay horrific was what we found on our sheets as we slipped into bed for the night. Without being too gross, it was some form bowel movement. My husband noticed something on his calf and once we flung the duvet back we were both shocked and disgusted to see what it was. I'll state the obvious...it was not from us. Staff was notified, we were given another room and we called it a night. The supervisor on duty called our room after we shut out the lights to apologize and say she'd drop our rate from $135 to $50. Both of us were too tired to argue the $50 rate and we left promptly the next morning. Naturally, we've told all our friends what we experienced and they were astonished we had to pay anything for the night, and weren't offered a credit of some sort to come back (stating the obvious again, but we won't be). Lastly, on our way out I saw yet another housekeeping blunder. In the hallway was a housekeeping cart and on the top shelf was a toilet bowl brush set inside a QT cup, sitting IMMEDIATELY next to all the coffee fixings for the rooms. I saw this as I was holding my own cup of coffee I'd just brewed in my room moments ago. I know things like this probably happen more often than I realize but to see and experience it first hand make me cringe.
January 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by HariJayne22 Staff is exceptional
The young lady who check us in was GREAT!! She not only tookk time to find out local jazz entertainment, but called cab company and also provided us with drink voucher for the lounge. Rooms were clean and beds were exceptionally comfortable. The location is great and close to a variety of great restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Awesome!
June 30, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Kaoh Very Frustrated!!
My sister & I took our daughters for an overnight movie/shopping trip this past Friday night. We only do this once a year at Christmas. Was told at check-in we had breakfast for only two (which was fine) but the next morning they said we needed vouchers which we hadn't been given & girl was extremely rude to us. TV was nice but only got half the channels clearly. Prior to arrival I'd called asking to be put in a room with somewhat of a view. They put us on the backside facing another building - couldn't see anything but brick. Worse part for me, I left my pillow there (my fault for not being more thorough when checking the room before leaving - at that point we just wanted out of there because of her rudeness at breakfast!!), I called THAT night when we got home - took me four tries to get front desk to answer. She transferred me to Housekeeping. Left message w/Theresa asking her to PLEASE call me back before I drove back there in zero degrees temps to pick it up (we live about an hour away) - she never called. I called the next day, left message again & nothing. King size pillow was in a blue pillowcase - all bedding was white. Don't think it would have been too hard to miss & would think they would be glad to have me get it out of there so quickly. I told her I would drive back up there that night or the next day so they wouldn't have to mess with it. I don't know why somebody couldn't take 2 minutes to call me back. Upside: Room was really neat, very clean, bedding was wonderful & so fluffy & comfortable. Requested an extra towel & someone showed up almost immediately, area was awesome...loved the close proximity to Town Center Plaza - but rudeness of the hotel staff for the way they treated us at breakfast & lack of response to my phone calls...we'll never go back.
December 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by StephanieE Very Comfortable Beds
Very comfortable beds, I slept very well. The hotel was unable to honor an early check-in request, but I feel that they made every effort to attempt to honor the request. They were simply too full to be able to accommodate my early arrival. Only complaint is that the hallways were very hot. Make sure to check out the restaurant "Ingredients" across the street for breakfast - amazing!
June 26, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by JJSTX First Time Experience
Have stayed at other SPG properties and know this property is a concept aimed at a certain niche demographic. Property located above a restaurant in a "live/work/shop" development so parking is relegated to using the development's parking garage which is rather inconvenient.
Daily maid service was inconsistent (re-stocking towels, coffee supplies, etc.) and room, while meeting my expectations was not well-cleaned, e.g. surfaces not dusted, carpet insufficiently vacuumed. The property would serve well as a base for patrons seeking to avail themselves of the shopping and dining attractions in the vicinity but it is not adequate for a business traveler's needs.
August 12, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by OregonTraveler Is 'trendy' an excuse for a poor facility?
When I saw 'Trendy' as a sales point, I was not quite sure what to expect. I did not expect - nothing.
1. I flew in from the west coast on a Sunday and attempted to check in two hours early, I was told to come back after 3pm. Ok, small irritation, but I have always been allowed early check in when I needed it at other hotels.
2. Upon check in, I was told that the credit card transaction that I was told had occurred on the phone actually had not occurred. I asked specifically on the phone if I would need the card I made the reservation with and was told 'no.' When I checked in, they told me I needed the card. It was my boss's corporate card and I was not about to put a four night stay on my personal card and hope to be reimbursed for the inflated hotel rate. Communication occurred between the front desk and my supervisor and the appropriate approvals were given, Upon check out, I was informed that they had not communicated with the card holder and again, had to go through communication with my supervisor a second time to gain approval for the charge. The issue was not finally resolved until just about four hours AFTER I checked out.
3. In the room: The coffee was good, and the bed was very comfortable to sleep on. Those are the only two positives about the room. No microwave, no fridge, the iron was hidden under the bed and took me half a day to find. The walls were badly marked up, the ceiling was unfinished (I'm talking sheet rock that had been whitewashed and not even taped or textured) the sheet rock around the windows was badly broken and unfinished and the shower still had construction scuffs and pencil marks for what must have been the glass wall placement process. There was no dresser, I can't remember the last time I had to live out of my suitcase for a several day business stay anywhere! The only furniture in the room was a small office/task chair at a smallish desk. The room decor was hideous. clashing colors of green and blue on the floor and walls and the window coverings were mostly white with some small stripes of clashing colors near the bottom. oh, and the phone did not work at all - it beeped continuously when it was plugged in. The only direct lighting in the room was a small lamp on the desk. The rest was some sort of indirect mood lighting which made it very hard to read and study after work. Television was very limited as well, I believe there were less than 20 available channels on the nice big flat screen. The soap and shampoo that were offered seemed very nice at first, but for some reason took some real work to rinse off and out of my hair. Not sure what the deal was there. Lastly, there was no in room directory of services for either the hotel itself or the surrounding area.
4. Other expectations: No ice on the floor I was on, I had to go down to the lobby to get ice. No complimentary - anything. All other mid range hotels I have stayed at have had some sort of complimentary breakfast and snacks offered whether it be bagels and fruit or hot waffles, and biscuits and gravy. The Aloft offered nothing complimentary, but charged outrageously inflated prices for simple snack and breakfast items.
5. social interaction: The Aloft seems to market its encouragement for interaction as a selling point. All of the public areas for gathering have very uncomfortable seating and working arrangements. The couches are the very low backed and very wide between the front of the couch and the back, so to lean back puts you in a laying down position. Quite uncomfortable for me being a married man attempting to do business with a lady from another state who is also similarly involved. There was no way to relax a bit and feel like we were still conducting business so all of our dealings were done literally on the edge of our seats.
6. Business amenities: I could not use my laptop to print on the available printers, but had to save off my work on a thumb drive and print from it. I had some color charts I needed printed, but was told that only black and white printing was available. Again, small irritation, but for a business class hotel, color printing is definitely an expectation. What really got me about this was that later that day, the front desk offered suggestions about a Chinese food restaurant across town and printed me a map from Google . . . in color. Arrrgghhh! I would have paid $.50 or $1.00 a page to be able to print my 2 normal letter sized charts in color.
7. The area: Lots of dining options, some overpriced, some reasonable. No really useful stores or services within walking distance. No drug stores, no corner markets, no grocery stores, office supply or stationary stores, print shops, nothing but fluff within walking distance of this hotel. When I asked the front desk, they confirmed saying that anything really useful was at least a mile away. I am used to business class hotels that are in a district where you can get a highlighter, a sharpie or an extra pad of paper if you need it. Not here.
8. Parking: Not terrible, but you do have to go outside of the parking structure to enter the hotel. Not a big deal to me, but for the kind of area it is and the kind of fluff that pass for amenities here, I would have figured on a direct entrance to the hotel from the parking structure.
To be fair, I had a very full schedule of meetings and study and did not visit the pool or the gym.
I had the distinct feeling that this was the last room available for my duration of stay. If my room experience was non-standard, the Aloft would have been better served to recommend another venue rather than to represent themselves as poorly as they did for my stay. The room was only one aspect of the stay though and even if it had been up to an acceptable standard, the rest of the experience would still discourage me from staying here again.
May 17, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Hayden335 Comfortable place to stay!
Awesome place to stay. So far I've stayed at the Aloft in 2 different cities on several occasions. My most recent stay in Leawood, Kansas was for 2 nites. Beautiful hotel, facilities, clean, comfortable with a very accommodating staff. The first day, the refrigerator was not cooling and the volume on the tv was on the fritz. Maintenance came up within a few minutes and brought another fridge that was working properly. As for the tv volume, it came and went throughout the evening but since I was tired, I ended up falling asleep anyway. The second day, no volume at all. I contacted the front desk in the morning and they brought another remote control to try but to no avail. The maintenance tech was unavailable so I asked if I could move to another room before my sister and nephew arrived. They agreed, I transferred to another room and my family never knew. I had to take the fridge with me as the one in the new room was not cold either. Aside from all of that, I love this new chain of hotel and understand things can happen. All one can ask is that issues be resolved as quickly as possible and they were in my case! Thank you!
July 1, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Kiwi48 Great Experience
Loved our stay at the Aloft. Beds were super comfortable and rooms were nice. Staff was very helpful. Overall wonderful experience.
June 30, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by kb2958423 minimal but it worked
minimal amenities and four days was too long to be there
June 29, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Hannahmaye Need to focus on details
I arrived at midnight after a long day of travel and was looking forward to taking a shower then off to bed. Unfortunately, there were NO towels in my room so I called the front desk. I was told that they would bring them up within 10 minutes. 40 minutes later still no towels, so I called again. The guy at the front desk told me he had taken care of a few guests and then forgot, but he'd bring them as soon as he could. I told him nevermind and I'd call again in the morning. This was not starting off on the right foot.
The next morning, once I finally was able to take a shower I noticed that I had forgotten my hairbrush at home. I called the front desk and the lady told me that they did not have a comb or brush I could buy. I was on a business trip and set to do a presentation in an hour so this was incredibly frustrating and unacceptable for a hotel that caters to business professionals.
Lastly, I could not find the iron. For some strange reason they had it hidden along with the ironing board. My co-worker had the same problem and had to call the front as well.
June 26, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Peacefulsleep Night club?
This is not a hotel, but a night club where loud music is played after 10pm, manager on duty said he could not do anything about it and threatened to throw me out if I kept complained, it was like been inside a boom box. Next day, I asked if they would have another party and was told that nothing was programmed, to our surprise we are listening to some loud religious music, if we knew we would have made other arrangements. Very disappointed how the problem got handled by the hotel staff.
June 8, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by ChicagoBill The hotel is acceptable. The Location is amazing.
This hotel is everything you'd expect from Aloft. It's a quality, middle of the road experience. The Staff is great, and the
June 26, 2014