Rated 3 out of 5 by charleston2014 THIS HOTEL HAS GREAT FEATURES
We really enjoyed our stay here at the hotel, however, we wasnt happy about pets being on every floor and pets coming in the front entrance with customers who don't have pets. I personally feel as though pets should come in on the side or the back. I was told that all pet friendly rooms were located on the first floor. We also had ants on the counter and behind the sink, in which the problem was taken care of promptly. I would recommend this hotel but I wont be staying here again.
December 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by BGbrewpub thanksgiving stay
my overall stay was excellent, however the tv in my room did not function properly all the time. i was in rm 109. on every occasion my tv would switch from a digital signal where i got all the channels, to an analog signal where i only received about a third of the channels including no local programming. i would have to turn the tv off and then back on to reset it, and that would not last very long after the reset. i had to watch tv on my computer which was a little annoying.
November 30, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by AMJM Not up to Par with other Aloft locations
Hotel needs to address cleanliness of the entire property, update rooms and replace missing amenities; mirrors, ironing board, alarm clock, etc.
Very loud crowds in hallways, common area and parking lot, late into the night.
We stay frequently in Starwood properties, but will avoid this Hotel on our future travels to Charleston.
Disappointed this hotel is not up to the standard we expect when staying at Aloft.
July 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by steve4608 Great Place for a Night Sleep
The staff is very friendly and attentive from the front desk to the bartender. Lynnette is a very out going bartender that is so good that she has a loyal local following. She makes sure the music is what you want to hear and the TV is on a channel that the customers want.
November 29, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by JenniferB77 Second try at Aloft...not again
This was my second stay at an Aloft property, and I have been really disappointed both times. The "hip" vibe just doesn't make up for good service and classic hotel amenities. Staff at this property were spending more time on their phones and computer games than interacting with customers, and their appearance (polo shirts and khakis) bordered on unprofessional. Moreover, they failed to orient guests to key hotel features, including the free drinks. Airport noise is also very loud for this hotel. Dark colors in the rooms make the space feel closed and small.
My positive comment: the shuttle drivers were AWESOME....really friendly and excellent service ethic.
September 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by kimchee good service
I have visited this city to write a news report about the city of Charleston, people and cultures.Most hotels if not all were sold out. I find it to be a good hotel. Good service, pool, GYM and good service by the staff. I visited the city during the middle of a mad house called the fourth of july weekend where they all came to visit from all over the US. I was amazed to find them keeping up with the vacationing crowds including many kids, dogs and cars.. This is a hotel in the middle of everything. Short distance to where you want to go. safe and clean.
Tony Delmichi, Editor, Georgia weekly Post. Dunwoody. GA.
Note: I intend to mention this hotel in my report of the Charleston, S.C.
July 8, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by luch1 sleepless night
stayed at the alot charleston airport for one night. we had two rooms. first room was clearly recently used as sheets and pillows etc were on the bed and floor in a pile. the rooms were dirty. didn't even want to put my head on the pillow. noise level from downstairs in lobby and outside was great. would not recommend
November 21, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by michang5 Very disappointing stay
Went to Charleston for work last week. Employer (one of the largest in Charleston) has a deal with Aloft. The hotel stay was the biggest disappointment of the trip.
Here is the list of things that went poorly or were below expectations:
- arrived in room, unpacked and needed to iron shirt for dinner. Iron had gunk on the heating plate. I called downstairs for new iron. Waited 20 minutes with no iron. Eventually had to go upstairs to coworkers room to use her iron.
- wifi in room was slower than on my old 3G iPhone. I ran a test using speedtest.net.
- when I had to get work done on the second night, I tried to plug in the ethernet cable for hopefully faster connectivity. No signal. Looked under the desk and saw the other end dangling. There was no obvious place to plug it in. Eventually I tried the side of the phone, which didn't work.
- by the way, my room was 33X, but the phone labels read 4XX. Not helpful in case of emergencies or deliveries.
- I checked in after my coworker. She was told she had a free drink at the bar. I thought I was told the same. Either way, she was given vouchers (for bar and breakfast). I was not. So when I went to the bar for my "free drink," I was given a bill. This happened twice. Eventually I confronted the employee that checked us in, and she insisted that my booking didn't entitle me to a drink or bfast voucher. After speaking to a different person and insisting that my coworkers got vouchers, I finally got mine.
- upon checking out, I was given a bill with significantly less charges than my coworker. We stayed the same number of nights (3), but I was only charged for 1, but at a higher rate. We booked using the same corporate system. I called while at the airport and the employee eventually corrected the error and I got charged the correct, higher amount. However, the new emailed invoice was so incredibly confusing that I had to cross-reference my charges against my co-workers to figure out what to expense.
- one of the four workout machines (treadmill and ellipticals) was broken.
- A/C unit was very cold (kudos), but the front panel barely stayed on the unit.
- the bartender poured a very nicely heavy drink (kudos)
That's everything I remember. I don't feel that I've embellished any detail. I'm from Austin and work right next to the Aloft here. I know our company puts up our traveling employees and guests/clients there. I hope that the Austin hotel is in better shape. I'm afraid to recommend it to friends after my Charleston stay.
July 23, 2013