Rated 3 out of 5 by charleston2014 THIS HOTEL HAS GREAT FEATURES
We really enjoyed our stay here at the hotel, however, we wasnt happy about pets being on every floor and pets coming in the front entrance with customers who don't have pets. I personally feel as though pets should come in on the side or the back. I was told that all pet friendly rooms were located on the first floor. We also had ants on the counter and behind the sink, in which the problem was taken care of promptly. I would recommend this hotel but I wont be staying here again.
December 4, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by AMJM Not up to Par with other Aloft locations
Hotel needs to address cleanliness of the entire property, update rooms and replace missing amenities; mirrors, ironing board, alarm clock, etc.
Very loud crowds in hallways, common area and parking lot, late into the night.
We stay frequently in Starwood properties, but will avoid this Hotel on our future travels to Charleston.
Disappointed this hotel is not up to the standard we expect when staying at Aloft.
July 29, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by DNK61 Christmas Travel
Hotel was conveniently located and pet friendly which we needed on this trip. We were greated by a pet goody bag which was nice. Room was small however and ceilings were rough looking- not sure if this is part of the theme or if it was just old. No drawers for storing clothing and a very small hanging clothes area and bathroom. Bathroom door would not fully close. One of the elevators was inoperative. Bar area nice with outdoor seating area with inside/outside fireplace however it wasnt on at night. Not sure if they are trying to save money... Felt like a low budget hotel but moderately priced. Front desk personnel was not overly friendly. Girl working the bar was very nice however.
December 29, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by JenniferB77 Second try at Aloft...not again
This was my second stay at an Aloft property, and I have been really disappointed both times. The "hip" vibe just doesn't make up for good service and classic hotel amenities. Staff at this property were spending more time on their phones and computer games than interacting with customers, and their appearance (polo shirts and khakis) bordered on unprofessional. Moreover, they failed to orient guests to key hotel features, including the free drinks. Airport noise is also very loud for this hotel. Dark colors in the rooms make the space feel closed and small.
My positive comment: the shuttle drivers were AWESOME....really friendly and excellent service ethic.
September 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by kimchee good service
I have visited this city to write a news report about the city of Charleston, people and cultures.Most hotels if not all were sold out. I find it to be a good hotel. Good service, pool, GYM and good service by the staff. I visited the city during the middle of a mad house called the fourth of july weekend where they all came to visit from all over the US. I was amazed to find them keeping up with the vacationing crowds including many kids, dogs and cars.. This is a hotel in the middle of everything. Short distance to where you want to go. safe and clean.
Tony Delmichi, Editor, Georgia weekly Post. Dunwoody. GA.
Note: I intend to mention this hotel in my report of the Charleston, S.C.
July 8, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by WaynieBob52 Hotel exceeded my Expections
I had read some of the bad reviews of this hotel and so I was apprehensive about staying, but it was the only place I could stay on my points, so I booked the reservation. I knew this was not a 5 star hotel and i did not expect a luxury hotel. i was pleasantly surprised when my wife and I arrived. The hotel was very clean, the staff were very attentive and the bed was comfortable. There were no foul odors. We stayed in a room near the elevator and it was very quiet. There were a few glitches, as happens at any hotel, but the staff responded quickly to any needs we had and tried to make us happy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good clean room and knows it is not a luxury hotel.
April 1, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by michang5 Very disappointing stay
Went to Charleston for work last week. Employer (one of the largest in Charleston) has a deal with Aloft. The hotel stay was the biggest disappointment of the trip.
Here is the list of things that went poorly or were below expectations:
- arrived in room, unpacked and needed to iron shirt for dinner. Iron had gunk on the heating plate. I called downstairs for new iron. Waited 20 minutes with no iron. Eventually had to go upstairs to coworkers room to use her iron.
- wifi in room was slower than on my old 3G iPhone. I ran a test using speedtest.net.
- when I had to get work done on the second night, I tried to plug in the ethernet cable for hopefully faster connectivity. No signal. Looked under the desk and saw the other end dangling. There was no obvious place to plug it in. Eventually I tried the side of the phone, which didn't work.
- by the way, my room was 33X, but the phone labels read 4XX. Not helpful in case of emergencies or deliveries.
- I checked in after my coworker. She was told she had a free drink at the bar. I thought I was told the same. Either way, she was given vouchers (for bar and breakfast). I was not. So when I went to the bar for my "free drink," I was given a bill. This happened twice. Eventually I confronted the employee that checked us in, and she insisted that my booking didn't entitle me to a drink or bfast voucher. After speaking to a different person and insisting that my coworkers got vouchers, I finally got mine.
- upon checking out, I was given a bill with significantly less charges than my coworker. We stayed the same number of nights (3), but I was only charged for 1, but at a higher rate. We booked using the same corporate system. I called while at the airport and the employee eventually corrected the error and I got charged the correct, higher amount. However, the new emailed invoice was so incredibly confusing that I had to cross-reference my charges against my co-workers to figure out what to expense.
- one of the four workout machines (treadmill and ellipticals) was broken.
- A/C unit was very cold (kudos), but the front panel barely stayed on the unit.
- the bartender poured a very nicely heavy drink (kudos)
That's everything I remember. I don't feel that I've embellished any detail. I'm from Austin and work right next to the Aloft here. I know our company puts up our traveling employees and guests/clients there. I hope that the Austin hotel is in better shape. I'm afraid to recommend it to friends after my Charleston stay.
July 23, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jess08 This was the worst hotel experience I ever had
I stay at aloft's all the time and I alway enjoy my stay. This by far had to have been the worst hotel stay ever. The room wasnt up to par.. There was grease on the walls, we found a roach in the room, the glass on the sliding door to the bathroom was broken, there were blood stains on the floor, the remote didn't work, the bed was sooooo uncomfortable. My boyfriend and I got no sleep whatsoever. It was his first time staying at an aloft and he said he'll never stay at one again.
August 22, 2012