Rated 4 out of 5 by Bonnie123 Overall a good experience
Hotel front desk staff and shuttle drivers provided exceptional service! The young lady working front desk was great to work with and remember us the next day during check out. I wish I could remember her name.
The male bartender working the night I stayed provided inferior service. Not only to us but to everyone in the bar. It was so bad all of us who where strangers had a nice lively conversation about it. Beyond the lack of service he appeared checked out and had trouble understanding and remembering the task he was focused on. Given his demeanor I suspect he was also partaking in the beverages he was serving. I recommend management keep an eye on him.
July 16, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by IntegrativeDocSF Great staff and space; terrible maintenance
The staff was wonderful and the space itself really nice. However, the room (#224) was in awful condition. The carpeting had multiple large burns, a couple of which burned clear through to the liner below the carpet. Also, paint was peeling from the ceiling in the sink area near fixtures and the desk lamp did not work. It was great to stay as I was stranded from a flight at BWI but I would want something more well maintained for a pleasure visit. I did appreciate the amenities as I have at other A Loft hotels, which is why I chose it this trip when my flight was cancelled.
July 12, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by PGaz Leaves something to be desired
I had stayed in an Aloft in Bogota, Colombia and it too was pretty bad. My second trip, to Colombia I stayed somewhere else. The Aloft BWI, although the staff was very friendly, actually told me that they were out of food. I checked in early evening and was to meet a business associate for drinks and light dinner. I knew they didn't have a full restaurant but thought appetizers would suffice. However, the bartender said they were out of food when we got ready to order! It was raining horribly and we didn't want to walk to another facility so we were stuck. The bartender was trying to server drinks AND prepare food (when they had food) and we often had to wait to have our drinks refreshed. He obviously wasn't happy with his job since he offered to come to work for me. He complained constantly and told one patron he was late getting back with his drink because he was trying to get the bleeding stopped. He had a glove on his right hand and said he had cut himself. I could go on but there is really no point. Just stay somewhere else. There is a Sheraton right next door. They may have problems as well, I don't know but what have you got to lose. I bet they have food.
July 17, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by JMKI Disappointing checkout
I enjoy the trnediness of the aloft hotels but the stay at this particular location was disappointing. Though it has the amenities of Aloft, the staff was not helpful or friendly. At checkout I was told flat out that no one could help with my luggage. When I went down to the lobby 5 employees were standing around chatting, When I called the phone rang over 10 times before I had to call again to get an answer.
July 14, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by GotFastballDude Where do I start?
1. In the evening, only 3 food items were available at the bar/lounge - chicken fingers, egg rolls, and French fries.
2. The bartender "cleaned" a beer glass for me by putting it into soapy water for 1 second and rinsing it in another sink of clear water. He never even dried the glass and I noticed a lipstick stain on it when he began pouring the draft peer into it. At that point, I requested a bottled beer.
3. When we arrived and called for a pickup at the airport via their shuttle, the front desk clerk seemed very unfamiliar with the airport. After waiting a while, we called again and got a different representative who finally knew about the airport. We were picked up about 5 minutes later, but it was about a 25 minute wait in all.
4. On Friday, the pool was closed all day until 5 pm. The staff said it was due to a local ordinance.
5. We had two lights out in our room, but they never got fixed despite 2 notes in the room and a personal visit to the front desk to ask them to be fixed.
6. They do not have ice machines, but offer a freezer with bagged ice in it. The ice is placed in very flimsy plastic bags that leak very easily.
7. When we were leaving, they said it would be a 30-minute wait for the airport shuttle. We walked to the hotel across the street and got on their shuttle in 2 to 3 minutes.
8. I got a breakfast package, which ended up being vouchers for $10 each to use at any time. However, you had to use the exact amount of the voucher or you sacrificed the difference. In other words, you could not use $6 worth of a voucher and get a voucher back for $4. If you purchased anything, it was $10 or bust. Kind of odd.
9. Staff was nice, but very unprofessional. When we checked in, two of the 3 clerks at the front desk were eating a Domino's pizza at the front desk. I have never seen that in all my travels anywhere in the world.
July 15, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Carrollee Disappointed
Was disappointed in the fact that there was no dresser to put my clothes in. Also the tine it took to change a channel on the TV was rediculous. I am 75 years old and if i hadn't had my son with me I don't know how I would have opened the door to my room. The door is so heavy that it took him to open it for me.
July 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by davis0525 43264860521
I made a excellent home away from home when I choose the Aloft Hotel. The luxury style living enable me to relax and enjoy my stay.
July 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by BusinessTravelor Excellent Customer Service
The only complaint was the limitation of food selections and convenience to stores, etc. (I didnt have a car so things may have been closer. Staff was amazing, knowlegeable of the area, very accomodating, helpful. I do not have a single complaint. This was hands down the best customer service I have had (I go on a lot of business trips and stay a lot of hotels). Even the cab service they contacted to tranport me to my destination was friendly, on time, and had the same standards as the hotel although not affiliated. The shuttle driver, Melvin enjoys his work and you can tell with his interaction, His driving was safe which is important to me. Overall the hotal was nice but the staff increase the rating
June 25, 2014