Rated 1 out of 5 by Jen23 I would not visit this hotel if I had the choice
I had MANY problems with the method of payment I wanted to use and event afterwards. The rooms were very uncomfortable with the door that was too small for the doorway and a glass shower door, The shower had no place to hold my shampoo and such. The shampoo and bath soap dispensers were tacky. The overall room appeared cheep with no large closet space. The sink was very messy and akward. The breakfast area was too slow and we had cold food for a very high price tag. Music was very loud while we were eating. I was never aknowledged as a rewards member.
May 7, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Millie60 Harbor View is Fantastic
I learned about this hotel through travelzoo and I must say it was a very nice weekend experience. Personnel were exceptional. One staffer in particular, Mr. Rhodes was outstanding. Besides being very polite and courteous he seemed to go out of way to assure our stay was pleasant and memorable. As I later observed, he was not only that way with us but every guest. As a senior I've stayed in many hotels and he certainly stands out as a gem in the industry.
May 6, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Zappa The Hotel does not fit my needs
- I get the proposition of Aloft , like the Standard Hotels chain , but really , the accomodations and overall services needs a lot of improvement .
- The beds are good , but to be a hip Hotel you literally decided to make the simple task of store your clothes a nightmare !
- The place to hang your shirts , jackets and paints are simply ridiculous . To hand the paints I had to improvise a plce to hang the hangers , since the height of the place is minimal; even for the shirts nad jackets only the first positions ( closer to the back wall ) works !! Did you ever try to do that in your Hotel ??!
- There are not a single drawer in the room, which is non sense !!
- This just makes the room a mess ,and do not help at all your cleaning team !
- Cleanness of the room and corridors of the Hotel is another very low item ... I was on room 435 and from the day that I arrived till the day I left the was a used glass on the corner by my door , and it was there when I left 2 days later ,
- The cleaning of my room was very basic and you could notice that nobody vaccun cleaned the corridors or my room these days either .
- Oh, I cannot forget to mention the re-energize bar ... There is no beer or wine for sale !! I can undertand that you don't have a 24 hours room service , but so , let's have the minimun for sale at the bar area , like so many other hotels .
The idea of the bathroom is also stupid , sorry ... Not having a kind of box just makes a mess and wets the floor all around , I don't get it !!
Really , even if your age target is up to 30 years old , all I said above is still valid .
I wil not go back to a Aloft Hotel to pay the same price of another regular Hotel that offers you all the things that I mentioned above , and trust me I'm an easy guy ... You didn't hear a single complain from me while I was there ....
Sorry but you have a lot of improvements and work to do !!
May 9, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Businesstraveler Great hotel with some shortcomings
Hotel has some great features and aspects: wonderful staff, the public areas, room internet. And the location in the heart of National Harbor was excellent; easy to walk to the conference center but didn't feel trapped in that bubble. Easy access to a variety of restaurants. Here's the downside: an uncomfortable bed and pillows which made for poor sleep. When traveling for work with the need to be "on" while at the conference, it is a must to have good sleep; I've not had this problem before when traveling. Also, difficult to hang dresses or long slacks in closet area. Room needed refurbishment as it was looking worn (runs in carpet, dings in wallpaper).
April 26, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by txvisitor Great Location, but disappointed in Room
The Aloft has a great location in the heart of the National Harbor.
I was a bit disappointed in the hotel room itself though, it was not as nice as the price would indicate.
May 6, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sony40 This hotel was the best pet friendly hotel I've ever seen.
I really enjoyed my entire stay at this hotel the staff was great! Tiana was at the front desk and she was very nice. The rooms were fantastic. The view was awesome over looking the harbor. We had 5 rooms all together and everyone enjoyed themselves.
May 3, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by timf Dissapointing
My initial impression upon arriving was very good. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, and the look of the hotel as we walked in was impressive. But once we checked in later that evening and settled into our room, we just felt disappointing. The room was in need of maintenance. Ceramic tiles were falling off of the wall, toilet seat was barely attached to the toilet and over all I felt like the room was not kept up. The service at the hotel bar was TERRIBLE! We had chosen the ALOFT in hopes to find someplace to come back to and stay whenever we visited the Washington National Harbor but I believe the next time we come we'll stay in Alexandria. Again, the staff at the front desk were great. Too bad that didn't trickle down to the rest of the hotel.
April 29, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by kycats Not a great experience
The experience started out by being given a key to a room that already had an occupant. I found that out when I entered the room and somebody else's belongings were in there. Fortunately, the occupant was not in the room at the time. Additionally, the light in the shower area was not working and the ironing board continued to collapse when I tried to use it. Usually, I find hotel mattresses very confortable but this one was not.
The staff were very friendly and tried to be helpful. Unfortunately, the facility was not the greatest.
April 26, 2013