Rated 1 out of 5 by SPlatinumG Paper thin walls - stay away!
I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions. Each time I left more tired than when I have arrived. There is nothing soundproof about this hotel. You can hear your neighbours "sleeping together" from both sides of the walls and they can hear you too. They sound like they are in "your" room. The staff never ask you anything like "how was your stay" they act like they don;t even see you when you are dropping off your keys. Luckily for them.
I almost never leave reviews but the fact that this happened 2times out of 2stays I think it is worth warning other SPG member.
Also, I am a platinum member and they say they don't have any rooms as upgrades, apparently all the rooms are the same.
January 2, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by CorA1985 Good room, clean facilities but service was terrible
We had our Wedding reserve a block of 40 rooms for this hotel. There were complications from the start and over half our guests ended up booking outside of the block of rooms or at another hotel in the area due to Alofts belief that the block never existed even though we had a contract to prove it.
We were promised from the point of sale over the phone when I reserved a room for 2 nights that for the wedding night we would receive something special. That never happened.and the view provided was of a storage lot for scrap and boats.
I was also told when checking in for the second night that I didn't have a reservation by the Manager even though the desk clerk was already in the process of signing me in and had my reservation on screen.
November 26, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Manju The worse service I ever received
I booked aloft for my wedding night for a one night stay for myself and my bridal party
1. I called 3 days before to request an early check in of an hour for one of the four rooms - i was told to call back closer to the date- I called back the eve of the stay and on the phone i was told i could not be given an early check in (mind you it was a checkin of 2 pm instead of 3pm) which most hotels accept. It was my wedding day too and accomodations could have been made.
2. I was so upset that my maid of honor had to drive all the way to vaughan to speak to the front desk - front desk again said they cannot give an eaerly check in - she then requested to speak to the manager who finally accepted the request. this was a waste of time for both me and my friend
3. Wedding day arrives - I dont have my id on me as I am in my wedding outfit - they wont let me check in . My friend requests to put the room in her name and on her credit card - again its denied
we have to again call the manager to help-
this caused me to lose an hour and I was an hour behind schedule because of this poor service and delays in everything
October 1, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jack4965 Extremely Disappointed
I just wanted to comment that I was extremely disappointed by the hotel. My hotel room had what appeared to be blood dried in streaks down the bathroom door, a room booked for three had only one face cloth. Our duvet did not have a duvet cover; it was sandwiched between two sheets. Assuming, like all hotels that the duvets aren't washed everyday, I was disgusted by that.
The pool area was disgusting. Not only did it seam unfinished by being just a freezing cold pool with no change area, showers or any other services. It had dirty towels everywhere, fake nails had fallen off of another guest and were on the pool deck right by the steps.
When advertising a spectacular bar the way your website does, that is what I expected, a bar, separate from the lobby. The snackbar and refuel station had a horrible selection considering the hotel did not have a restaurant.
When booking a room for 3 people, you should offer breakfast for 3 people, not only 2.
The building was old and run down with a few modern fixtures thrown in to try to distract you from how horrible the hotel really was.
I have stayed at hotels for much less and been much happier. I was disgusted and will never stay at this hotel or an affiliate again. I will encourage others to steer clear as well.
February 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ADA74 Perfect location
Close to shops and Canada's Wonderland.
Very clean, modern style rooms and facilities.
July 20, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ozzy7 Service here has just gone bad
Stayed here for about 100 night over the last 3 years. Always been good but lately the service has just been terrible. Sorry to say but I will move out for my next stay!
October 1, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by lakefront Sad example of the Starwood name
1. This hotel is hollow/you can hear overhead planes/outside truck traffic and inside guest noise.
2. The breakfast area is so close to the front door, the flies are the visitors.
3. All the underlay coverings on the mattress were so bunched up you were sleeping on lumps.
4. There is not one chair in the room, you either watch tv on the bed or on an office chair.
5. The bathroom supplies were minimal and tiny - 1 tiny soap, one tiny cream.
6. The whole of the hotel is considered boutique, but I consider it stripped down to bare the essential of a stay in a tiny room
Will never use Aloft brand again
September 17, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by RONILDA1 very good hotel
overall everything was very good.the only thing I thought was that for a new hotel the maintenance in the washroom could have been better as some of the caulking around the bottom of the shower was off and some rust was appearing& the shower curtains were too short as water goes on the floor &you use too many towels,but overall was very satisfied.Front desk staff were super &my needs were met, continental brkfast was real good, on site restaurant would have been nice, but good food was real close. WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN&RECCOMEND FOR OTHER PEOPLE. TO STAY...... RON FROM SASK------ 5NITE STAY FOR MY WIFE &ME
June 30, 2014