Rated 3 out of 5 by Bobknoc Meh
Classic example of form over function. Hotel is going for a sleek modern look, but room design was not practical. You enter the room via the open bathroom, which is combined with the clothing storage area. No drawers, only some narrow shelves--area for hanging clothes also awkward.
No place near the shower stall to hang a towel without trailing water out of the shower.
Room has two beds but the toilet and shower are enclosed together--not practical for shared accommodations. Lacks privacy.
Two beds, but only one chair for work at the desk.
Pool ridiculously small--no real point in having a pool this small.
Overall, aside from the location near the University, there was little that made this hotel more desirable than the much less expensive Comfort Inn.
December 10, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by AnotherTraveller Not as expected
It is usually a good hotel. But this time my room was not very clean and smelled of smoke. I was moved to a different room, and the new room's AC/heat was not functionning. Overall disappointed.
December 4, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by buzz60 Didn't like the "openness"
did not like the open shower to be sharing the room with family. need more privacy.
pets down the hall, a little barking???
pets "let out" just in front of the main entrance, unpleasant site for us to look at. they should have a more secluded place to do this which is not possible at this site.
December 2, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Grumpier This hotel needs an upgrade
This hotel is worn out beyond what should be expected by any guest. The first thing that caught my eye upon entering was a bucket trying to catch a drip coming from some pipe above. The drip was so bad that there was more water on the floor than in the bucket. The walls were scraped everywhere. There was valet parking when we arrived for an event which we payed eight dollars a day for. That was good until Monday. Suddenly there was no valet parking, but we payed for it just the same?????? On a positive note, the breakfast offerings were excellent and we had no reason to seek out a local diner. The rooms were cleaned very well and the staff was friendly. This hotel is making enough money to upgrade the worn out furniture and carpeting and wallcoverings.I can't be the only person who sees this.
November 22, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Rach68 Nice place but major billing problems
Nice place to stay but my credit card was charged 3 times!!! Had to have a conference call will my credicard company AND hotel staff to fix it. Not nice
November 22, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Jenxster A Mixed Bag
1. Excellent lounge area with computer and printer access.
2. Very friendly, helpful staff.
3. Very comfortable bed.
4. Excellent shower.
5. Well stocked snack bar.
6. Excellent, secure safe for valuables.
1. Seating in room was very inadequate. The only couch was positioned directly under the TV so the only place to watch TV was sitting on the bed.
2. No dressers or drawers at all. Unpacking was impossible because there was no place to store clothing.
3. Closet space was inadequate.
4. Refrigerator would not get cold. I complained twice and eventually another unit was brought in but it was as insufficient as the previous one.
5. Extra charge for parking. There was no alternative to the fee, even if I parked myself. The fee should be included in the price if it is to be assessed.
6. A bit too modernistic for my taste.
7. The room was fine for one person but too small for two.
8. There was no guide in the room insofar as area attractions, restaurants, etc.
9. The was no Bible in the room. This was a huge disappointment. In all my stays, this is the first hotel in which there was no Bible.
10. No bellhop service.
11. Office chair in room was small and very uncomfortable.
November 16, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Prof4000 If you like dorm rooms...
While the lobby was well decorated, the elevator had duct tape repairs to the floor. The rooms were small and had the ambiance of a college dorm. I am not sure why the only place to put a seating bench in a room would be underneath the wall mounted television? The staff attitude throughout our stay seem to be "whatever!" Lofty ambitions, poor follow through.
November 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Thurman7781 Crisp, Modern, Practical
Excellent facility, staff and overall stay !
November 13, 2013