Rated 1 out of 5 by traveller1688 dissapointed with aloft chain and starwood group
With a lot of high expectation as being a starwood member and it was my second stay with the aloft chain. I was highly disappointed with the state of this hotel. Right from the gate entrance, the guards were not attentive at all and not welcoming, the porch area of the hotel looked like an entrance of an hospital (not expected from aloft as it stands for style and difference in the hotel industry). As we were there a bit early for check in we decided to have some food at the café, I was let down by the untidy and dirty cafe full of flies and you couldn't miss the untrained staff who couldn't even respond to easy questions.
Coming to the room, I liked the design of the room but again the problem lied in the maintainability of the place, the toilet was not clean as it had unwanted stuff there ( I wouldn't like to name it), the bed was not made properly and the amenities not refilled. I was glad that they gave me an early check in but not at the sake of the hygiene of the room, I could have waited for longer if asked but when giving the keys to me I expect to get the room fully made. The aircondition would repeatedly trip, we made complain few times but no one came to fix it.
Overall I would like to forget this experience with starwood because this is not what I expect from starwood or aloft. Overall the whole hotel looked dirty and dusty even the toilets at the lobby were dirty.
I hope the management takes a note of this and work on improving the cleanliness and training of the staff.
May 18, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by AG32 Needs Improvement
Disappointed with the overall experience.
- Slow check in process
- Noisy lobby area during check in process, cleaning was going on in the kitchen and lots of clunking and banging
- Frequent power cuts in the middle of the night
- Flies in the lobby area and coffee house
- Bathrooms not as clean as expected from this chain
- F&B staff are too quick to remove unfinished beverages at breakfast
- Personal hygiene of staff (F&B) needs to be improved
May 5, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ashish1120 Great service
We hosted a family reunion there and had family come from all over India. Gaurav the duty manager and his staff were very responsive and helpful. The daily breakfast and rooms were better than expectations. highly recommend this place for business travelers. Only drawback is that the area is still developing so lots of construction.
February 8, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by ARUNAVA80 This hotel is one of the best in Chandigarh
The hotel is good for business tours and stay with nice comfortable rooms .There is 24X7 restaurant
but they need to add more varieties in their dishes also cuisine have very less option.
January 6, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by SatBai Very good business hotel with responsive service
We stayed here as a family on 2 separate occasions for 4 nights in total. We found the hotel to be very pleasant with excellent staff. The room was also very well appointed with everything we could need. We ordered room service a few tiimes and each time it was prompt and the food was hot and fresh. We would recommend it to anyone wanting to spend a short time in Chandigarh near the aiirport.
December 28, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Thap my stay on 28th Nov. 2014
1. The room was not actually ready in all sense though I was allowed to check in and keys were handed over to me. eg there were no bathroom slippers, no moisturizer, no bath soap, shampoo etc inside the room. I had to call the front desk to arrange one. Though front desk arranged everything very quickly and professionally, but I have never experienced such state at ALOFT though I am a very regular user of this chain of hotel.
2. The restaurant was below expectation, I asked for scrambled egg and I was shown buffet bowl where it was kept cold. Now, who eats scrambled ready made ? it needs to be made when ordered like I get @ Bangalore property.
3. The plain Dosa that I ordered was very soggy.
November 30, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by seochris Dreadful...go next door.
Absolutely dreadful...The standard which was not good to start with is going down rapidly.
The internet does not work at all.The TV have to be fixed by a technician before it worked.
I have to go next door to the park plaza to eat as the food is in edible.
I ordered a coffee in the morning via room service was the worse i have ever been served anywhere in the world.
November 19, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by ng17 failed commitments
Not happy with the way commitments were honored , not gud experience
November 10, 2014