Rated 3 out of 5 by Suvo62 This hotel's roomservice is not at all upto the mark.
Hospitality of the Restro was not satisfactory. They were not eager to serve their guest even simple jain dishes
The hotel stuff were not ready to serve the guest even after repeated calls and eequests.
April 20, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by FellowHuman The only Starwood property north of Delhi, but needs improvement
First of all, we want to say that some very kind and warm people are working at this hotel, and they made us feel welcome, and we appreciate them.
However, there were quite a few disappointments with the hotel itself.
The short version: While there are at least a few caring staff members at this property who might brighten your stay if you’re lucky, there is also a severe deficiency of proper management here, which allows too many things to go wrong (and stay wrong).
Some details from our stay:
1. Aloft Chandigarh Zirakpur is, without a doubt, the dirtiest hotel we’ve ever seen in the Starwood group (and it ranks among the dirtiest we’ve ever seen anywhere). The windows, the walls, the floors, shower, and other things were depressingly grimy, smudged, stained, dingy, cobwebbed, etc. Clearly, whoever is ultimately responsible for cleanliness at this hotel has a lower standard than at any other Starwood property we’ve seen. To remedy this, they probably need to bring in someone from Starwood’s international team to impose an international standard of cleanliness and provide proper training and supervision of the staff.
2. Having seen dirt elsewhere, once we got to our room we decided to check our bedsheets to see if they were clean. After all, the most important thing that should be clean at a hotel is the bedsheets. But, alas, there was quite a bit of dirt in the bed. The sheets themselves were reasonably white, but there was more than a little bit of loose dirt on top of the sheets (beneath the duvet), which one could feel easily by sweeping one’s hand across the sheets. It was as if someone had gone to the beach, gotten a bit of sand in their shorts, and then got in the bed. We notified reception and they graciously had the sheets replaced quickly, which we appreciated, but of course the issue should not have happened in the first place.
3. The restaurant. Though our servers had agreeable attitudes and the dining room was reasonably clean, we were disappointed by the food itself. All three of the dishes we ordered were off in some way. We ordered baby corn dish that arrived with no baby corn — only regular corn kernels from a can. The “oriental rolls” (meant to be vegetable spring rolls) were soggy with oil and served with ketchup. There is little on the menu of interest to health-conscious diners (it’s mostly fried and fatty). If we stayed here again, we would eat out.
4. We tried to call reception several times from the room but no one ever answered. Then, during the 15 minutes we were standing at the reception desk waiting for our check-out paperwork to be completed, we learned why: I watched one of the reception staff members discreetly dismiss a half dozen calls by slightly lifting the phone receiver and immediately putting it back down to hang up on the callers. Obviously, that is not the kind of “customer service” one expects at a Starwood hotel.
5. Chaos. Like many hotels in India, this property can be overrun with crowds for functions (weddings, conferences, etc.), but here, during our stay, there was no separation: these crowds took over the lobby, lounge, pool, and hallways. It was loud, messy, and chaotic. Even at 10:00 the next morning there was still garbage strewn around the pool area from the night before. Considering the architecture of the place, I’m not sure if it would be possible to contain the chaos completely, but at least they ought to try, and certainly they ought to do a better (and faster) job cleaning up the garbage that their event guests throw all over the place.
6. No SPG Platinum recognition at all (not that I expected it, but some people do expect or at least appreciate it).
What would it take to fix all this? First, management with a strong sense of international standards and competence to achieve and maintain those standards here. Second, they really need to spend a little money to freshen the place up.
In summary: For travelers who are looking for a cheap lower-midrange bed in the area and who don’t care much about service, cleanliness, or the other issues we mentioned, maybe this Aloft would be worth considering. But for anyone with higher standards, we’d advise you either to consider booking elsewhere or to brace yourself for potential disappointments here.
March 3, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by traveller1688 dissapointed with aloft chain and starwood group
With a lot of high expectation as being a starwood member and it was my second stay with the aloft chain. I was highly disappointed with the state of this hotel. Right from the gate entrance, the guards were not attentive at all and not welcoming, the porch area of the hotel looked like an entrance of an hospital (not expected from aloft as it stands for style and difference in the hotel industry). As we were there a bit early for check in we decided to have some food at the café, I was let down by the untidy and dirty cafe full of flies and you couldn't miss the untrained staff who couldn't even respond to easy questions.
Coming to the room, I liked the design of the room but again the problem lied in the maintainability of the place, the toilet was not clean as it had unwanted stuff there ( I wouldn't like to name it), the bed was not made properly and the amenities not refilled. I was glad that they gave me an early check in but not at the sake of the hygiene of the room, I could have waited for longer if asked but when giving the keys to me I expect to get the room fully made. The aircondition would repeatedly trip, we made complain few times but no one came to fix it.
Overall I would like to forget this experience with starwood because this is not what I expect from starwood or aloft. Overall the whole hotel looked dirty and dusty even the toilets at the lobby were dirty.
I hope the management takes a note of this and work on improving the cleanliness and training of the staff.
May 18, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by AG32 Needs Improvement
Disappointed with the overall experience.
- Slow check in process
- Noisy lobby area during check in process, cleaning was going on in the kitchen and lots of clunking and banging
- Frequent power cuts in the middle of the night
- Flies in the lobby area and coffee house
- Bathrooms not as clean as expected from this chain
- F&B staff are too quick to remove unfinished beverages at breakfast
- Personal hygiene of staff (F&B) needs to be improved
May 5, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ashish1120 Great service
We hosted a family reunion there and had family come from all over India. Gaurav the duty manager and his staff were very responsive and helpful. The daily breakfast and rooms were better than expectations. highly recommend this place for business travelers. Only drawback is that the area is still developing so lots of construction.
February 8, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by ARUNAVA80 This hotel is one of the best in Chandigarh
The hotel is good for business tours and stay with nice comfortable rooms .There is 24X7 restaurant
but they need to add more varieties in their dishes also cuisine have very less option.
January 6, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by SatBai Very good business hotel with responsive service
We stayed here as a family on 2 separate occasions for 4 nights in total. We found the hotel to be very pleasant with excellent staff. The room was also very well appointed with everything we could need. We ordered room service a few tiimes and each time it was prompt and the food was hot and fresh. We would recommend it to anyone wanting to spend a short time in Chandigarh near the aiirport.
December 28, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Thap my stay on 28th Nov. 2014
1. The room was not actually ready in all sense though I was allowed to check in and keys were handed over to me. eg there were no bathroom slippers, no moisturizer, no bath soap, shampoo etc inside the room. I had to call the front desk to arrange one. Though front desk arranged everything very quickly and professionally, but I have never experienced such state at ALOFT though I am a very regular user of this chain of hotel.
2. The restaurant was below expectation, I asked for scrambled egg and I was shown buffet bowl where it was kept cold. Now, who eats scrambled ready made ? it needs to be made when ordered like I get @ Bangalore property.
3. The plain Dosa that I ordered was very soggy.
November 30, 2014