Rated 4 out of 5 by hrab71 Great until fire alarm went off!
We stopped at the Aloft for the night driving from the Florida Keys back to North Carolina. Started off as a great hotel & would've given 5 stars until we were awoken at 1:00 am to a fire alarm! Turns out some idiot got mad about something & pulled the fire alarm. It took staff a good hour to figure out how to reset the system, so that meant not getting to sleep until 2:00. Fortunately the beds were super comfy & check out wasn't until Noon. Breakfast was ok - nothing to write home about. Amenities were nice. Good price for this class of hotel.
August 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MomtoLilly Great first time stay in Jacksonville!
Super vibe in the hotel, friendly staff. Really felt like I was relaxing on my trip. Terrific breakfast options, quiet, right near good food options. Great value for the price Hope to return!
August 14, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by MDMRJ17 Fun place to stay
Overall our stay was quite nice. The bed was extremely comfortable. My only wish was that the water pressure in the shower was a little more and the quality of the picture on the TV wasn't that great.
August 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Drew55 Best an Aloft can be.
Platinum SPG Member review:
I booked into the Sheraton JAX and was sad to learn someone had smoked in our suite. I was pleased that the SJ warned us. Sad that we then had to make last min reservations and availability was thin at many hotels. I had sworn off Alofts after an awful stay in Miami but took the chance at Aloft JAX. Let me say that this aloft truly lives up to the vision of W hotels. The staff is most excellent, the rooms clean/new, the common areas pristine, nice bar, and the food basic but consistent with aloft. We extended another night to rest and will return next time we are in JAX. Note: eat breakfast at aloft, easily walk to lunch and dinner from this location. No suites for spg platinum so no upgrade.
August 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by JLS33 Hip & Happening
Love this place! Great, Fun Vibe. Close to shopping. Comfy beds, clean rooms, coffee in the morning! Highly recommend! Have stayed here before & will definitely stay again!
August 8, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Nora10 Worst Experience
I stated twice that the 1 night I PRE PAID for was for my daughter and her husband's romantic date night. Their room was next to a "girls night out party" .
The talking was so loud you could hear every word, popping popcorn in the room at 2am and walking up and down the hall coming in and out the door till all hours. The walls are super thin. They got ZERO SLEEP all night. When she told me I felt so bad. All I did was rave about HOW GREAT Aloft is and her response is "Im not a fan":-(
August 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cinnsation This hotel has great features and amenitities
Everything was nice from the check-in, the room, the service. I will definitely stay again.
August 4, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by MarkTexNYC Disappointing stay
This was my first ever Aloft stay. Normally I stay elsewhere when in Jax.... but couldn't resist given the Aloft brand a try. My stay left much to be desired.
- Nice, comfy beds with good linens, fitted sheets (none of that using flat sheets on the bottom junk), and a nice, clean simple down comforter
- Great walk in showers -- shower head itself could be better, though
- Bliss toiletries -- EXCELLENT TOUCH
- Mini fridge
- Decent-ish rate
- Decent enough outdoor pool - nice lounge chairs, but pool is small
CONs..and there are quite a few:
- AC in the room never cooled the place down...and the way the unit is positioned under a table it diverted the air toward the bathroom -- TERRIBLE design
- Fairly inept service--- I understand it's a new property, but each time you asked a question it seemed that no one knew what was going on
- Rarely was there anyone at the front desk when I needed something
- FIxtures in the room (toilet paper holder, towel rack) fell off the wall when I was there -- indicated really poor quality construction
- The bar seemed to close early EVERY NIGHT
- For you platinum folks reading this -- this property def doesn't cater to the frequent traveler with those perks we've come to love and expect.
- WiFi free but messed up - had to call tech line twice.
OH YEAH -- and fire alarm went off at 4am -- stayed on for 30 minutes - no explanation or apology from hotel.
March 5, 2012