Rated 4 out of 5 Great stay
The overall design and furnishings are very nice. However, there are just a couple things that could have been better in the room. On the far side of the bed there is a wide open space, would have been nice to have a small arm chair, somewhere else to sit in the room. There should also be somewhere close to the sink to hang a hand towel (they were around the corner near the toilet). We ended up using the hook under the sink where the hair dryer was hanging.
Also, I liked the shelving and space around the closet area. For the most part very convenient and useful. However, if the coffee pot is going to be on the lower shelf, it would have been nice to have a small light under there. With the lighting in the bathroom area, it made it difficult to see the directions on top of the coffee maker.
Speaking of the lighting, there should be a separate switch for near the toilet, so you don't have to turn on the 2 big lights all together.
This is the 2nd time we've stayed at an Aloft property (the 1st was overseas) and they were nearly identical. Nice to know what you're walking in to and what you can expect.
October 28, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by RickG23 Nice hotel / great location
I was in business meetings in the Jacksonville Deer Park area. The hotel location and surrounding restaurants and entertainment was ideal.
October 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by TA123 Outstanding Customer Service
Your staff provided outstanding customer service from the moment I checked in until the time I checked out. One particular employee, at your Jacksonvile, FL location was AMAZING!!! My flight home was canceled and and I had to extend my stay for an addtional day, she ensured that I was able to keep my exsisting room, provided me with information on nearby attractions and also made sure to arrange for transportation to the airport. She went over and beyond my expectations.
September 29, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dana2000 Fun and modern
Fresh new style. Great room style and design
October 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by CEVA16 This hotel has a great staff
The staff was very engaging and made me feel very welcome
October 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ssmithmd Relief!
After staying at a very bad hotel the night before, we switched to the Aloft for the next two nights of our stay and the change was dramatic! Great staff, clean hotel and room. no smell of smoke, and prime location! What's not to like! Would stay here again and again.
September 29, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by MarkTexNYC Disappointing stay
This was my first ever Aloft stay. Normally I stay elsewhere when in Jax.... but couldn't resist given the Aloft brand a try. My stay left much to be desired.
- Nice, comfy beds with good linens, fitted sheets (none of that using flat sheets on the bottom junk), and a nice, clean simple down comforter
- Great walk in showers -- shower head itself could be better, though
- Bliss toiletries -- EXCELLENT TOUCH
- Mini fridge
- Decent-ish rate
- Decent enough outdoor pool - nice lounge chairs, but pool is small
CONs..and there are quite a few:
- AC in the room never cooled the place down...and the way the unit is positioned under a table it diverted the air toward the bathroom -- TERRIBLE design
- Fairly inept service--- I understand it's a new property, but each time you asked a question it seemed that no one knew what was going on
- Rarely was there anyone at the front desk when I needed something
- FIxtures in the room (toilet paper holder, towel rack) fell off the wall when I was there -- indicated really poor quality construction
- The bar seemed to close early EVERY NIGHT
- For you platinum folks reading this -- this property def doesn't cater to the frequent traveler with those perks we've come to love and expect.
- WiFi free but messed up - had to call tech line twice.
OH YEAH -- and fire alarm went off at 4am -- stayed on for 30 minutes - no explanation or apology from hotel.
March 5, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by 96RT The staff needs hospitality training
I rarely ever write a review, but since Starwood sent it, I will write it. This hotel is consistent in lacking courtesy, hospitality, and knowledge. The check in staff may benefit from training on how to handle guest’s needs, especially by not placing frequent travelers on the first floor. That is hospitality 101. They always direct me to the website to see if I am receiving points, and claim that they cannot allocate my points toward my airline. There has not been a check in attendant that knew what they were doing. Although I do not frequent the lobby / bar, my first experience was disappointing. The bartender was clueless in how to pour a simple drink, and said, “I think this is one and a half ounces. Yeah, it is! I’ve been doing this for 7 years.” This hotel is run in a very casual way to match the lofty atmosphere. My impression is that if you want something; please don’t bother the front desk when you can get it yourself. I would encourage this hotel to consider training, training, and some more training!!!!
December 5, 2011