Rated 5 out of 5 by wetravel A GOOD choice in Dalian
We booked several rooms at the Aloft Dalian last weekend. It was a school-trip for our son. Had contacted the Hotel before regarding some special requests and received quick and positive communication back from Hotel. All associates are friendly and efficient. A typical Aloft Hotel that has good value and a great central location if you need to be in that part of Dalian. It is not far from the Dalian station and about 30 minutes from the airport. Facilities and room offer all one needs. On our next trip to Dalian we will be back.
April 5, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Philip2014 Excellent Hotel
This hotel is located at the downtown, nearby the Zhongshan square. Due to the high occupancy, can't offer free upgrade, but front desk associate is very friendly and helpful, I am sorry I don't know her name, but she looks smart and pretty. The name of all outlets are very creative.
This is my first time stay at Aloft, It seems this hotel haven't operator and concierge team, I saw front desk answered guest phone and stored luggage for me, it is real" One-stop" service.
The wifi in room sometimes can not connect, but overall this hotel is very excellent. I will be back next time!
October 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by James787 Great experiece
Very nice hotel and with a convenient location. Feel so relaxed and easy to have a nice sleep. strongly recommended.
August 11, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by wcheung Could hardly met expectations
Aloft Dalian is a well decorated hotel located at a excellent place near city center. Swimming pools, bars, in-room facilities are are great and meet Aloft-standard as expected. It should be a great experience here but too many detailed problems making me hardly to give it a rating of "Average". Here they are:
1. Check-in costed me 15 minutes to wait and another 10 minutes to process. There were only 2 staff here at the counter, and there was no difference between normal and SPG Elite line;
2. The only welcome gift for SPG Gold to choose is welcome drink, which was already free during hotel's happy hour;
3. There was only 3 small-size lifts for a 30-floor high hotel. Sometimes when one of them were under maintainance, imagine how long you need to wait;
4. In-room WiFi was really poor! I could hardly connect to WiFi with my Macbook in room and had to work in the lobby in the evening;
5. The breakfast was okay, except that Chinese and Western food are mixed. The used tables were not well cleaned, making me misunderstood that breakfast time had ended when entered. Most of these are acceptable to see in a hostel, but for Aloft, I think they have a lot of room to improve.
July 28, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Denny523 Good hotel but improvement needed
Disappointing for that this hotel can not provide Suite upgrade to Platinum membership.
July 12, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by brideshead Good location, good gym, basic hotel
This is a basic hotel so you will have to accept a few inconveniences such as limited room service, pick up laundry service, no driveway/taxi call service and so on. However it's clean and bright and at most times of the day the lobby is lively with a good atmosphere of people chatting, listening to music and playing wii. Many hotels struggle to create a homely feel in the lobby but this hotel has really done it.
The location is not bad - in the centre of the city with shops and offices a short walk away. I didn't have much trouble getting a taxi on the street. Down the street is the Friendship Store with a great supermarket in the basement stocked with plenty of imported groceries. Breakfast is basic and heavy on Chinese-style food - noodles, congee, steamed buns and so on with few surprises. The gym is very good with a smith rack, cable machines, 3 bench machine, abs rotary and so on as well as cross trainers and treadmills - bright and well-ventilated. There is also a small sauna in the change rooms though I didn't use it. Service is cheerful and courteous though the front desk always seems to be busy. In sum, a smooth stay.
July 2, 2014