Rated 3 out of 5 by Janice95 Good Location and price but need to improve
standard decoration of this ALoft in Dalian. the hardware conditions are pretty much the standard setting. however, i do not think the staff is very helpful. my nail got split when i was in the room, i call for staff to borrow a nail clipper or scissors/knife. primarily, the staff who picked my phone said they do not have this tools. then i beg him to lend his office scissors to me coz i was hurting, he said under the hotel regulations, he cannot provide these tools for me. then I asked again for borrowing his scissors, and said he can watch me when i using the scissors. He considered for a while and agreed, but he said he cannot come right now since his is alone now. i do not care how fast the staff send me the scissors, i can bear an reasonable time for waiting. but when he said that, i just feel uncomfortable and neglected.
the second bad experience was when i ask the forntdest for a late checkout, he refused me immediatley coz the hotel standard check out time is 12o'clock. then i reminded him that there is a paper in my room stated that as a guest in that room, i am eligible for a late check out. he asked whether i am an Preferred Guest. and i said yes. he finally agreed. i feel sad coz i mentioned my room number when i talked to him, he should be awared that i am eligible for late check out base on the room type i stayed in.
December 28, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Unhappyguest2015 This hotel is worse than SPG average
1) wifi is terrible. I have to connect my laptop to 4G network of my phone for my work for the entire stay of 4 days.
2) I wouldn't eat in the hotel buffee again even if the price is cut in half.
3) air conditioning was noisy. Can not sleep well.
4) I was told by the hotel that SPG platinum member program does not fully apply to this hotel?! Isn't it a SPG hotel???
August 10, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by SeanBeijing so much below SPG standards
Due to personal reasons, I need to go to Dalian frequently in the past few months and considering location, this hotel fitted. in my second but last stay, I found trash between the TV table and sofa. I complained and the manager told to give me an upgrade for my future stays. in my early May stay, the restaurant was so messy that i could not find a clean table to have breakfast, talked to the manager and was told that they just had a tourist group and did not have enough time to clean up. in my late May stay, as a Platinum member, we had 2 complementary breakfast when i checked in with my mum. however such information was not passed to restaurant, we were stopped and inquired. Again, there was no chef/staff at the noodle counter. after 3 times of visit, i talked to one of the waitress, who eventually prepared the Wanton for us. I note at least two guests were requesting salt but we were told there was none!!! staff said they had an event breakfast in the hotel and chefs were not available. again, untidy tables seemed a norm in this hotel. I had two nights in the hotel, somehow the frontdesk only granted me with one day...
June 3, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by wetravel A GOOD choice in Dalian
We booked several rooms at the Aloft Dalian last weekend. It was a school-trip for our son. Had contacted the Hotel before regarding some special requests and received quick and positive communication back from Hotel. All associates are friendly and efficient. A typical Aloft Hotel that has good value and a great central location if you need to be in that part of Dalian. It is not far from the Dalian station and about 30 minutes from the airport. Facilities and room offer all one needs. On our next trip to Dalian we will be back.
April 5, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Philip2014 Excellent Hotel
This hotel is located at the downtown, nearby the Zhongshan square. Due to the high occupancy, can't offer free upgrade, but front desk associate is very friendly and helpful, I am sorry I don't know her name, but she looks smart and pretty. The name of all outlets are very creative.
This is my first time stay at Aloft, It seems this hotel haven't operator and concierge team, I saw front desk answered guest phone and stored luggage for me, it is real" One-stop" service.
The wifi in room sometimes can not connect, but overall this hotel is very excellent. I will be back next time!
October 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by James787 Great experiece
Very nice hotel and with a convenient location. Feel so relaxed and easy to have a nice sleep. strongly recommended.
August 11, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by wcheung Could hardly met expectations
Aloft Dalian is a well decorated hotel located at a excellent place near city center. Swimming pools, bars, in-room facilities are are great and meet Aloft-standard as expected. It should be a great experience here but too many detailed problems making me hardly to give it a rating of "Average". Here they are:
1. Check-in costed me 15 minutes to wait and another 10 minutes to process. There were only 2 staff here at the counter, and there was no difference between normal and SPG Elite line;
2. The only welcome gift for SPG Gold to choose is welcome drink, which was already free during hotel's happy hour;
3. There was only 3 small-size lifts for a 30-floor high hotel. Sometimes when one of them were under maintainance, imagine how long you need to wait;
4. In-room WiFi was really poor! I could hardly connect to WiFi with my Macbook in room and had to work in the lobby in the evening;
5. The breakfast was okay, except that Chinese and Western food are mixed. The used tables were not well cleaned, making me misunderstood that breakfast time had ended when entered. Most of these are acceptable to see in a hostel, but for Aloft, I think they have a lot of room to improve.
July 28, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Denny523 Good hotel but improvement needed
Disappointing for that this hotel can not provide Suite upgrade to Platinum membership.
July 12, 2014