Rated 5 out of 5 by ms219 Great Trendy Spot
Fantastic rooms, service and location by the airport. Much more trendy than anything in the area. Very cool bar in the lobby
March 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by cman55 Very nice hotel
Great staff and great rooms.Makes your stay very enjoyable
March 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Traveler3425 Relax while waiting for you flight
Great location and staff to allow you to relax before taking a long journey.
March 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Christoph Fine airport aloft hotel near BART
Good stay with minor issues like rather noticeable engine noise - perhaps insufficient insulation. Particularly nice swimming pool area.
March 10, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by WishingTheWestinWasntFul Sketchy at $100 a night - if you are paying $200+ PT Barnum is your hero
Management of Starwood should come stay here for one night. If they did, they would de-flag this hotel at 8am the next morning.
1. This isn't a hotel, this is a park and ride for the airport. The people paying $20 a day to park have the lot jammed, so if you are paying $259 a night to actually stay here, you are parking out by the 101.
2. I am a Platinum member, and got a room facing some kind of industrial waste site.
3. The "food" in the lounge is limited to whatever can be microwaved. For $259 a night, you should get more than a Stoufers pizza. That is not hyperbole - it is literally a Stoufers frozen pizza
4. As with most Aloft's the decor is themed after "late '90's State University dorm". This hotel is modeled after the dorm next to the Sigma Chi house - it has been destroyed on numerous Mixer nights
5. I am writing this review on my 4g aircard connection, because the Internet connection won't let me log in
In summary, giving this hotel one star is an embarassing over rating.
February 26, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by mandy82 Keeps you gueesing
I stayed one night and had a few things that made me frustrated.
Turning the lights on and off in the entire room is an easy thing when you first walk in with the switch by the door, But forget about turning some lights off and keeping some on. the room is either fully light of lights out....or they need to provide a handbook on how the lights work....
My room faced the runway, and with the tv on you don't notice the noise, but all night long I heard engines revving while taxing the runway until takeoff.
The hotel is really nice, and i give it tho them for keeping it tidy.
January 27, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by SanFranV2A Aloft as you would expect, missed on details
Aloft hotels are incredibly consistent, which means right off the bat, they get 80% right (assuming you like clean, modern rooms at a reasonable price).
That leaves the remaining 20% dependent on the details.
The staff at check-in is friendly and get the job done, no complaints there.
Gym and pool are perfect for a quick work out.
What didn't work out this visit: 30 minute wait at the airport, room stocked with a half used bottle of lotion and the previous guest's workout towel in the corner of the room.
In summary, the hotel is exactly what you expect from Aloft, but some of the details need to be ironed out.
January 17, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by MrDave Better option next door
During my two day stay, the staff seemed indifferent as to whether I was there or not. Service at the restaurant/lounge was particularly bad. Worst so-called beef sliders I have ever had. Dog food comes to mind.
December 13, 2013