Rated 4 out of 5 by touazzani great people, great aLoft
It's always great to be at an aLoft, but the one in downtown Atlanta is great.
The people are very welcoming and always helpful. Ayana Jones was one great example of that. Thanks for being the face of the hotel, it males is want to come back.
May 22, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by touazzani Best aLoft I've been in so far
Probably one of the best aLofts I've been to so far, people are always smiling and welcoming, hotel room is comfortable. Really enjoyed it. Thanks.
May 22, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by susanne11 This hotel is unfortunate
This hotel was a huge disappointment on a variety of levels.
1. This hotel had no bathtubs. My son had surgery and had to soak in a tub 3x a day for 15-20 minutes to cleanse the surgical site. NO bathtubs in the hotel so we had to phone our surgeon for advice. Showers ended up being OK ONLY because it was for 3 days. So ... no bathtubs which might ALSO make it difficult for younger children who take baths.
2. Speaking of bathrooms. They are completely non-functional. VERY poor lighting. As the lighting was so poor you'd think they'd at least have make-up mirrors. NOPE! The bathroom doors are sliders with a good 1/2" gap so there is no privacy. You can simply walk by and clearly see someone sitting on the toilet or taking a shower. The hand soap is blue which made a mess of the sink and countertop. It was gross!
3. The furniture is very uncomfortable and impractical and cheap looking. The ONLY thing good about the furniture is the bed which is why I gave this 2 stars. We slept comfortably. Again, the whole room was poorly lit ... not just the bathrooms.
4. We were erroneously charged $93 at the bar (we weren't even in the bar the night of the charge). The staff sent my husband on a wild goose chase before finally finding the right person to talk to. At that point they DID immediately take it off our bill. I guess they figure if you go to all the trouble he did then it really wasn't our charge. Frustrating! To add to this, our friends were charged $60 ($20 a night) for parking. It was included in our group package that parking was included. They had to get it taken off their bill. We had to tell all our team parents to check their bills carefully.
5. The staff gave us mis-information numerous times. For example, my husband phoned the front desk the night before to find out what time breakfast was. We were told it opened at 6 am. Great! Our girls could have breakfast at the hotel before their 1st volleyball game. So, they slept in a little and went downstairs for breakfast. Guess what? Breakfast doesn't start til' 7 am. We had to scramble to get the girls some decent food before their 1st game. Frustrating! I guess after many complaints the next morning they actually did open it at 6 am. The breakfast sandwiches were actually quite decent which is why I gave this 2 stars.
I could go on but I think you get the gist. Overall, greatly disappointed! Won't stay here again!
April 14, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Steve10000 Best Place in Atlanta
This hotel is perfectly situated and it is close to the World of Coke, Georgia Aquarium, Olympic Park, and some of the best food options in Atlanta. I would highly recommend this Hotel
February 13, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by kater618 Not a hotel for business professionals or families
This is basically a club. The rooms were cramped with no where to put your clothing or luggage, extremely dark although probably a blessing because the housekeeping was deplorable. If you decide to "go green" and not have housekeeping, you get noooo housekeeping, so if you run out of toilet paper... too bad..(like we did) or perhaps you actually drank the coffee.. you didn't get any more... unless you love extremely loud music and having to scream to speak with the front desk, no dressers in your dark room, then this is the place for you... for me... never again. Very disappointed.
January 24, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by Khalessi Facility needs help
I was very disappointed with my stay at the Aloft in downtown Atlanta. That said, overall the staff is the only reason I'm giving 2 stars not 1. When I first checked in the room was missing bar soap but I was able to snag one from housekeeping but later in the evening I realized my shower didn't drain which is really gross for a hotel bathroom and the deadbolt didn't seem to work. It was late and it took about 20-30 minutes for them to move me to another room but they were helpful with the process. The 2nd night the internet wasn't working properly so I had to call their help desk.
This facility should not have a bar or offer food. The drinks were awful, wrong ingredients, soapy glasses and flat beer. We sent a few back and had to stick with bottled beer. The food was awful as well and the service here was terrible. I waited 20 minutes just to get one menu for the four of us, they forgot some of our order and overall it was one of the worst restaurant experiences I've had in a long time.
The room itself was very basic, small and dark, very small closet and my fitted sheet was inside out but overall it seemed clean. The gym was larger and better than expected. If it hadn't been for the front staff I probably would have moved after my first night.
This hotel has a great location so hopefully SPG can do some extra training and maintenance to get this up and running more smoothly.
January 13, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Zres29 Great surroundings..
The hotel was well situated with great modern look.
January 13, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by BCarter1977 I Think I Have A New Favorite Hotel In The ATL
I had never stayed in Aloft hotel before and didn't know what to expect, but the Atlanta Aloft really made my first experience and impression a great one! I knew the hotel was related to the W Hotel and really wasn't looking for that type of "party atmosphere", as I was on a rest and relaxation trip, but from the time I entered the door it was a very eclectic but calm feeling. The front desk person that checked me in (Janay) was very nice and when I told her it was my first time with the brand she really made me feel welcome and gave me a great room facing the city on the 10th floor. The room itself was very comfortable. Again, eclectic design, and as a graphic designer I love it!. The fitness center was just right, had all the stuff I needed to get a little workout in. Location was perfect as I was able to walk to the World of Coke, and Centennial Park. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The Atlanta Aloft really made me start looking for Alofts in other cities now when I stay.
December 6, 2014