Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Starwood”) will make available the best guest room rates for hotels, resorts, and other transient stay facilities owned, managed or franchised by Starwood and operated under the Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, W Hotel, Le Méridien, Four Points, The Luxury Collection, Aloft, or Element brands (each, a “Starwood Hotel”, and collectively, the “Starwood Hotels”) on the Starwood Websites (the "Best Rate Guarantee"). “Starwood Websites” are the websites owned or operated by or on behalf of Starwood and the Starwood Hotels, including Sheraton.com, Westin.com, StRegis.com, Whotels.com, LeMeridien.com, FourPoints.com, TheLuxuryCollection.com, Alofthotels.com, Elementhotels.com, SPG.com, and Starwoodhotels.com.
In the unlikely event that a lower rate at a Starwood Hotel is made available on a non-Starwood website (the “Competing Rate”), upon its receipt of a claim that satisfies these Best Rate Guarantee terms and conditions (the “BRG Terms”), Starwood will honor that Competing Rate and provide the individual that submitted the valid claim one of the following rewards: (1) an additional 10% discount off the Competing Rate per room per night; or (2) 2000 Starwood Preferred Guest® Starpoints® per room per stay.
- For a claim to be eligible under the Best Rate Guarantee, it must be submitted through the claim submittal webform available here.
- A claim must be submitted prior to, or within 24 hours after, making a reservation through a Starwood Website, and at least 24 hours (48 hours for non-English Starwood Websites) before the standard check-in time at the applicable Starwood Hotel.
- A claim form may be rejected by Starwood if it is incomplete, is submitted in an unsupported language, or concerns a non-Starwood website that is in an unsupported language.
- For the Competing Rate to be valid, it must be a currently available lower published online room rate for the same Starwood Hotel, the same dates, the same number of guests, the same room type, with a similar view and room size, and include similar or additional value-added amenities (e.g., free breakfast).
- Starwood will compare the total room cost of a stay, and multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more nights in the same week at the same Starwood Hotel or Starwood Hotels in close proximity may be treated as one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation.
- Starwood will convert any Competing Rate offered in a different currency than the rate made available through the Starwood Websites, and may deny claims where it determines that the difference between the rates is due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Booking fees, extra adult fees, fees for children, rollaway charges will be included in the rate comparison. Taxes, gratuities, or any mandatory charges that may apply at Starwood Hotels (e.g., resort charges) will be excluded from the rate comparison.
- The estimated value of value-added amenities (e.g.,free breakfast, tickets, gas coupons) offered as part of a Competing Rate will be excluded from the rate comparison, and will not be provided by Starwood when honoring a lower rate.
- Starwood may deny claims where the difference between the Competing Rate and the rate on the Starwood Website is less than one percent.
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to:
- Unpublished or negotiated rates (e.g., corporate discount rates, group rates, meeting rates);
- Rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, offered pursuant to direct mail or email solicitations, requiring discount codes or coupons, or otherwise not intended for the general public;
- Package rates (e.g., rates that include a combination of a room and airfare, an overnight cruise, car rental);
- Rates offered by, or on behalf of, unit owners or a home owners association for stays at Starwood Hotels owned or managed by Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., its subsidiaries and its affiliates;
- Rates offered by opaque providers (e.g., Hotwire, Priceline) that do not provide the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made; and
- Rates offered on on-request websites that do not provide immediate hotel confirmations (e.g., Asiaweb).
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to existing reservations that are not booked through a Starwood Website, and Starwood is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel (e.g., a call center, a non-Starwood website).
- If a valid Best Rate Guarantee claim is submitted without an existing reservation, the individual making the valid claim will be contacted by Starwood and must make a reservation in the manner communicated by Starwood by the earlier of 24 hours from receipt of the communication or local check-in time at the relevant Starwood Hotel. Failure to make a reservation in the required time period will invalidate the claim.
- The Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where the Starwood Websites or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Starwood’s reasonable control.
- A Best Rate Guarantee reward will only be provided if the individual making the valid claim stays in the reserved guest room. Starpoints will only be available as a Best Rate Guarantee reward if the individual making the valid claim is an SPG Member and the relevant Starwood Hotel is an SPG Participating Hotel.
- Starwood may deny claims where the applicable Starwood Hotel will no longer be operating as a Starwood Hotel on the date of the stay.
- Starwood has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim and will not review documentation provided by the individual submitting a claim as part of its validation process. Starwood reserves the right to deny a claim, if it cannot independently verify the availability of a Competing Rate at the time it processes the claim.
- Starwood may at any time and without notice terminate or restrict a person’s ability to submit a claim under or otherwise benefit from the Best Rate Guarantee, if in its sole discretion Starwood determines that such person has: (1) acted in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws or ordinances; (2) acted in a fraudulent or abusive manner, (3) submitted multiple invalid Best Rate Guarantee claims; (4) failed to stay at Starwood Hotels after receiving approved Best Rate Guarantee Claims; or (5) breached any of these BRG Terms.
- Any disputes arising out of or related to the Best Rate Guarantee or these BRG Terms shall be handled individually without any class action, and shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
- Void where prohibited by law. Starwood reserves the right to amend, revise, supplement, suspend or discontinue the Best Rate Guarantee or these BRG Terms at anytime in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
Revised: September 19, 2012