Four Points by Sheraton Penghu
Also called Pescadores, meaning “fishermen” in Portuguese, the Penghu Islands are an archipelago of 64 islands and islets in the Taiwan Strait between China and Taiwan. The main islands of Magong City/Huxi Township, Baisha Township, and Xiyu Township are the three most populous islands and are connected via bridges. The Four Points by Sheraton Penghu is next to the harbor in Magong City, just a few minutes by foot from shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. Magong Airport (MZG) is also close by.
Penghu offers sunny skies, blue waters, and pretty beaches, made extra colorful by its abundance of chrysanthemums. Nearby major sites include picturesque Chungyang Street, the 400-year-old Four Eyes Well, and the Penghu Reclamation Hall. Among the island’s dozens of holy sites are Guanyin Buddhist Temple and Tianhou Temple, which was built in the late 16th century.
There is much to do in Magong, but if you have time, take a boat ride to visit some of the other nearby islands. Jibei Island has a majestic sand bar, the largest of its kind in Taiwan. Also not to be missed is a trip to the small island of Tongpanyu, famous for its magnificent shaped basalt columns. Although the entire Penghu archipelago was formed from volcanic lava, this is the best place to view these structures. You can take a walk along a well-marked trail to view these truly impressive, natural columns.
Throughout the archipelago, popular activities include snorkeling and bird watching, especially during migration season when hundreds of species fly through the area. The Penghu Ocean Fireworks Festival is a truly dazzling display in the summer.
View Local Area Map
- Penghu County Government 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Penghu County Government Tourism Department 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Four Eyes Well 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Duxing 10th Village 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Beiliao Kui Bi Shan 12.0 km/7.5 miles
- Tongpan Geology Park (Tongpanyu Geopark) 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- Penghu Great Bridge (Trans-Ocean Bridge) 19.0 km/11.8 miles
- Fongguei Cave (Fenggui Cave) 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Erkan Historical House 27.0 km/16.8 miles
- Xiyu Western Fort 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Yuwongdao Lighthouse (Xiyu Lighthouse) 33.0 km/20.5 miles
- Double-Heart of Stacked Stones 57.0 km/35.4 miles
- Magong City 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Aimen Beach 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Magong International Airport (MZG) 8.1 km/5.0 miles