Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan
Powered by Foursquare
Situated along the northeast coast of the world’s third largest island, Borneo, Sandakan is the second largest city in the Eastern Malaysia state of Sabah. Overlooking the Sulu Sea, Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan is conveniently located on the scenic waterfront promenade in Sandakan’s Central Business District. As part of the Sandakan Harbour Square development, we offer hassle-free retail therapy at the square’s indoor market place and shops. Additionally, Sandakan Airport (SDK) is just a 20-minute drive away.
The gateway to Borneo’s famous wildlife, Sandakan is famous for its numerous eco-tourist attractions. One of the most popular is the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre. Here, a short a walk along a jungle trail reveals orangutans being slowly re-introduced to the wild. Nearby, the Rainforest Discovery Centre, Turtle Island Park, the Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary, and Gomantong Caves offer equally memorable experiences.
An open-snapshot of the island’s civilization is found at St Michael and All Angels Church. Built in 1893, it is one of Sandakan’s most historic stone buildings. Another significant landmark is Sam Sing Kung Temple. Constructed in 1887, it is Sandakan’s oldest structure. For genuine insight into life during the British North Borneo era, visit the Agnes Keith House. Fully restored, it was once the home of the eponymous American writer. Also in the area are: the Sandakan War Memorial, the site of a WWII Prisoner-of-War camp; Kampung Buli Sim Sim, a unique stilted fishing village located on the original site of Sandakan; and the ornate Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple. Situated atop a hill, it boasts fantastic panoramas of the city and sea.
At Four Points by Sheraton Sandakan, we understand if you want to go exploring—just don’t stay away too long.
Exibir mapa da região local
Recomendações da área local Powered by Foursquare
Arte e Cultura
- Museus do Patrimônio de Sandakan 0.4 km/0.3 milhas
- Escadas com cem degraus 1.1 km/0.7 milhas
- Agnes Keith House 1.3 km/0.8 milhas
- Crocodile Farm 20.0 km/12.4 milhas
- Rainforest Discovery Centre 25.5 km/15.9 milhas
- Masjid Jamek 0.3 km/0.2 milhas
- Templo Sam Sing Kung 0.9 km/0.5 milhas
- Igreja de Todos os Anjos de St. Michael 1.2 km/0.8 milhas
- Templo budista internacional 4.0 km/2.5 milhas
- Templo Chinês da Deusa da Misericórdia 5.8 km/3.6 milhas
- Digi Telecommunications Company 1.0 km/0.6 milhas
- Fazenda de crocodilos de Sandakan 12.9 km/8.0 milhas
- Memorial Park 20.0 km/12.4 milhas
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Sanctuary 23.0 km/14.3 milhas
- Santuário de vida selvagem de floresta tropical 30.0 km/18.6 milhas
- Santuário dos macacos-narigudos da Baía de Labuk 45.1 km/28.0 milhas