Officially named al-Madīnah al-Munawwarah (“the radiant city”), Medina is the capital of Saudi Arabia’s Al Madinah Province. It is the former home and burial place of the Prophet Muhammad, and Islam’s second-holiest city.
The three oldest Muslim mosques—Al-Masjid an-Nabawi, Quba Mosque, and Masjid al-Qiblatain—are located here. Maqbaratu l-Baqī’ cemetery, Mount Uhud, and the Seven Mosques on the Khandaq battlefield are also frequently visited.
The Four Points by Sheraton Medina is adjacent to the ladies’ entrance of the holy Haram, allowing majestic views of the courtyard of Al-Masjid an-Nabawi. Please note that only Muslims are allowed to enter the holy Haram. Also within walking distance of the hotel is a popular shopping district.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Mount Uhud 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Masjid Al Nabawi (Prophet Mohammed PBUH Mosque) 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Jannat al-Baqi 0.3 km/0.2 miles
- The Seven Mosques 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Masjid al Qiblatain (The Mosque Of Two Qiblas) 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Quba Mosque 3.0 km/1.9 miles