Rated 3 out of 5 by PaulB Odd Experience
Standard Four Points, extremely small space, typical for NYC. Here are the odder things:
- Guy at check in was strange, seemed confused.
- Received no bill under my door at last day, when down to check out and asked, and he said they do email now and I didn't request that at check in (same guy). Perhaps my SPG account and a request at check in?
- Reservation had SPG number, hotel bill didn't. Still haven't gotten credit. That takes 7 days + 7 days. Can charge against SPG or credit card for bills right away - but fixing a mistake, that takes lots of research!
Clearly this place is for tourists and not SPG/business travelers. I won't intentionally pick this place again.
May 15, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by stones Great location, horrible front desk attention
My overall rating would be much better if the personnel at the front desk would not have made us lost a lot of time:
1. giving us one room and then changing us to another because there was not space for the crib asked on the reservations and during the check in progress
2. not having called the car for our airport ride in the afternoon we asked when checking out. After being waiting for it, we had to insist to have them check with the company. It turned out nobody has called.
3. being super slow bringing the luggage upstairs...
More than a review this is a complaint. Please excuse me if this is not the appropriate channel.
May 7, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by JLMR4 Outstanding front desk staff
Clean, comfortable, well-located hotel. Front desk staff is unfailingly friendly and helpful - had a minor injury during my last stay, hotel provided wheelchair for my use, no charge - saved me from spending my trip in my hotel room. Have stayed here multiple times and definitely can recommend it.
May 13, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Guest22 A Huge Disappointment!!!
I don't know why I keep on giving SPG a chance when there so many other choices on hotels. This time not only did they screw up my reservation by transferring my mileage to the wrong account, but also committing the two dbl bed I requested to another party. Then, when I called their concierge desk for assistance, she was not helpful at all!! Completely clueless, promised to call me back and never did. Overall the customer service sucked....I can't believe this is a 4 star hotel. The staff should definitely be re-trained.
May 6, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Linda room in the sky
In spite of being so busy, Lisa managed to upgrade my room to the 21st floor where each night I fell asleep with the glow of the new trade tower's lights. Staff was excellent. They were terrific hosts.
May 8, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by BizTraveler21 Great location but needs work after my last stay
This was my second time staying here. I like the location, proximity to my office, and generally the consistently friendly staff that I've come to expect from Starwood. However, this stay was less than ideal. A broken elevator had me waiting for SEVERAL minutes to get down from the 9th floor. A consistently leaky toilet kept me awake later than I would have liked, and a misunderstanding with restaurant staff added to more delays, and me being charged more than a typical meal. I hope you address some of these issues, as I really do like staying at this Four Points when things are operating smoothly.
April 29, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by NYCEvery2Weeks Worst stay of many at this hotel
I have stayed here at least 5 times and may not stay again. When I arrived the TV was broken. They sent someone up who fixed it. Then the thermostat was stuck in 65. I told them and they didn't fix it. The shower door leaked so the bathroom floor flooded every morning. When leaving for work at 8AM the elevators didn't come. After walking down 8 floors the folks in the lobby said one was broken and the other was being used by the maids. Glad I wasn't on the 24th floor. And this is the most I have paid per night there yet. Definitely didn't get my money's worth.
April 26, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by capeCodder Four Points Review
Staff is wonderful friendly, consistent and kind.
May 2, 2013