Rated 5 out of 5 by Jaxsun Welcome wagon
In my multitude of years attending several different branded establishments, I have never received the welcome that would compare to my recent visit to the FourPints at Kelowna Airport. My family and I were met by not just one, but three high energy attendants. You need to understand that these girls moved the multitude of guest a through reception in an very awe inspiring efficiency that I have never witnessed. Nava and the girls have set the bar for what customer service used to be and should be in the future. Their ability to shine in a high pressure customer service industry should lead to great success for this location. I look forward to staying with them again. If they could inspire this kind of customer service in every location, they will generate a superior customer loyalty.
February 23, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by demok Service missing the mark
We booked 5 nights at this hotel, the pictures look beautiful, it appeared clean and the location was great. Overall, the staff were pretty good. However, there was one particular front desk staff member who unfortunately, worked long shifts during our entire stay and every single interaction with her was absolutely painful. Her angry tone, body language was due to a lack of maturity and any care for her job, unfortunately made our experiences VERY negative (we obviously tried to avoid dealing with her when possible). I am not going to publicly critique this person any further here so I will leave this with management to contact me so I can provide her name to them. “Training” this person would be a lost cause as I would highly recommend parting ways to avoid further damage.
Despite this one person, the remaining staff were pleasant to deal with which was good. Here is a brief summary of our 5 night experience:
* First night, thermostat fails to work on the “Farenheit” mode....it’s -3 degrees Celsius outside so when we walked in the room and were greeted with the air conditioner, we quickly tried to reverse that only to be met with 45 minutes of troubleshooting, front office staff visiting our room, etc. I managed to get it to work on “Celsius” mode....fairly cheap thermostat systems, but we got it working.
* First night again, 10 pm, our 7 year old son is sleeping and suddenly the “jet tub” goes off......no lights flashing, air blasting and motor is loud of course, just an electrical glitch of course.....after painful conversations with the front desk gal, whose name I won’t mention, she sends a housekeeping staff to press the on/off button....um wow, never thought of that (kidding)....so I told them to get maintenance to turn off the breaker for this jet tub....which they finally did (only 30 minutes of a loud jet tub).....perhaps I should have filled it with water & bubbles! :) Anyhow, we never bothered trying to turn it on because we didn’t want the headache of trying to disable this thing again! :)
* Breakfast - “disastrous” service - from sitting for 10 minutes with no coffee or anything being served (need my coffee) to having food that wasn’t cooked (sent disgusting runny eggs back a few times) to having a plate of food tossed in front of you and its missing half of the items (no toast, no fruit, no ketchup, etc., just to name a few)....anyhow, lots of “small things” which convinced me that the breakfast staff (both kitchen & servers) have very little restaurant experience....because their incompetence was quite consistent for the first 3 days (constantly having to get up and ask for someone to come by to take your order, or to bring more coffee, long breaks between staff checking on you.....all basic service expectations).....anyhow, we reversed our “breakfast option”, took the bonus starpoints instead and took our breakfast business elsewhere, received great service & food. Didn’t take much to beat these guys.
* Dinner - COMPLETELY different story - the meals were DELICIOUS, the service was again “average” but still 10 times better than the morning staff. I’d recommend trying the dinner menu.
* Our last 2 nights, we were upgraded from the king suite on the 6th floor to the presidential suite (for free....though we are platinum and are entitled to one free upgrade, I do realize presidential suites are not included in this so we did appreciate the gesture). It wasn’t booked anyway so was probably easier for them to rent out the first room we occupied versus the more expensive presidential suite. Regardless, it was the highlight of our stay as the room was great for our hosting of family & friends who visited us. The “servery” had no glasses at all so I called the front desk to ask for some wine glasses and little miss misery at the front desk told me to use the paper cups in the bathroom....so I didn’t bother with this person, went directly to housekeeping staff to get some glasses for our suite. :)
* Pool was fine though the waterslide was INSANELY fast....not appropriate for younger kids, more for teenagers.
* Gym was decent, just wreaked of “rubber” smell, my son & I were coughing the whole time in there but that’s because the flooring is fairly new and there’s a lack of ventilation in there obviously.
Seems like a beautiful hotel, great location but the service had some MAJOR gaps so I don’t think I would return there. I never saw a hotel manager anywhere so perhaps that was part of the problem. Their rates are decent so if you want to stay near the airport, it’s a great spot for that, just don’t expect anything beyond sleeping in a room and you’ll be fine. :)
January 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DSquared Close to airport
We chose the Four Points Sheraton Kelowna because our flight arrived late at night and we wanted to avoid the drive into town. When we arrived at approximately 11:30p.m. we were checked in quickly and efficiently. Our room was very comfortable and met all our expectations. Breakfast the next morning was very good. We returned later in the weekend for lunch and a glass of wine from their extensive selection. I would definitely recommend this hotel as it was clean, quiet, and comfortable.
November 12, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Babs430 Great except for shuttle confusion
No great instruction for pick up. Had been sent an e-mail telling me to phone when I'd picked up my luggage.
I don't have a cell phone, couldn't find a free call phone (wasn't working) . Finally found someone who would call for me and then later found out the shuttle had been waiting somewhere else. Thus wasted a 1/2 hour at almost midnight.
BUT if they correct this flaw it's a beautiful bed and a great nights sleep. Lovely place but didn't have the time to really check it out.
November 16, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Katrina78 Great hotel, great restaurant & service
Very satisfied with the quality of the hotel room, overall facility, & ease of booking room. The in-house restaurant is excellent and I recommend it to all people, not just those staying in the hotel. (One thing they could improve is their airport shuttle service--the fellow dropped us off at the wrong door and as we were in a rush to catch our flight, we had to really scoot to get to the check-in counter.) Other than that, everything was excellent! :)
September 27, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Jeff1356 First stay at the Kelowna property
Arrived - took off my suit confident there was a bathrobe in the room - there is none. Re dress - call front desk - wait 20 minutes for a bathroom. Breakfast only availablle at restaurant after 7am - and orders for room service only after 6:30 am - with meetings in Kelowna starting at 7:30 I am have to plan to leave the hotel and find a restaurant. Otherwise The facility is first class - I have been waiting for a Starwood option in the Kelowna area.
October 12, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ewalker Many good things, food needs improvement.
Ordered room service one night, and the food was barely warm. I travel a lot and I know this should not happen.
Next morning, I ordered Eggs benedict down in the restaurant and the Hollandaise sauce looked/tasted like mayonnaise with some adding flavours (as opposed to real Hollandaise sauce). I expect more from a Sheraton.
Staff and facilities were otherwise excellent, so it was a shame the food did not meet the same standards.
July 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lucy46 Great Airport Hotel!
My husband and I had a very early flight and spent the previous night at the Four Points Sheraton. We were blown away with the friendly, efficient service and the facility.
Sarah was excellent and the front desk and made us feel very welcome. Shane, our server was also outstanding. We have eaten in Ric's Grill before (not on this trip) and it will never disappoint.
We will definitely be back and would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly!
February 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cheyenne234 Restaurant
When room service exceeds the restaurant in food quality and delivery something is wrong. Staff in the restaurant have a different approach, yet they for the most part deliver to the room. Quality of product differs, as I order the exact same dish, and they are different in taste. This is not the Rics quality that I know and have come to enjoy. The hotel is great, good proximity, functions well, always enjoy staying here.
May 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by AndrewD Conference
We hosted a large event for >200 people at the Kewlona Airport hotel and I must say that their staff and the accomadations were excellent.
Staff were very attentive, friendly and professional. They managed the refreshments stations perfectly and always ensured the dirty plates, cups, etc... were quickly removed. They also did a fantastic job setting up the room.
I would definately recommend and return to this location.
October 4, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by WearyTraveler71 Kelowna Four Points Surprise
This hotel is an outstanding choice for any stay that is very close to the Airport. The rooms were super modern, clean and well kept. I was surprised with the outsanding food and service we received from both the restaurant and the hotel staff. The encrusted Halibut special was world class and the service exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is a bit far out fromn the city if that is a consideration.
May 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by 4Pal beautiful hotel
An newer hotel that is close to the airport. It is easy to drive to/ find. The rooms are really nice with a good sized TV. The Bed is comfortable and the bathroom a good size. The facilities - the restaurant / bar very nice.
The employees - all that I met were very helpful and a great team to help make the stay comfortable.
The stay and park is handy and there are very minimum delays to and from the airport.
February 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by BabsB Clean, New, Fresh Hotel
Clean, New and Fresh Hotel. Comfortable bed and great black out blinds, good sleep and was also quiet, even though near the highway and airport. Most of the noise came from the hall. Wifi strong. Hotel provides Shuttle service for airport as well. In room coffee maker but also free coffee and tea in lobby. Close to UBC, airport and golf course, but a ways from downtown Kelowna, lake and other restaurants.
April 27, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by bustraveller Needs improvements! Starting with the management
I recently had the opportunity to stay at this property. I am only writing this review after giving the GM Thom K an opportunity to discuss the issues. He had zero concern about our stay.
* rooms were nice and new.
* Reservation was somehow messed up. When I made a suite night upgrade the hotel added an extra room reservation. It took 3 calls to the platinum concierge to resolve the issue with the hotel.
* Front end staff - VERY disorganized. No understanding of platinum amenities, they charged our room for gift shop items that were not ours. These are somewhat excusable given they are new.
* Front end management even more disorganized (Vincent P). He argued with me about the charges on my room. This is not excusable given he is trained management.
* The restaurant and front end staff do not know how to apply the platinum breakfast - ended up being charged for every breakfast resulting in it taking over 45 minutes to check-out. Very convenient when you are traveling with a 2 and 5 year old.
* Room was not properly equipped – when I asked about missing items they told me they were on back-order.
* It is in a terrible location given it takes over 30 minutes to drive to the other end of Kelowna
* Waterslide is dangerous
* My youngest son was sick on the pool deck from swallowing pool water – I cleaned up the entire mess however got the nastiest glare from cleaning staff. That’s right I CLEANED IT UP! Next time I should just leave it.
* Was charged a $15 service charge for dry-cleaning 2 pairs of pants. That made it a $38 total. When I called the GM I was told to read the form.
Overall hotel is nice and comfortable however given the terrible service it really ruined our stay
August 5, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by jawes I have had better stays here
3 of 4 of us ordered prime rib special for dinner....perhaps the regular cook took the day off?? Dinner slow in arriving after appies, Meat overcooked ( likely reheated ),
vegetables cold....yuukk should have stayed at golf course for dinner.... No drain stopper in sink, hard to shave. Halls noisy at 6am.... not the kind of stay I expect from the Sheraton as a platinum :(
June 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Umom Great Location
This hotel has the perfect location. Quiet, neat and clean. Get a great sleep! This was my second stay here and my only negative comments are we found the water pressure to be abit light and the shower curtain needed to be changed. Other than that, a great place to stay location-wise and it is very clean and you get a great nights sleep!
August 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by BarryM Great except the sofa bed
The hotel is very new and in fantastic shape. The suite we stayed in was nice with lots of room. Our only complaint was that the sofa bed was very uncomfortable and you could feel the springs. (That's why I provided a lower rating on comfort and quality of sleep). If you don't need the sofa bed in the suite--it's a great hotel and I would recommend it.
July 31, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by teddy28 Excellent place to stay.
This place looked after us! Comfortable and convenient in every sense, - food was delicious; staff were accommodating, informative, and friendly; rooms sparkled and the beds were very comfortable; outside patios were heated and delightful, parking was great and shuttle was available when needed! Very affordable!! Thank you, Four Points by Sheraton in Kelowna, BC!!
June 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Beadydad Nice new hotel
Excellent, quiet hotel. Blackout blinds a nice touch. Staff accommodating and polite. Literally walking distance to airport.
Had to phone for kleenex and toilet paper, very little left in the room. Only 2 plastic glasses in room. Computers in lobby were not working, one shut down completely, other wouldn't connect to internet.
Shuttle service prompt and polite.
May 7, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by 1789 This hotel is an oasis of comfort.
The only negative comment I can make is about the shower where the only way to get hot water is to be splashed with a cold one. I believe it is a mistake for a hotel of that stature. May I suggest you change that to a 'telephone' style of shower where one can direct the spay away from the body before getting the right temperature...?
July 6, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Basilr Good value, high quality
This is a very good value upper-end hotel. Proximity close to airport is great for air travellers- although less for those spending time in West Kelowna.
Staff were very friendly. There are a few glitches- the green program is awkward regarding convenient replacement of towels and coffee facilities- this could be more streamlined
July 20, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Boomer001 Unfriendly staff. Generator on top floor made it difficult to sleep.
This hotel from the outside was promising. Sadly, it fell very short of our expectations. The staff were not very friendly, and the room that we were assigned was near, we think, a generator. There was a constant rhythmic low tone rumble that could be heard from our room. Our experience was not pleasant.
August 12, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anon82839 Airport convenience is key
If you are flying, this hotel is extremely conveniently located. Rooms are clean and new with a nice modern design. Blackout blinds on the windows are great for sleeping in. Only thing I find annoying is the air conditioning/heating unit and it's controls. Staff is always friendly and helpful.
August 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Victor14 This hotel is very clean with helpful staff
Rooms are very lean. Staff very helpful, respectful, friendly and professional in addressing our concerns. There are free shuttle services to the airport and to the UBC O campus. The hotel is across the highway from the airport but very quiet and no airport noise heard from outside and inside the hotel. There is a restaurant on site.
March 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jugrant The Service and comfort of this Hotel
This Hotel had beautiful functional rooms and an excellent staff. The Restaurant was wonderful as well. We Enjoyed our stay and would recommend this Hotel to all of our friends and family.
September 28, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Travel50 Much needed rest during a business travel
During a recent travel, I stayed at the FourPoints in Kelowna and I was able to enjoy a restful evening. The staffs were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable, and it was quiet. I was able to get the rest needed for the busy days that followed.
August 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Frunch Quiet
Rooms very soundproof. No airport noise or early morning door slamming. No early morning plumbing noises also . Beds very comfortable. All makes for a great nights rest.
Great clean property.
September 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by HongKongFamily Great new hotel
New hotel and very well furbished. Staff were friendly and helpful. It was a good deal with the opening rate with the free food coupon.
But the food can use some improvement though. Service at the restaurant was a bit slow too.
Overall a great hotel to stay in, but it may be a far drive from the city centre.
June 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by terry4488 Hotel new, clean and service good
The hotel is new but well serviced and excellent employee presentation. Food could be better - over priced for what one receives. The hotel on the whole great and would stay every time in kelowna or travel through the Kelowna airport- across the highway so convenient and with great service pleasant stay
June 27, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by TracyBeth a good stay, restaurant a problem
We stayed here because it was rated Kelowna's #1 hotel. Hotel and room were very good. We were not asked at check out how our stay was.
Restaurant experience sadly lacking. Poor service for two dinners, low quality food for breakfast buffet. Would recommend the hotel but not the restaurant.
July 22, 2014