Rated 1 out of 5 by DXGuo Amazingly Bad Stay
1) Hotel front desk did not allow my suite upgrade despite requests, and insisted that ALL suites are full even though spg.com has shown room availability. Front desk staff quoted an abundance of platinum members as a reason for refusal of upgrade.
2) Normal room given to me gave me a real shock the moment i stepped in. Bathroom was incredibly messy, with pillows towels and condoms thrown all over the place.
3) 20 minutes after contacting the front desk over the shocking room, the somehow sudden available suite came magically.
Was so disgusted and offended that I checked out soon after
August 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by AntonioLam Vacation During National Day
Felt very relax during this vacation
October 5, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Johnhkhkjohn A nice hotel in Shenzhen
This hotel has great features. I like the outdoor swimming pool. The staff are great and welcoming. I will stay with this hotel again.
September 29, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by DrJun fantastic hotel is becoming to just ordinary hotel
If you don't expect Platinum guest benefits, I can say this hotel is not bad. For other guest, this hotel would still have a good value.
But, if you are Platinum guest, I recommend you select other Starwood hotel like Sheraton Futian or St. Regis with some more money. If you stay this hotel, please forget for the room upgrade. They will just give you a small room with shower which calls it as Executive room but no feeling as named.
If you don't expect about the room upgrade, this hotel would be not so bad.
But, actually I have stayed more than 50 times since 2005, and I know it was fantastic hotel before. Nice Suites and delicious food. But, it's a pity for a person who liked this hotel so much that now this hotel is becoming just ordinary hotel.
September 16, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by LLSF10 Great with a couple problems
1) Comfortable bed.
2) Good room amenities with free bottles of water and nice bathroom accessories.
3) Breakfast is good, although could use a bit more variety day to day, month to month.
1) My shower did not get hot on my last day.
2) The West Tower 19th floor smells slightly of urine. I think it is due to an old air conditioning system with old freon. The East Tower has slightly smaller rooms, but I would recommend it over the West Tower- I would not stay in the west tower again due to the bad smell.
September 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bob18 A+ service
I guess the easiest way to describe this hotel is from the service at breakfast. I don’t think I had an empty plate on my table for more than 30 seconds before someone picked it up. Service was A+. Room was simple, but spacious; I didn’t see the executive lounge as I came in late in the evening for one night. Front desk was ready for me when I arrived, and check in was a breeze. I will be back here in the future.
June 14, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Memories2118 Comfortable hotel after a long day's work
Have stayed at this facility on business trips to Shenzhen. Enjoy the gym access and overall ambiance. With more stays and SPG membership, hotel recognizes repeat customer and offers some upgrades at no additional charge and makes for really pleasant and comfortable stays. I use the in room food service a lot due to long days at work and enjoy most of the food although a bit pricey. Room cleanliness has been good , but have experienced a few times where found some mildew. Exercise gym area could use some upgrading. During this recent stay, several treadmills were down at the same time. The majority of staffers are helpful and friendly.
July 30, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by mrpoon not my kind of spg hotel
did get an enhanced room upon check-in for SPG gold. however, given the rate that they were charging, with no breakfast. this is not a good value for money. the hotel was converted from an office building, so it had this strange vibe to it. definitely not one of the better four point hotels that i have stayed so far. (upon checking out, the staff put the invoice in an envelope. what happened to their folios?)
August 26, 2014