Rated 2 out of 5 by Gerardo Crapy staff
Hotel is good, rooms are as they should be, clean enough etc as you expect from a SPG hotel.
Reception staff is very rude. They are not ment to serve, they speak and treat you as if they where making you a favor, some need to teach them what the word "service" means. Definitively not a SPG standard.
My room had lots of problema with telephones i asked them to be changed at least 4 times, with no results, so i gave up.
Internet is awfull you are lucky if you get 200 kb/sec in peaks! So forget about Sending filesof your job, you will need the entire night to do so,plus you pay 29 BRS per day! Unbelievable!never saw an internet that crapy for that much, its a real scam.
Kitchen is very repetitive, and price/benefit is not convenient. Prices are very high ror what you get, and you will find the menu boting by the 5th day. Better to walk out to Cavaleiros beach and have a nice dinner in a very good restaurant, for 40% less.
Staff is never helpfull
January 11, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by miknunes Disappointing experience
Stayed in Four Season Macaé room 1402 from April 9th to 12th this year and again was disappointed. For a 4 star hotel and the amount paid doesn't reflect the expected quality:
1. The carpet was stained or bleached.
2. Curtains in the shower instead of glass doors were badly installed and in my last visit the rod fell on me and received no apologies.
3. Cable TV reception was terrible same as last stay.
4. The bed wasn't made from one day to the other just had the blanket placed over it.
5. Breakfast time states from 06 to 10am, but if you go past 08am there is no more omelet being prepared.
6. Mentioned the fact on the bed tidiness at reception and did not get any apologies and was mentioned it would be taken up to housekeeping department.
7. One of my work colleagues left his iPhone charger in the room and asked reception to check if it was found on the previous day of my departure. The clerk was taking long and went out for a meal, next day checked with reception and no information was still available. Left the hotel without the charger.
April 13, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lozzmas The Hotel is very good but!
The Hotel advertises a fitness centre and swimming pool which it has but, the opening times are very limited, they open weekdays 06:30 - 22:00 and weekends are Saturday 08:00 - 18:00 and Sunday is the same sometimes but other times it is 14:00 - 18:00, very often they do not open on time and you have to call to have someone open up, also many times you go down and it is closed for maintenance without any notice, the fitness centre should be open 24/7 as many of the clientle are workers who like to train before and after work, if you enter the centre between 18:00 and 21:00 it is over crowded,
June 24, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by SPGguest1 not SPG standard
got a standard room and was told it was a suite, no platinum recognition, finally got a bigger room (junior size) but hotel no more then 50% filled, plastic flowers everywhere, some staff nice other not at all .
Beach not far, but carefully crossing the busy street and the train tracks; no cross walks or lights
Don't try it with small kids.
November 28, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Doug10293 The Staff saved my stay
For the Macae area Four Points is the best choice. The staff at the front desk, I worked with Christina, Carlos, and Robert, are very friendly and helpful. Most of the hotels in this area would rank as poor in my book and for a Sheridan all though better then any thing else in this area, I find it lacking The rooms are somewhat rundown and require some deep cleaning and maintenance, traces of mold, and discoloration of the carpet and future, but the daily cleaning is good. The AC died in my First room but the front desk promptly sent some up to check it and then some one to help me move. There were some other smaller issues but the front desk was fast to adress them. The internet is very slow there, however they charge for it and I think if it’s not free it should at least be fast. But again For the Macae area Four Points is the best choice
April 2, 2013