Rated 4 out of 5 by Cocoa916 Comfortable hotel
Comfortable hotel on the west side of Calgary.
September 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dean32 Conveniently Located!
- Great Service!
- Clean Rooms!
- Great Location!
May 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Baywhop great location
Great location with plenty of amenities near by.
May 13, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gordy663 Not bad of a hotel...
Friendly/helpful staff and awesome rooms
February 20, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Hockey18 Average
Older style hotel with great location.
February 11, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Jbudgell Jb
Nice room and beautiful lobby area!
June 28, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jian West calgary
Good hotel except the construction
December 29, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by LastMinuteBooking Very comfortable
Great room, very comfortable.
April 1, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mitch89 Good hotel but....
Good hotel, some negatives
May 27, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by brennan The hospitality was very poor
The hotel itself was very lovely, great location and the rooms were spacious. But the staff however were very unfriendly. Every morning we passed by the girls at the front desk and were greeted with frowns instead of a smile. We then said good morning and got a shocked attitude as if this was not okay. I believe the front desk staff should be friendly as they are the first thing you witness at a hotel.
As for the cleanliness, our rooms were fine, but we witnessed dishes left in the hall way from the room across from ours that were left there over night and were still there when we arrived back later that evening. That means that wither no one passed that hallway in over 24 hours, or no one cared enough to pick up the dishes as they passed.
One last thing, we decided to eat at the restaurant on our first day and we were quite disappointed. Not one person met us at the front to seat us so we had to find a staff member ourselves as the sing said please wait to be seated. Once we were seated in the lounge area by the bar we waited over 10 minutes with no one coming to serve us. We ended up leaning and eating across the street instead.
We gave the restaurant another try on our last morning for breakfast and again were disappointed at the service. It took most of our meals to get our coffee and juice. Even asking for a glass of water took over 15 minutes. I believe that if you are paying that much for breakfast the service should not come after you have eaten your meal.
October 15, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by bartsmom GOOD UPGRADE
Sat. night rate was good already but an email 2 days prior offered us an upgrade for only $20 to a suite with a separate hideabed room which we took and which was excellent. Very good value. I did have to call the 1800 # as I received no confirmation of the upgrade. The confirmation was only at the hotel and not in the 1800 # system so you might want to check this. Bottom line, the upgrade was a great deal and a wonderful room.
- since my reservation email (if memory serves correctly) mentioned my 90 year old mom, staff simply directed us to elevators (in the lobby area) which then required a very long L-shaped walk to get to our room at the east end of the hotel. We should have been directed to take a left, carry on past Ric's THEN continue to the east elevators which would have been more direct and put us about 3 doors from our room. Bottom line, staff should SHOW you where your room is AND where the (2) elevators are, thereby providing you options for the most direct route to your room.
- I DID ask staff for a wheelchair which many hotels have and make available in the porters' area. A rather "tough" looking gal with spikey hair said no, we don't have them because people steal them. Not a big help and kind of insulting. Suggest you purchase a few second hand which are reasonable and could either keep them folded up behind reception OR padlocked in the porters area, with a sign directing the guest to reception to sign for and receive the padlock key? With aging population this would be thinking forward ... and BTW - VIP to please wash and sanitize them on a DAILY basis if you do - no need to explain why!
September 12, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by StevenAlaska Friendly Staff and Exceptionally Comfortable Rooms
I was pleased with this hotel for many reasons. The Queen Suite was bright and spacious and most importantly came with a walk out balcony. I loved the ability to go outside and get fresh air right in the comfort of your own room. The suite had a television in each room and when the door was shut it was virtually sound proof so you couldn't hear the tv or noise from the adjacent room. This was a perfect addition if anyone would like to watch tv or talk while there little ones are sleeping. I also appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room. The hotel and room were fairly clean although I noticed there was quite a bit of visible dust in the corners and around the edges by the baseboards. I probably would not have noticed this if I wasn't on my hands and knees looking for children's toys, but I was and it was a little off-putting. The beds were very comfortable but the air conditioner was a bit noisy. The staff were incredible. They were so friendly and it was evident that their happiness was genuine when you watched them interact amongst themselves. It was refreshing to see such a playful yet professional work environment where the staff seemed excited to be at work. The staff made this hotel for me. I was very impressed as they always helped me with luggage and even helped me push my baby stroller. The location is okay, but not really within close walking distance of much. There are a few fast food restaurants and gas stations nearby but no shopping or other amenities. I appreciated that the hotel had a quality restaurant and little convenience store on site. If I didn't have a car this wouldn't have been my first choice for a hotel but otherwise it was in an easy to access, quiet location. I personally liked being away from the hustle and bustle of things and it is only a three to ten minute drive to shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. I should also mention that I felt very appreciated as an SPG member. Overall, and excellent hotel with amazing staff.
June 13, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by cdnop77 One to many problems
The house keeping staff were phenomenal and were probably the highlight during our recent stay doing an outstanding job.
Our problems began on check-in with the front desk staff giving us different information than the person who booked our stay over the phone. After an intense debate/argument they did not honor the booking person but were understanding to the situation.
The biggest problem however was the restaurant/room service with multiple issues:
1. We were allowed to take our breakfast in containers the first three mornings. Then all of a sudden we werent allowed due to 'policy'. Make up your mind.. it either is or isn't.
2. As we paid cash up front for our week long stay, room service was quite rude over the phone, rudely telling us we were not allowed to order unless we prepaid first. This wouldnt have been an issue if it wasnt for the way we were told and definitely wouldnt have had a problem with this at all. However delivery is key in these messages... we aren't stupid and deserve to be treated better as guests.
On top of this the following morning, the restaurant staff were actually conversing about this in an open area free for all to hear.... which I happened to overhear as I came down stairs for breakfast and then promptly confronted them on. Funny thing was the person discussing this wasnt the one who we dealt with over the phone, was incorrect on their 'facts' and was inappropriately speaking about us as if we had done something wrong.
3. Food quality with the exception of breakfast was poor at best.
4. As the restaurant was 'closed' during our stay there was no indication there was any option to pickup our food as the menus all showed SNEAK A PEAK. Maybe we missed something in the translation or its a local thing but anyone I have talked to about this has the general understanding that this means it is something that is coming!! So now because of this misunderstanding that is apparently our fault a pizza that costs under $14 ended up costing us $23.
5. Gratuities are something that are meant to be given for a job well done, not a mandatory or demanded payment.
6. No professionalism
May 8, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Peltier Horrible Experience
From the time we checked in is when the problems started. We were part of a group booking and I did all the organizing a head of time for that, I would say all the pre-check in experience with the staff was great, with the exception that at no point did management, sales stafff or any employees advise us that the hotel was under renovations.
We had several issues with the hotel:
1) When we checked in three other people from our group who were on same plane as us, were advised there room was already checked in which was impossible,
2) When we got to room it was late so tried to get pull out ready for kids to go to bed, well unforunately they had no pillows and no blankets to sleep on, just a sheet.
3) Went to use lamp on the desk, and the phone and neither were plugged in and working, we pulled out the furniture to plug them in, lamp worked but still could not get phone to work.
4) other people in our group had no tv in the living room area of the suites, we did however only one remote torun each othe them.
5) Toilet leaked really badly, we called maintenance whenwe checked in, they came to fix it within about half an hour, however next day it was still leaking again, had ot get maintenance back
6) We asked to for a fridge and microwave in our room I also called several days before hand and they stated all rooms have fridges and microwaves, however when we got to room, we had no microwave, maintanance delivered next morning very early.
7) We also had money go missing from out room, which we are not sure if it was maitenance, housekeeping or a non invited guest. We noteiced that several room doors were left open in the hotel while the maintenace and housekeeping staff were working in the rooms. While they were working in the room they did not keep our belongings safe and secure. The money was placed nicely inour luggage and hidden so whome ever took it would have had to violate our personal space and went through our luggage.
8) As renovations were going on which they did not advise us about, they started working on rooms very early, and woke us up.
Overall our stay was not very pleasant and I would not be going back.
June 6, 2012