Rated 5 out of 5 by Marg Choose to stay here
If you are planning to stay in this area, choose this hotel. I travel often and had an opportunity to visit many hotels in Calgary. I found this one to the best in Calgary West. Clean, comfortable beds, lots of towels and many improvements in the restaurant.
September 16, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Frenchy63 front staff
the front desk clerk was very resourceful to accommodate us with our stay
September 12, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by bartsmom GOOD UPGRADE
Sat. night rate was good already but an email 2 days prior offered us an upgrade for only $20 to a suite with a separate hideabed room which we took and which was excellent. Very good value. I did have to call the 1800 # as I received no confirmation of the upgrade. The confirmation was only at the hotel and not in the 1800 # system so you might want to check this. Bottom line, the upgrade was a great deal and a wonderful room.
- since my reservation email (if memory serves correctly) mentioned my 90 year old mom, staff simply directed us to elevators (in the lobby area) which then required a very long L-shaped walk to get to our room at the east end of the hotel. We should have been directed to take a left, carry on past Ric's THEN continue to the east elevators which would have been more direct and put us about 3 doors from our room. Bottom line, staff should SHOW you where your room is AND where the (2) elevators are, thereby providing you options for the most direct route to your room.
- I DID ask staff for a wheelchair which many hotels have and make available in the porters' area. A rather "tough" looking gal with spikey hair said no, we don't have them because people steal them. Not a big help and kind of insulting. Suggest you purchase a few second hand which are reasonable and could either keep them folded up behind reception OR padlocked in the porters area, with a sign directing the guest to reception to sign for and receive the padlock key? With aging population this would be thinking forward ... and BTW - VIP to please wash and sanitize them on a DAILY basis if you do - no need to explain why!
September 12, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by TerryYVR Comfort and relax feel
Being staying at this hotel last 6 years and it continues to get better. Room up-grades, hotel interior up-grades -GREAT staff and now Ric's Grill.
High recomend for business and personal travel if you do not want to be in city core.
September 10, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Babar You feel as your home
That was my first visit to Calgary. When I was booking my hotel online, I was not sure what hotel I was getting. Finally, I got the Four Points By Sheraton. From my first step to last, I enjoyed staying every moments. In future, I will definitely try to stay if I get the room within my budget. My heartfelt thanks to all staff, particularly, the front office staff who are really lovely person. I always remeber them.
September 9, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by michael27 Business Centre Needs Help
The business centre needs to be revamped. Internet slow, most web pages do not show up due to administrator settings. As such, I do not even get to the printing that I need done for the next business day. This has been a consistent problem on my last several visits. Sitting at a counter facing the elevator/walkway while at the business centre is also a lot odd.
September 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by natsmo Sheraton Four Points is a great value
We booked our room very last minute and were delighted that the hotel could accommodate us. Fantastic help from Luke at SPG as well as the front desk staff at the hotel. Pleased with all the amenities and service provided.
August 31, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Manitoba71 Travelling Comfort
After driving many kilometers on our vacation it was a nice treat to stay at the comfortable and clean Four Points by Sheraton in Calgary West. I was surprised that it was affordable given the high end look of the exterior and the check in and friendliness of the staff was very nice.
August 28, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by JoeyG Business Travelers beware
This is a nice hotel for attending winter events at the Olympic Center. It is a little out of the way for business travelers and the wifi was not reliable.
August 27, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by heweydewey very comfortable beds
-beds were great
-good location to access banff
no bottle opener available( staff suggested to bring my beer to the front desk to have opened?) apparently issues with receiving the bottle opener back...maybe have some for sale in the convenience store if not willing to provide
August 27, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Family233 Very impressed with this Hotel
Our stay was excellent. the people are polite and very professional.
August 4, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bryanmcc A comfortable clean hotel
This property is clean and comfortable. The pool is great for kids( 3.5 feet deep and has a waterslide.
August 2, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Bill68 Noise was constant
After complaining to the front desk about the constant yelling and running in all the hallway on the second floor,I was told there was a team that had taken all the other rooms on the second floor. They would speak to the coach. The running and yelling did not abate. I was offered to move to a nearby hotel (not a starwood), which I declined. Finally after dinner I was moved to a room that I was told had a king bed (turned out to be a queen) on a different floor. The staff was not friendly and were argumentative making for a very unpleasant experiance. I would never stay at this facility again.
July 27, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gini25 Calgary West FPS
Great hotel, was really quite impressed. Easily the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at, and for a great rate as well. Fantastic if you are just passing through on your way to the mountains and fairly quick access to downtown...if you don't absolutely need to stay within walking distance of downtown or the airport it is perfect. Staff was awesome, really friendly and helpful. Room was clean, spacious and well decorated...I have spent many months living out of hotels and must say I could get used to it if all my rooms were this great. Overall great experience, have stayed and will stay with Four Points hotels again!!!
June 28, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by TRVL2MuCH A work in progress...
I've been staying at this location for a number of years now and I was happy to see the hotel is finally undergoing much needed renovations. In addition to the renovations they have a new General Manager, what an absolute breath of fresh air she is. This hotel needed someone like her to liven up the atmosphere and bring an air of vibrancy to this property. Keep up the good work!
However the quality of the renovations leaves much to be desired, and it appears the quality of workmanship is far below the high quality standards which are synonymous for the Sheraton brand hotels.
Overall, I would recommend this Hotel for anyone passing through town on their way to Banff as it is right on the highway.
June 18, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by davejaia Great staff...fixed up rooms need some help
Front Desk staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. We got recently refurbished rooms.... fridge door catches on closet door every time. New sinks are shallow and square and new taps have lots of pressure. Every time you turn on a tap, you get splashed with water. Please change this for the benefit of all guests. So called business area is just two computers with no software and printers not connected properly... area needs help.
June 14, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by loyalspg86 Unfortunate Disappointment
I have been a Loyal SPG member for 3 years now and have frequently stayed at this particular Four Points hotel, especially in 2009 when I stayed over 20 times. I have never encountered a problem with this particular location, I had always had great service, wonderful rooms and felt my money was well spent. I was looking for a room with a jacuzzi and booked the only available suite with a jacuzzi (for a special night with someone I care deeply for) - presidential suite.
I was informed over the phone of the price - which I had been fully prepared to pay, as well as "its newly renovated so you will love it". When I arrived at the hotel, everyone was very friendly as usual and the check-in was great, when I reached the room, I was not surprised when I opened the door to find it was definitely not a renovated room, which was not a deal breaker for me. As my night went on I found that the fireplace did not work, which I was disappointed about. Much later in the night, I discovered that the jets in the jacuzzi as well did not work, which put a damper on my evening, especially as the jacuzzi was what I was paying for.
I had come down with the intention of having a very relaxing night and morning, sleeping in and enjoying the comfortable bed. I was aware of the construction going on and there was a sign posted in the elevator that stated "construction will be going on from 10am until 7pm", which I was fine with. However before 9am Saturday morning, construction and noises were already going on, which was directly under my room.
Until this weekend, I had very much enjoyed this hotel, but now I believe my loyalty has been compromised. The older style room was fine, however I feel my money would have been better spent else where for this particular occasion, because of the amenities in the room not up to standard or working as well as the construction noise earlier than expected.
I believe I will only stay at this hotel now as a back up plan as I was unfortunately disappointed with my stay.
June 12, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Murray Calgary West Four Points
The hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was extremely comfortable, very quiet and, with the benefit of free parking, the value cannot be beat.
June 8, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Peltier Horrible Experience
From the time we checked in is when the problems started. We were part of a group booking and I did all the organizing a head of time for that, I would say all the pre-check in experience with the staff was great, with the exception that at no point did management, sales stafff or any employees advise us that the hotel was under renovations.
We had several issues with the hotel:
1) When we checked in three other people from our group who were on same plane as us, were advised there room was already checked in which was impossible,
2) When we got to room it was late so tried to get pull out ready for kids to go to bed, well unforunately they had no pillows and no blankets to sleep on, just a sheet.
3) Went to use lamp on the desk, and the phone and neither were plugged in and working, we pulled out the furniture to plug them in, lamp worked but still could not get phone to work.
4) other people in our group had no tv in the living room area of the suites, we did however only one remote torun each othe them.
5) Toilet leaked really badly, we called maintenance whenwe checked in, they came to fix it within about half an hour, however next day it was still leaking again, had ot get maintenance back
6) We asked to for a fridge and microwave in our room I also called several days before hand and they stated all rooms have fridges and microwaves, however when we got to room, we had no microwave, maintanance delivered next morning very early.
7) We also had money go missing from out room, which we are not sure if it was maitenance, housekeeping or a non invited guest. We noteiced that several room doors were left open in the hotel while the maintenace and housekeeping staff were working in the rooms. While they were working in the room they did not keep our belongings safe and secure. The money was placed nicely inour luggage and hidden so whome ever took it would have had to violate our personal space and went through our luggage.
8) As renovations were going on which they did not advise us about, they started working on rooms very early, and woke us up.
Overall our stay was not very pleasant and I would not be going back.
June 6, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by cdnop77 One to many problems
The house keeping staff were phenomenal and were probably the highlight during our recent stay doing an outstanding job.
Our problems began on check-in with the front desk staff giving us different information than the person who booked our stay over the phone. After an intense debate/argument they did not honor the booking person but were understanding to the situation.
The biggest problem however was the restaurant/room service with multiple issues:
1. We were allowed to take our breakfast in containers the first three mornings. Then all of a sudden we werent allowed due to 'policy'. Make up your mind.. it either is or isn't.
2. As we paid cash up front for our week long stay, room service was quite rude over the phone, rudely telling us we were not allowed to order unless we prepaid first. This wouldnt have been an issue if it wasnt for the way we were told and definitely wouldnt have had a problem with this at all. However delivery is key in these messages... we aren't stupid and deserve to be treated better as guests.
On top of this the following morning, the restaurant staff were actually conversing about this in an open area free for all to hear.... which I happened to overhear as I came down stairs for breakfast and then promptly confronted them on. Funny thing was the person discussing this wasnt the one who we dealt with over the phone, was incorrect on their 'facts' and was inappropriately speaking about us as if we had done something wrong.
3. Food quality with the exception of breakfast was poor at best.
4. As the restaurant was 'closed' during our stay there was no indication there was any option to pickup our food as the menus all showed SNEAK A PEAK. Maybe we missed something in the translation or its a local thing but anyone I have talked to about this has the general understanding that this means it is something that is coming!! So now because of this misunderstanding that is apparently our fault a pizza that costs under $14 ended up costing us $23.
5. Gratuities are something that are meant to be given for a job well done, not a mandatory or demanded payment.
6. No professionalism
May 8, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Jagger Sheraton 4 Points Calgary West
Hotel was being renovated and eating facilities were impacted. So it warrants an average rating. It met my expectations but in no way was it above my expectations. But I would stay here again.
I found it annoying that the bathroom fan and light were on one switch so fan had to be on if I wanted light in bathroom on.
Room phones werent working but I had my mobile phone so it was fine.
April 29, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Canmorebuzz My favorite place to stay in Calgary
As always our stay at the Four Points Calgary West was great.
The staff greeted me with a smile and they always remember me.
The recently renovated room is really nice, comfortable with flat screen TVs and updated decor. The bathrooms are clean and functional.
April 29, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by therese Good family hotel
Nice family facility. Good sized pool, water slide and hot tub--the kids' highlight. We stayed in 2 small suites; i.e. each with two queens, bathroom, and separate sitting room with pull-out. Denny's and McDonald's very close. We didn't try the hotel restaurant, as with 8 of us (4 kids), it would have been too expensive. Didn't use the gym. Convenient location with lots of parking. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms have been remodelled and are very clean. Too dark to read--a problem doing paperwork or relaxing without the t.v. Bathroom small, very loud fan with only one switch, no towel bars so towels always on the floor, sticky bathroom door latch. If some of these issues were addressed, we would be happy to stay there again.
April 18, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Featherlite Nice Hotel That Surpassed my expectation
Staff were very accomodating with our parking as we had a 43' Diesel Motorhome to park. Great product offerings for this size hotel. Spa, Pool, Water Slide and Ricks Steakhouse! That was a surprise. Great food
April 18, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Oncebittentwiceshy Another poor experience
I relunctantly stayed here again thanks to a generous offer from Mr Jurhas after a previous poor stay. I should have known better. Hotel had booked a Firemens Hockey team during my stay and they partied until very late, smashed glasses, left a complete mess in the hallway every night. Numerous complaints from myself and from colleagues who were also staying resulted in nothing. We were more than willing to work with the hotel, but their apathetic behaviour and responses had many of our team heading to a different hotel after the first night. My company and I will never book there again. Absolutely the WORST
April 16, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Antonio 4 Points YYC West needs work!
We stayed @ this property following a delightful ski trip to Banff. The highlight was dinner in Embers Restaurant - attentive service, decent food and great specials! The hotel did not meet my expectations - broken elevator, barely adequate gym, & awful business centre. PLAT upgrade was reluctantly provided and barely adequate (NB They have lots ot Preferred Guest rooms, south facing away from highway, but none were provided!).
This property is convenient for snowboarders visiting Calgary's Olympic Park. Otherwise, I can't recommend it.
January 6, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Canmorebuzz Ninth time at this hotel this year - was a great stay
I stay at this hotel regularly and find it convenient and comfortable. It meets all of our needs including wi-fi access as a nice breakfast available A large part of hte hotel has been recently renovated and it is really nice with big flat screen tvs and a modern feel.
December 25, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by GRP1921 A Good Family Hotel
The hotel's location is very convenient for getting to the mountains fairly quickly. We booked a suite which had two beds and a pullout for our family of 6. The beds were fine but the pullout was very uncomfortable - even for a pullout. The hotel appears to be a favourite for athletic teams which means at times be prepared for a little extra noise in the hallways and a full pool. Overall though, a clean hotel with decent rates for larger families.
December 20, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by JEE2011 disapointed
-Mattress need to changed.
-Furniture probably same as the Olympics period.
-Maid threw away my receipts for my expenses account. Front desk just said "sorry" without trying to compensate my loss.
-Changed hotel for the rest of my stay.
December 12, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by Canmorebuzz Nice hotel with great access to COP
My teens and I always stay at this the 4 Points Calgary West when we have events at COP.
I really enjoy the hotel facilities. I like the excersice room, the pool, the lobby is nice and the rooms are comfortable. The newly renovated suites are really nice.
My only complaint is that I don't enjoy the check in process. I usually know what I have paid for and it seems as though they are always telling me "no your reservation does not include breakfast" when it does etc. It feels like poor service. And as a regular I don't feel recognized there.
December 10, 2011