Rated 5 out of 5 by MarcusUK A superb new hotel
Stayed 3 nights, the hotel open for about 4 months. The thought in the design shows in the retro feel and colour schemes, and space around the whole hotel. The retaining of it's locality is shown on all floors, with photographs or Bornean people over 150 years. The Eating place restaurant has superb food, meticulously presented, fresh and colourful foods, with local and international choices. Breakfast is healthy with many cooked as well as a full range of continental items. The evening international buffet offers one of the most considerable choices I have seen at a hotel, and is again meticulously presented, the best ingredients used, and fine flavours. Great value. Chefs maintain a vigilance in making sure the food is always at it's best, and show and introduce you the food.
Lots of locals employed with this new staff team, and whilst it is new for all, their enthusiasm and pride in their work is clear. They make the atmosphere friendly, warm, and welcoming, the difference that compliments a new hotel, making it work well.
The stay has been truly excellent, and in my view currently exceeds that of the groups Westin Hotels.
The whole team has already created a wonderful hotel to stay in, and enjoy the local surroundings around Sandakan.
Highly recommend it.
October 3, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by OscarBCN Good Hotel. We will
Check-in was not easy. We had some problems and it took quite long. They charge you 100 RM deposit (a lot of money) and we did not received any receipt until the next day, when we asked for it.
When checking out they will ask you for that receipt. We were lucky we asked for it.
- Good location and views. Close to restaurants and boats to islands.
- 30 RM taxi from to the airport.
- Buffet Breakfast very good
- Room very clean and comfortable
- Not enough amenities in the room
- Complimentary water for free
- Good hotel facilites. Pool too small and always full. A lot of kids.
- Staff was correct except when checking in.
January 5, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Splurgefie My Missing Sun
1. Check-in and check-out was fast and smooth.
2. Treated as an SPG Gold Preferred Guest professionally. Well done Front Office team.
3. The toothbrush was promptly delivered as requested.
1. My room was not yet ready even though I checked-in at 5.30PM
2. The room cleanliness is not up to usual standard. There's human hairs on the bathroom floor and under the toilet seat.
3. The breakfast buffet spread was half empty upon opening at 06:30AM. Poor time management.
1. Ensure guest room are ready by communication between front office and housekeeping staff when room is assigned to new guest especially if the previous occupant checked-out late.
2. Move the breakfast time to 07:00AM and ensure the buffet spread is complete and the egg station manned. My order of sunny side up was not made and the long queue put me off from re-ordering it.
November 9, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by CMTek1028 The Excellent Hotel in Sandakan
- Rooms with nice view
- Variety foods to choose from
- Convenient that link to shopping mall
- Safeguard surrounding the hotel
- Friendly front desk counter
- Located in the center on the city
November 9, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by ECS74 This hotel makes you feel at home
The hotel staffs are very attentive and makes you feel very much at home.
November 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pelaut54 Accessibility
I arrived in the evening and found the road leading to entrance of the hotel hidden/cluttered with hawkers and other road side stalls selling all sorts of stuff. We had to weave our way through at very slow speed to get to the hotel. This was the only setback.
If another route to the hotel entrance can be "constructed/found" - it would make the hotel accessible easily.
August 24, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by azman1963 Just because of your elevator...
My first visit. Rooms are tastefully decorated and clean. My only comment is that your elevators are the slowest amongst all the many hotels i have been in my 28 working years. You should do something about it. The waiting really puts me off. I'm disappointed. As for me coming back? It's a no go for me.
August 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chau123 exceptional reception counter service
the counter staff are helpful and friendly. they even helped me to untangle one of my long time favorite song which I have been looking for the past 15 years but without knowing the title of the song. I heard this song at the reception area during check in time. your staff asked me to try on the YouTube which I duly did it and found the title of this song the same evening.
beside this, there are other good services provided.
October 20, 2014