Rated 4 out of 5 by Ommm Good - but need my receipt
the hotel stay itself was fine - i stayed between 4/16 and 4/18, and I never got a receipt of my stay. I called once a couple of weeks later asking to get an email with the receipt, and it's been almost a month since my stay with no email. PLEASE send me an email with my statement for that 2 night stay ASAP.
email is firstname.lastname@example.org
May 14, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Kate1 The front desk clerks are very unhelpful and they cheat you and change your reservations for their own wishes.
I have stayed at this location many times in the past for it's convenience to the SPU campus and the downtown center. However this stay has changed my mind and I will not return. It is a clean and newer hotel, but still has many problems such as water leaks in the ceilings of the halls and primarily problems with the staff. The lack of communication with the reservation phone line and the front desk is abominable! Both try to shift blame to the other and neither are interested in helping resolve the problem or making the customer happy. They actually told me that "they did not care if I returned, there was nothing they could do to please me." Their lack of interest in securing me as a returning customer disappoints me greatly and concerns me for future customers.
April 4, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by MickyMouse no responsiveness - no status recognition - no customer focus
I am a Platinum Member since 7 years and I asked the hotel Concierge Supervisor to help me with a booking emergency, help via phone was refused and no flexibility was shown to solve my problem.
When I have reached the hotel the person I was meant to speak to was impossible to contact and problem not solved.
I wrote an email to the Hotel Director to complain about the lack of assistance and bad customer service, she read it (I have proof) and never got a reply!!
No responsiveness, no status recognition and no customer focus!! Never seen something like that in a Starwood hotel!
April 2, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Antony88 Great value, but a rare lapse in service
I am a platinum member, approximately 50 stays in Seattle the last few years at Four Points, Sheraton and Westin and Bellevue Westin.
First the good:
* Easily the best value of the three Starwood hotels near or in downtown Seattle
* Excellent quality for the Four Points brand
* convenient self parking available, usually included in rate
* Very friendly staff
* I would have easily rated this hotel a four star overall, or a five taking into account the value except for the following
* Lapse in service: Just this last stay is an example. The irony is that they upgraded me to a suite, which I appreciated. There was a modest problem with the shower, and I didn't have time before my meeting to let them fix it (i.e. re-dress, call down, wait for maintenance, time to fix, etc). So I just made do and let the front desk know on my way out the door. The clerk suggested I allow the manager to offer something for the inconvenience since she did not have authority for much. Excellent suggestion. I didn't hear anything for several days and called. Another front desk rep said the manager was not on duty (it was regular business hours), and took my contact info. Still no response or follow up of any kind. Very disappointing.
* Noise: if you are a light sleeper, be aware the property is right by a major road and local construction. Ask for a room on the quiet side of the building if you are sensitive to noise and sleeping in.
* Location: The Sheraton and Westin are ideally located in the heart of the downtown. This property is convenient to the Space Needle and Gates Fdn, but a bit out of the core. It's not a bad trade off with the easy parking.
March 21, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Antony88 Good downtown option - a few issues
Generally a good downtown option. Platinum member - Stayed at Seattle Westin, Sheraton, and Four Points easily 50 times.
- best value of the three
- property in excellent condition for Four Point brand
- includes parking that is the most convenient self parking
- very friendly staff
- Responsiveness: generally friendly and responsive, but an occasional lapse. Last visit, overall the condition is excellent, however this last time the shower wasnt working quite right. The irony is that it was a suite upgrade which I appreciated. I didn't have time (re-dress, call for maintenance, let them fix it etc) so I made do and let front desk know as I was running out the door to my meeting. Clerk suggested that the manager was the best person to follow up with any SPG points or discount as an apology (as they had more authority for more points etc). Cool. No response. I called several days later, manager out, left message. Still no response.
- noise: it's next to a busy street and construction. If you are a light sleeper, be sure to ask for quieter room.
- Average location: convenient location to Space Needle and Gates Fdn area, but otherwise a so-so location compared to other two properties (where you can walk out the front door and be at the heart of things)
March 20, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Steve83 4points Gold Standard
This hotel is what every four points should strive to be. Hotel is close to downtown and has its own covered parking garage. Check in fast and efficient. Room clean, quiet and comfortable. Interior of hotel felt fresh, clean and 1st class. Nothing looked cheap or shabby or rundown. This hotel was built right and looks nicer than a lot of regular Sheratons. Breakfast was delicious. Stay here with confidence.
February 24, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by map001 Bad stay
the room was stink of eating from 6 am to 10 pm
the bed looked like it had been used by an elephant
we had breakfast included in the rate, but it was only one possible choice. (two eggs, bacon toast)
January 19, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by DanDanDanDan Very unhappy stay, won't come back again
When I made the reservation on the phone, I was promised to get a bedroom with door separating its living room. My understanding for that is a suite. But apparently, I was wrong. I was only given a studio with a very small living area when checked in. My willing to get upgrade for paying more was refused firmly. Also, the microwave and fridge were not given unless you pay $10 per day for each of them. I later talked to four points customer service and they told me if you are not a "special" member, you don't get suite unit at all. I hope they told me that when I made the reservation on the phone.
Also, I was promised to get free parking. Later on, I checked my credit card bill, I was over-charged for the parking. Without the final receipt, I have to say that the calculation is not that straight forward. Fortunately, they agree to refund me because this free parking is clearly shown on my reservation confirmation email. So, if you choose to stay, be vigilant on your final bill.
Don't get me wrong, this hotel is in great location, which is close to Space Needle. However, with the two problems I encountered above, I wouldn't visit it again myself.
January 7, 2015