Rated 2 out of 5 by mattfromct Absolutely horrific experience at the end
I spent 1 night here just a month after the hotel opened. The front desk/entrance staff were incredibly helpful/friendly. They had fresh coffee in the lobby all day and the frontline employees were incredibly accommodating and professional. Check-in was a breeze but they didn't automatically upgrade me (even the hotel was relatively empty). After I brought this to their attention, they gave me a junior suite, which was nice. I had friends over during the afternoon and they provided their identification to the front desk, but when I checked out, I was charged an approximately $50 charge for an "overnight guest" even though they only stayed for an hour. I disputed the charge and the front desk manager berated me in front of the entire front desk staff and other gusts and was completely unprofessional. Based on this incident, I cannot give the hotel a favorable review. The facilities were great and the front line employees were great, but the experience was ruined by a front desk manager lacking customer service skills.
August 12, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by AFBOYJOE Not the best OF SPG hotels
The hotel was ok. The staff also. Good breakfest & in a good location. The only issue was the management did not go out of his way as all good SPG managers do to to the extra for Life Time Platinum members of SPG. I had asked if my check-out time could be extended a couple more hours due to my 1030 pm fly. But he refused my request & said I would have to pay an extra charge. I am in Lima often & the other 2 SPG properties take much better care of elite SPG members and go out of there way to accommodate any request.
August 17, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by UnhappyWithLima4Points This hotel needs work
We stayed here from July 22-26 and had the following issues:
1. I gave the check in agents until 2pm to find us better rooms than the 4th floor even though we arrived at 10am. They gave us rooms on 2 separate floors. My kids had to sleep on a separate floor from us.
2. Both rooms smell like mold
3. The TV in one of the rooms didn't work. Someone came to fix it
4. The lock in the safe in the same room didn't work. Someone came to fix it
5. The shower and sink in the same room didn't work well. Still broken when we checked out
6. I was woken up one morning by sounds of loud walkie talkies at 8am
7. The breakfast is not great. For example, Bread is old at times. Eggs are runny
The hotel is generally nice and the rooms look nice, but there are definitely issues that need to be sorted.
For my troubles, all I was offered was a $23 can ride to the airport. I think the least the hotel could do is give me a refund of the $40 per night they charged for my son and refund the two meals my son ordered for room service.
July 31, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by RL67 Poor service
At check-in, they forgot to return my passport which I have to remind them. Then the room key didn't work. Ordered room service but was put to a voicemail. Finally ordered room service and delivered but was asked what time I would finished eating so he could come back to collect. Told him I will leave it outside. He decided to ring my room 1 hour later. The room I was given has no workstation. I had to use the small coffee to do my work but when the food arrived, I have to move everything onto the bed. Next day I asked why there isn't a desk or workstation, in returned the reception asked me if I couldn't see it in front of my bed? I told her there isn't one. She asked if I needed a workstation and I told her I am here for business so I need to work. She then said I have to change room. I was given another room. The service at the bar was just appalling. I was the only customer, I ordered a beer and calamari. They forgot the beer and the food took more than half hour to be served. I asked it has taken so long when I am the only customer, they rushed the kitchen. Housekeeping never give complimentary bottled water when they cleaned the room. When I checked out, the reception completed the process and then continue chatting with her colleague instead of getting someone to help me to the taxi. I went to the hotel taxi, one driver was sleeping and the other was chatting. I had to go back inside if someone could help me. I am a platinum member, do you think this is the type of service that will meet even a non-member guest?
August 24, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by phyxius Worst SPG Property of 2013
I was very optimistic about my stay at the Four Points Miraflores, mainly due to the fact that it's in a great location and a rather new property, but it ended up being one of the worst SPG properties I have ever visited.
1) There is what seems like bouncers/security guards at the door that do not look or act friendly. They made me sign paperwork and charged me money to allow for a friend to visit.
2) The wireless Internet is very slow and only works sporadically.
3) The phone system did work at the hotel so staff were knocking on our door at all times to ask questions, etc... Once they kept on knocking on the door at 11:30pm in order to get us to sign an invoice.
4, 5, 6) etc... there were more issues.
Frequent requests for help in resolving our issues fell on deaf ears by staff/management.
October 3, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by bankExec35 Stayed 15 nights and highly recommend!
1. Hotel needs to empower staff to assist guests without calling the manager or reservations every time... (that's my only critique)
2. General Manager is young and outstanding. His name is Ralph, let him know if you need anything.
3. Chef Jose Luis in the restaurant should have his own TV show! The food is AMAZING. Ask for the Italian Sampler they made specially for Michael.
4. Very nice property for a four points
5. Awesome people stay in the hotel, you'll make friends here.
6. Staff in general go out of their way to help. They are BEYOND friendly. (especially hotel car drivers, bell boys (speak native english), and restaurant staff). If taking the hotel cars, get the young guy, the old guys get lost!
7. Housekeeping does a phenomenal job and finds a way to clean your room, turn your bed down, without bothering you! It's like they are ghosts (exactly like it should be). But don't smoke in the room (they will tell on you!)
Summary: Front desk can be frustrating because they have no power to resolve your requests, but if you can get over that, the overall stay is 4.5 stars!
November 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DentalMission123 This hotel was perfect for a large group
We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton with a group of 23 people as we are a volunteer dental mission group providing free dental care to an orphanage outside of LIma. The hotel was unbelievably comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and the staff were incredibly helpful. We cannot wait to go back next year!
July 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lizzie64 Excellent hotel
This hotel exceeded expectations. The staff were very friendly and helpful, with hailing taxis to being solicitous with meals. The rooms were visually attractive and very comfortable with excellent pillows and doonas. An iron and ironing board were provided and free water was supplied daily. The location was excellent.
May 1, 2014