Rated 5 out of 5 by TOMPPA Staff is top notch
Not coming to Penang in a long time I desided on Four Points as beeing Starwood Platinum.
I was pleasently surprised with the hotel; especially with the very friendly, attentive and funny staff (especially thanks to Jamillah, Sabrina, Munshid in the bar... you know why:)). I will be this year Platinum for life so I have seen a few Starwood hotels and I think that the staff in Four Points (especially the bar) is one of the best!
Otherwisw, hotel is clean, rooms are very nice (I got Platinum recognition upgrade to suite) with sea wiev. The beach is not so good for swimming but pool/pool area is nice. Bar terrace ideal for late afternoon/evening sunset and gin tonics.
Will come again for sure.
January 23, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Nel777 Pleasant Stay, Had a Blast!
Staff at check in/out (Nick) is warm and friendly; overall room was good as well although there was a particular night that could have been better (noise reduction) wedding hosted on the 6th floor which was loud and affects those staying on the 5th. Worthwhile considering a lifeguard stationed at the beach as well.
January 3, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by cps24 Service exceed expectations
Upon arrival, we were very warmly greeted by the bell boys who helped us with our luggage. Check in was brisk and efficient. Being spg plat, was allocated a suite. Although the room was spacious, the bathroom was a real squeeze. This is the only gripe . The entire team delivers an impeccable level of service. What amazes was when we ask for travel info, Mr Malkom personally delivers a well organized folio of travel brochure to our room and gave us detailed information as he is a penangnite. . When we got lost driving to a dental clinic, Mr Danesh took time off and rode on a motorbike to lead us there. The gm and the management ought to be really proud of each n every member of their staff who strive to give their absolute best .Thank you
March 12, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ron70 Newly refurbished and re-branded hotel but still lots of kinks to work out
Location is by the main road at the Tanjung Bungah resort area. About 10 minutes drive to Gurney and 15 minutes drive to Georgetown city center. Not much to do in the area around the hotel. I was assigned a room on the 4th floor facing the main road, and it was noisy. I think the glass window is NOT thick enough to block street noise. Awoke a couple of times at night due to loud motorcycle noise from the street (illegal street race?). Room decor is excellent, bed is comfy. However, my room was NOT clean. I found thrash just below the curtain (a couple of discarded sweets) and guest room wall was full of scratch. The carpet in the elevator foyer was also littered with debris when I first walk into my room for check in. Water from shower area keep overflowing onto the rest of the bathroom due to minimal incline on the shower floor. Check in and check out was rather slow. Non existent elite SPG member recognition. On the brighter side, staff was really helpful when I requested help to locate missing item in my room after check out.
October 28, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by rgzap Still in learning process
The room and hotel facilities are within the expectations of similar competitors but there seems to be lack of staff and current staff maybe still going through learning process (which is understandable as the hotel is new). The staff in general are trying their best to help.
I mentioned lack of staff because, firstly, I waited for a long 15-20min before being served for check-in. Secondly, when I tried to call room and guest services to order food, nobody picked up for 5-10min. I have to go all the way down to the restaurant to order food for room delivery!
The indoor area of the restaurant was rather smoky for the 3 nights we were there (something wrong with the exhaust?) although the guests could always eat outdoor.
The room is okay in terms of size and quality - ie. average of similar hotel brand.
SPG recognition was bad (again, could be due to inexperience). No recognition during check-in such as asking what is the guest preference for the benefits (although I also forgot about it because too tired waiting to be checked-in). Requested for the Green Choice for the next day but somehow not registered and did not get the bonus Starpoints as a result.
Overall, the service could improve and hopefully will improve.
October 21, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by tifosi New & clean but improvements needed.
Hotel was new and the room was clean. Bed was very comfy to sleep on. It has a pretty big bathroom as well. Water pressure was decent but it has no shower door. I had to put a towel to block the water from flooding the whole bathroom. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. It has a nice deck in the lobby area over looking the sea. However, it would be great if there are lights (for night stroll) & beach chairs on the beach for relaxation.
Location wise, it's fine if you have a car but if you don't, you will need a cab as it's not walking distance to any popular spots.
My biggest problem with the hotel was the parking. There are 2 on going functions during my stay at the hotel (1 wedding & 1 conference). I reached the hotel at 5pm to check in but couldn't find any empty car park. After some argument, I was let to park at some reserved parking bay meant for the wedding but I have to leave by 7pm.
Then, when I came back at night around 12am, I had the same issue of no empty car park available. I had no choice but to double park another car.
November 27, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by 871010 Nice but still a lot have to improve
This is my first time staying at Four Points Penang after its opening on October.
1. The lobby is always blow by a breezy wind.
2. Beautiful and sandy beach.
3. Clean and tidy room.
4. Good location (reachable by public transport from Penang jetty, and it is quite near to Batu Feringgi and Gurney Drive if you have own transport.)
5. Simple and nice lobby.
6. FREE and STRONG internet connection (I still can connect to the wifi even i'm at the human-made island which is quite far away from the hotel).
7. Very nice room decoration.
8. Extremely nice and comfort beds.
1. The housekeepers is much more friendly than the front office staff (at least the housekeepers greet me every time I encounter with them)
2. The car park lot is really a big trouble for this hotel, serves only not more than 50 parking lot for total 220 guest rooms.
3. Although the window is double-glazed, the noisy from roadside still can be heard.
4. Another problem for car driver is the hotel is just by the roadside and traffic light, it is very difficult to exit from the hotel if there is a traffic jam.
5. The room is quite small especially the bathroom.
6. The glass to seperate the shower area in the bathroom is quite useless.
7. UNCONTROLLABLE air-cond controller.
8. The passenger lifts are small that can only fit maximum 7 persons.
1. Solve the car park issue as soon as possible.
2. Change the glass in the bathroom with other thing which can really avoid water splash out. (for example curtain or build a door to separate it completely)
3. Add more channels to the tv listing.
November 27, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by NidthiaC RECYCLED / LEFT OVER FOOD for BREAKFAST!
Hotel service is rubbish - not what you would expect from a big-chain hotel.
1) Slow and delayed check-in... arrived at 3.45pm and fully settled in room at approximately 7.00pm!
2) Park at your own risk! - not enough parking at hotel, guests asked to park across the street on the roadside of housing estate . Especially dangerous at night!
3) Valet service for parking with reported incidence of joy-riding in your car!
4) Hotel restaurant serves RECYCLED / LEFT-OVER food in the most unsafe way.
January 3, 2014