Rated 2 out of 5 by CM73 Nice Reno but Poor Service
In the reservation comments I asked for a early check-in, I arrived at 11 and did a pre-check in. I would not expect my room to be ready at 11am so that's fine. I came back at 2pm and room was not ready. For 1 hour I sat in the lobby and watch as many people checked in and got their rooms. At 3pm my room wasn't ready until I asked to speak to the manager and instantly a room was ready for me.
A early check-in request at time of making the reservation, early pre check in, and being a SPG member apparently means nothing to this hotel.
I would think common sense and good customer service would have made someone at this hotel think to get a room available for the customer but apparently not.
August 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1Gerry This hotel, Very Clean with friendly Staff.
First off I must comment on how clean everything was, it was exceptional. I have stayed in a few of your neighbouring hotels /Motels., they can't hold a candle to yours!
The next thing I must comment on is your staff, I found each and everyone seem to go above and beyond, from just a simple hello with a smile. To going out of their way to help with even the smallest of things. I quite honestly couldn't find any staff who ignored me or just didn't talk. I have stayed in hotels were you couldn.t get the time of day from a staff member unless it was their job.
Thank you all so much.
Gerry & Cynthia
September 8, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by BTBJ The first time in my life that tha SPG hotel is so bad
It is the worst hotel that I stayed, the front desk is not friendly, and sort of staff as long time to pick up the call by customer service, one time I asked for a bottle opener and the customer service whether I can go down to pick it up. If you choose the green package (no need for cleaning at that day), they will rebate back $5 for reward, but I called customer service for 2 bottles of water, the manager bring the water with a bill of $8 and charge me back, they said no need for cleaning then means no water as well. So funny hotel management. Ha Ha.
September 4, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Disappointed09062014 Good... but could have been better...
The stay was good but I have a few comments about the service,
1) for the upgraded rooms.. especially the hot tub suites I think bathrobes should be provided... would be an excellent finishing touch.
2) I am disappointed with the fact that for one we were promised a free upgrade for our wedding suite and we were still charged the regular room rate.. in addition it was our wedding night and and we provided the hotel with roughly 15 rooms of revenue and there was no wine or chocolates etc in the room, having worked in the industry previously I thought this was not handled well. (and will be remembered)
3) when our friend accidentally booked prepaid for an extra night without our group rate no accommodation was offered/provided (example free breakfast) in addition the manager that I left a message for to discuss it never returned my call.
4) lastly in the room several times throughout the evening the air conditioner made a loud knocking noise.
5) One final comment... we got in late... we were exhausted and the room given to us was right beside the elevator... we heard guests as early as 5:30am.
The the hotel facilities are contemporary and stunning, however the management didn't provide the personal touch to make us feel special... it felt like we were simply just another guest.
September 8, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by 2014eieio Positive experience
The hotel staff at the front desk, restaurant, bar, and cleaning are very friendly and helpful.
September 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by AM014 Baseball Tournament
Loved the new renovations. Service was superior as always. Like the new green initiative to forego maid service for $5.00 coupon - great idea.
September 2, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Mikey18 New Staff Blues
As a platinum guest prior I would always get the best room in the house if available. I had to use suite upgrades to get in tower this time. Lots of rooms available. in tower?? Go figure. The hotel has spent a lot of money to be able to charge more for the rooms. Owner wants to pay for them now. Am considering moving to another hotel when in London. Just so people know I have stayed at this Hotel a minimum of 12-14 nights per year for the last 10years.
If I stay it is only because people like Terry that make an effort to keep my business.. Not some of the people that are higher up in the food chain.. I am hoping the service gets better and I will consider staying again.
August 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Doctor70 Great Hotel;Great Location
I have stayed at this hotel in London on
many occasions- it is unbeatable for cleanliness, friendliness , value and service. It is ideal for business or pleasure.
The dining room and lounge are both excellent. I look forward to future stays.
August 16, 2014