Rated 3 out of 5 by Cassiopea This hotel has potential
This hotel has potential to be much better than it is. The service was good. It has the nice Westin Sheets and comforter. The room does not have enough outlets. There is no air conditioning which is ok when it is not too hot. But the bathroom is very tiny and stuffy. The mattress needed to be replace and there was not much of a mattress pad. The Mattress also had stains. The decor was probably cute and kitchy at one time but it is now worn out. The deck off our room needed to be painted and sealed. We only had one chair on our balcony. The room next door had 3. Very noisy on the weekends if your room is by the pool or elevator. Also the food service trucks came early every morning and left their trucks running outside on the road near our balcony. I am sure in the winter you can not hear these noises because your window is closed? Maybe I am being picky? My honest review.
August 9, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Penelope70 Oh What a night!
Not sure which was worse, the creaky horror flick style elevators or the rooms with out a thermostat.
Or it could be that no one is available at the front desk after seven and you will speak to someone located at another property if you need anything.
This was reminiscent of a college weekend in the Poconos where I stayed in a hotel that everyone could afford and no one slept there.
August 6, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by TravelGirl1010 Wildwood Snowmass - Neglected Property
• Care of the property is poor. The lock on the door to our on room fell apart. Not feel real confident of the up keep or the security of the rooms at that point.
• It was clearly evident that the bathroom floor was not mopped.
• I have stayed at several other Westin properties and opted into the green program to not change linens daily. However, Wildwood was the first where the staff did not bother to collect trash daily. So in order to have trash removed from the room we had to request linen changes which seems to be a waste.
• The staff was polite and friendly but the competency level of the staff was low. On multiple occasions, we had to request the same things multiple times that should have been simple requests.
• When I set my reservation I attempted to extend it for an additional day but could not do it online which means I had to call in to do so. When I arrived, there were no notes on either reservation indicating this to be case as the person I originally spoke with on June 3, 2014.
• Upon arrival, the representative that checked me in stated that they could tie the reservations and there would be no issues, however, I attempted to get into my room the evening of 7/7/2014 and could not because the key cards had been set to expire.
• It was 4 requests for laundry detergent before we actually received any.
• The room was stocked with coffee and cups, but instead of the cleaning staff replacing only the items that had been used, they added more of what was not used and neglected to replace what was used including cups to drink the coffee.
• On June 25, 2014, I emailed a member of the staff to coordinate transportation to (7/2/2014) and from (7/8/2014) the airport. Upon arrival, there was no one there and on my check out day I spoke with 3 different people about transportation and they were still late picking us up to go to the airport.
• Elevator on the property was often broken. Further, it is a 4-story property but the elevator only goes to the 3rd floor.
• Upon check out, we asked if it was possible to split the payment on 2 credit cards. The Westin representative indicated that it would be no problem. We asked that half of the bill be charged to the American Express card used to reserve the room and half on another card. Email receipts were to be sent to both cardholders. Only one receipt has been sent for the additional card. The receipt for the charges that were supposed to be applied to my American Express has not been received.
• I have called the hotel again and they indicated that it would be sent. At this point, still no receipt received. I am not confident that this was handled properly and cannot seem to get to the correct staff member for assistance. I would like to receive a receipt of charges for my stay from 7/2 – 7/8 as soon as possible via email so that I can confirm that I have not been wrongly charges for extra fees since I cannot be confident that errors did not occur.
July 8, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Meandyou123 Resort Fee?
What hotel charges for wifi? Very poor signage to find the hotel. Staff not available at check out in the morning....that is poor customer service. Hot tub not very clean. Overall run down condition!
August 5, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jacamo Aircondition
I realize that its cool during the summer in Snowmass but I could have used a fan. If it would have been a little warmer I wouldn't have been comfortable. Otherwise for the price that we paid for the room I was very satisfied
August 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MommaM Wonderful staff, great location!
Upon check in warmly greeted by staff at reception. Very helpful, quick & efficient
Throughout the stay any staff encountered was pleasant and helpful.
Room was impeccably clean, great location and wonderful views!
August 4, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by LaloGoalie29 HEATING PROBLEMS
We stayed at this hotel during Christmas week (2013) and in a nutshell I'd stay here again, HOWEVER, they seriously need to do something about the heaters in the rooms. We arrived around 10 pm on Sunday after a very long 36 hour drive from Texas, due to snow storms in Amarillo, Vail, and on Hwy 82 all the way to Snowmass Village; needless to say we were exhausted. So our room was 49 degrees and the heater didn't start. My 8 year old's lips were blue from the cold and freezing to death when after 10 mins. the maintenance man, who was very courteous came in and offered to bring a portable heater, and that's when I completely lost it, called the front desk and threatened to call my credit card company to have the pre-paid (full# charges reversed. After being asked by the front desk man to "calm down" I just hung up the phone and wrapped my child in every blanket I found in the room, when finally the maintenance man came back and immediately transferred us to another room where the heater was working just fine, but the phone was dead, so again the maintenance man replaced it right away. After that we had no issues at all. We refused housekeeping so I can't tell you anything about that. The rooms are old and somewhat renovated, but they are clean and have plenty of storage. The location is fantastic and the cost is affordable compared to other hotels in the area. Their continental breakfast was really good #my children liked it better than the buffet at the expensive & understaffed Westin#. We only ate dinner once at the Wildwood and that was the night we arrived, so I won't comment on that due to the condition in which we arrived as mentioned earlier, but there are plenty of wonderful places where you can have a quick bite or a nice dinner. The atmosphere is very casual and appropriate for families. There is only one elevator which goes up to the 2nd #or 3rd# floor and since it has no heat/ac, it feels like you're in a freezer. The best access to the 3rd floor is from the parking lot, which is only a few yards away from the hotel building. There is a $32 charge for parking # for the length of your stay, not daily#. The staff, mainly made up of interns from the Philippines, is very polite. Prior to our arrival we read reviews about this hotel and called in advance to address the heater and hot water issues and were reassured there would not be any problems. Well, they lied. I do recommend though, if you can afford $360 a night, you're better off lodging somewhere else. If not, just be open minded, address the issues immediately and make sure they get resolved. For us, so long we had a place to rest our heads every night with a working heater, we were ok, so we never let those issues ruin our vacation. The village itself is like Winter Wonderland.
December 30, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by patrick4 Hotel environment was awful and waste of money
The place was an absolute let down. The staff spoke little to no english and was unhelpful on giving us guidance on activities and restaurants. It was a warm weekend so we had to have the windows open which isn't bad but everyone was partying all night that we couldn't sleep until after 3am. Also we had on both nights we stayed random people pounding on our door and waking us up just about every hour from 11pm -3am which woke up our 15 month old daughter and she sleeps through just about everything. There is a reason it is the cheapest around because you won't sleep and everyone else stays there as well to party. I realize some of these items are not in the hotels control. But either way our experience was awful and I will be sure not to go back to this place ever again if I want to sleep. I would have been less miserable just camping and saving myself $350 over the weekend.
July 29, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Traveler2220 OLD!!
This hotel is old and in need of updates. The improvements they have made (new comforters, etc.) are like putting lipstick on a pig. They bathrooms are HORRIBLE! The walls are so thin I could hear the upstairs neighbor's conversation as well as the guy next door snoring! This hotel is cheap for a reason and don't believe it is worth it.
July 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by fred2222 Exactly what i wanted at a great price.
I would enjoy staying here again.
July 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mary2704 This hotel was perfect for our vacation!
We were attending a State Harley Davidson Rally and it was our first time in Snowmass CO. We thoroughly enjoyed our first time experience in Snowmass Village and your facility.
July 11, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Caroline1915 Dissapointed
We had to call for coffee and cups two days in a row. Although when we called we did get service quickly. Both Friday and Saturday our keys stopped working and had to be replaced. And no they were not near our phones. Saturday our room was not even cleaned.
June 30, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Scubagurl Underwhelmed
Where oh where were the ice makers and fan for the room so you didn't overheat? Why was the bed a mush pit? Were the bathroom vanities only for little people?
This property needs to be torn down or upgraded.
July 1, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by myroni no air conditioner
asked for shampo 3 times and did not get any
June 30, 2014