Le Méridien Angkor is ideally located within minutes of the magnificent temples of Angkor, especially convenient for sunrise or sunset tours of the ancient monuments. Siem Reap International Airport is just 14 kilometers away. The sights and scenes of downtown Siem Reap and the countryside beyond are easily accessible.
Explore the most famous of all the temples on the Angkor plain, Angkor Wat. The nearby temple complex covers 81 hectares. Its distinctive five towers symbolize Meru's five peaks, the enclosed wall represents the mountains at the edge of the world, and the surrounding moat symbolizes the ocean beyond sunset from Phnom Bakheng, one of two hills dominating the plain of Angkor.
Ta Prohm is another beautiful temple in the area. Ta Prohm has been left relatively untouched since it was discovered and retains much of its mystery.
The enchanting temple of the Banteay Srei is a favorite sight. The special charm of this temple lies in its compact size, remarkable state of preservation, and the magnificent decorative carvings.
Banteay Samre is one of the most complete complexes at Angkor due to the "anastylosis" restoration method being used. No inscriptions have been found at this temple, but the style of most of the architecture is of the classic art of the middle period, similar to Angkor Wat. A unique feature is an interior moat, which when filled with water must have given an ethereal atmosphere to the temple.
To experience the skills of the local Cambodia artists, visit Les Artisans d'Angkor – Chantiers Ecoles where you will find local stone carvings, prints, and handmade silks.
Golfers will enjoy Cambodia’s first PGA standard championship golf course “Angkor Golf Course”. Designed by Nick Faldo and boasting a lengthy 7,230-yards and a 72 par. It’s located in the heart of Siem Reap and just 15 minutes away from Le Meridien Angkor.
View Local Area Map
- Co-Ex Conference and Exhibition Centre 1.5 km/0.9 miles
- Angkor Wat Temple 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Bakheng Temple 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- Bayon Temple 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- Banteay Kdei Temple 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Takeo Temple 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Mebon Temple Are 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- Roluos Group (Bakong Temple) 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- Pre Rup Temple 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- Ta Prohm Temple 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- Preah Khan Temple 18.0 km/11.2 miles
- Banteay Samre Temple 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Banteay Srey Temple (Lady Temple) 34.0 km/21.1 miles
- Tourism Office 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- OMC Company, LTD 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Camintel 1.5 km/0.9 miles
- Cambodia Asia Bank (CAB) 1.5 km/0.9 miles
- Acleda Bank 1.5 km/0.9 miles
- ANZ Royal Bank 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Angkor Golf Resort 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- The Angkor Golf Resort 22.0 km/13.7 miles
- Helicopter Cambodia 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Artisans D’Angkor 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Cambodian Cultural Village 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Angkor Thom City 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- Tonle Sap Lake 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Floating Community 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Sras Srang (Royal Bathing Pool) 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Silk Farm 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- River of 1,000 Lingas 45.0 km/28.0 miles
- Koulen Mountain (Natural Water Fall and Big Reclining Buddha) 55.0 km/34.2 miles
- Hot Air Balloon 70.0 km/43.5 miles
- Old French Quarter 2.5 km/1.5 miles
- Kanta Bopha Auditorium 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Angkor Shopping Center 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Phsar Kandal (Central Market) 0.2 km/0.1 miles
- Night Market 0.3 km/0.2 miles
- ACC- Asia Craft Centre 0.6 km/0.4 miles
- Phsar Chas (Old Market) 2.5 km/1.5 miles
- Phsar Leu 4.0 km/2.5 miles