Le Méridien Angkor
Powered by Foursquare
Le Méridien Angkor is located in the heart of the former capital of the Khmer empire. As one of the most significant archaeological sites in Southeast Asia, Angkor encompasses the remains of numerous temples and structures, giving today’s visitors an extraordinary glimpse into the daily life of this ancient civilisation.
The most renowned temple on the Angkor plain—Angkor Wat—is a must-see. The massive temple complex is rife with imagery, sculpture, and art. Its distinctive towers symbolise Meru’s five peaks; the surrounding wall represents the mountains at the edge of the world; and the moat symbolises the ocean beyond sunset from Phnom Bakheng—one of two hills dominating the plain of Angkor.
Left relatively untouched since its discovery in the late 19th century, the temple of Ta Prohm is also a notable attraction. The intertwining of nature and architecture gives the temple its uniquely mysterious appeal. The temple of the Banteay Srei is another favourite—especially charming due to its compact size, remarkable state of preservation, and magnificent decorative carvings.
Siem Reap boasts many attractions and offers additional insights into Cambodian culture. Vibrant Pub Street is the perfect place to go for a night out, while day and night markets offer local fare. Exquisite Khmer artisanal skills thrive at Les Artisans d’Angkor, a workshop and gallery dedicated to preserving the traditions of stone carving, prints, and handmade silks.
For nature lovers, a swim in the waterfalls of Phnom Kulen and sunset over the floating villages on Tonle Sap Lake are unforgettable experiences. Golf enthusiasts will enjoy Angkor Golf Course, Cambodia’s first PGA-standard championship golf course. Designed by Nick Faldo, the 7,230-yard, 72-par course is just 15 minutes by car from the resort.
View Local Area Map
Local Area Recommendations Powered By Foursquare
Angkor Archaelogical Park-
Popular with SPG members2.
Angkor Archaelogical Park-
Popular with SPG members3.
Hard Rock Cafe Angkor-
The Blue Pumpkin-
Khmer Kitchen Restautant-
Angkor Wat Temple (អង្គរវត្ត)-
Arts & Culture
- Kanta Bopha Auditorium 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Co-Ex Conference and Exhibition Centre 1.5 km/0.9 miles
- Angkor Wat Temple 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Bakheng Temple 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- Bayon Temple 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- Banteay Kdei Temple 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Takeo Temple 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Mebon Temple Area 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- Roluos Group (Bakong Temple) 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- Pre Rup Temple 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- Ta Prohm Temple 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- Preah Khan Temple 18.0 km/11.2 miles
- Banteay Samre Temple 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Banteay Srey Temple (Lady Temple) 34.0 km/21.1 miles
- Tourism Office 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- OMC Company, LTD 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Camintel 1.5 km/0.9 miles
- Cambodia Asia Bank (CAB) 1.5 km/0.9 miles
- Acleda Bank 1.5 km/0.9 miles
- ANZ Royal Bank 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Angkor Golf Resort 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- The Angkor Golf Resort 22.0 km/13.7 miles
- Helicopter Cambodia 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Artisans D’Angkor 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Cambodian Cultural Village 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Angkor Thom City 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- Tonle Sap Lake 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Floating Community 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Sras Srang (Royal Bathing Pool) 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Silk Farm 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- River of 1,000 Lingas 45.0 km/28.0 miles
- Koulen Mountain (Natural Water Fall and Big Reclining Buddha) 55.0 km/34.2 miles
- Hot Air Balloon 70.0 km/43.5 miles
- Old French Quarter 2.5 km/1.5 miles
- Angkor Shopping Center 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Phsar Kandal (Central Market) 0.2 km/0.1 miles
- Night Market 0.3 km/0.2 miles
- ACC- Asia Craft Centre 0.6 km/0.4 miles
- Phsar Chas (Old Market) 2.5 km/1.5 miles
- Phsar Leu 4.0 km/2.5 miles