Le Méridien Grand Hotel Nuremberg
Powered by Foursquare
Nuremberg, Bavaria's second largest city, is charming and businesslike. It is famous for its inventions (the pocket watch and the German railway), its gingerbread, bratwurst (local sausage) and toys and wooden artefacts; indeed, Nuremberg hosts the largest toy fair in the world.
The ancient walls around the old city shelter medieval craftsmen's and tradesmen's houses, small private breweries and the Imperial Castle, which has an art shelter located in the rocks underneath. The Germanisches National Museum has a display of art and culture from the German-speaking world, dating back to 30,000 BC. Other museums include the Natural History Museum of Nuremberg, the Toy Museum and the Nuremberg Traffic Museum.
Visitors can get a glimpse of a historic, prestigious house at the Fembohaus or Tucherschloss, or take a visit to Albrecht Durer's residence, all of which are within a short walk from the hotel, as are the casino, various parks, and well-known shopping streets.
View Local Area Map
Local Area Recommendations Powered By Foursquare
Hans im Glück-
Popular with SPG members2.
Arts & Culture
- Oper (Opera House) 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Toy Museum 0.4 km/0.3 miles
- Cinecitta (Multiplex Cinema) 0.5 km/0.3 miles
- Albrecht Deurer Haus 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Dokumentationszentrum Reichsparteitagsgelände 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Novartis 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Diehl 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Lucent Technologies 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Prinovis 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Kennametal 12.0 km/7.5 miles
- Adidas 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Golfclub AM Reichswald E.V. 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- USAG Ansbach Military Base 61.0 km/37.9 miles
- Imperial Castle of Nuremberg 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Old Town Historic Area 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Tiergarten Zoo 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Galeria Kaufhof 0.4 km/0.3 miles
- Karstadt 0.5 km/0.3 miles
- City Point 0.5 km/0.3 miles
- Nuremberg Christkindlesmarket 0.6 km/0.4 miles
- Woehrl 1.0 km/0.6 miles