Le Méridien Chiang Mai is located in downtown Chiang Mai’s commercial district on Chang Klan Road, and is surrounded by alluring eateries, traditional Thai entertainment, peaceful temples, and intriguing historical attractions. Notable bargains can be found nearby at the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, while a range of nature-based activities are available in the mountains just outside the city’s walls.
Poised in the city centre within close proximity to the business district and the heart of the retail area, Le Méridien Chiang Mai reflects the community’s fusion of 700-year-old cultural heritage with modern living, surrounded by expressive forested mountains.
Ancient chedis and centuries-old temples punctuate the nearby streets that bristle with boutiques filled with exquisite local handicrafts, restaurants serving regional cuisine, and architecture reflecting Chiang Mai’s Lanna Kingdom roots. A short stroll from the hotel lands guests at the colourful Chiang Mai Night Bazaar and a slightly longer walk, at the relaxing Mae Ping River.
A natural panorama unfolds just outside of Chiang Mai, inviting visitors to trek along rivers to waterfalls, ride elephants along forest trails, visit hidden hill tribe communities and journey up Thailand’s highest peak, Doi Inthanon. Guests can tour ancient mountain temples, escape to the Phu Phing Palace gardens, or explore the Chiang Mai Night Safari.
Le Méridien Chiang Mai is seven kilometres from the Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX) and just minutes from the city's main railway station as well as the bus terminal (the Chiang Mai Arcade).
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Phuping Palace 26.0 km/16.2 miles
- Siam Commercial Bank 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Thanachart Bank 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Chian Mai Lam-Phun Golf Club 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Green Valley Country Club 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Chiang Mai Highlands Golf and Spa 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- French Embassy 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Consulate of China 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Consulate of the United States 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Consulate of Japan 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Australian Consulate 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Silk Village 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- Ceramic Factories 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Orchid and Butterfly Farms 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Doi Suthep 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Elephant Camp 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Doi Pui 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Mae Klang Waterfall 50.0 km/31.1 miles
- Chiang Dao Shrine Cave 78.0 km/48.5 miles
- Borsang Village 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Mae Sa Valley 35.0 km/21.8 miles
- Chiang Mai Zoo 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Night Safari 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Doi Intanon National Park 100.0 km/62.1 miles
- Chiang Mai Night Bazaar 1.0 km/0.6 miles