Le Méridien Xiamen is situated above Xiamen Bay, just fifteen minutes from the Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport and ten minutes to many multi-national companies located in the Haichang, Huli and Torch special economic zones.
Xiamen, recently voted China's cleanest city, faces the Taiwan Strait along the southeast coast of China. Its rich cultural heritage and fascinating history is evident throughout the city, with its abundance of cultural sites and must-see attractions. Nanputuo Temple, built in Tang Dynasty and one of China's oldest temples, is a 30-minute drive away.
Also known as "Piano Island", the car-free island of Gulangyu is accessible via an eight-minute ferry ride which departs every 15 minutes. Once a base for the foreign community, it is now a tourist destination and boasts graceful Victorian edifices, traditional colonial villas and myriad gardens. A piano museum houses dozens of unique instruments, while the Gulangyu Piano Biennial Festival in August involves a series of recitals and concertos by pianists from around the world.
Sunlight Rock is Xiamen's highest point and offers fine views, sometimes all the way to the Taiwanese island of Jinmen. The rock path features inscriptions from famous poets dating up to 400 years ago, and the peak houses an impressive aviary with a range of local and international birds.
Shuzhuang Garden was once a private garden that was donated to the city and opened to the public in 1955. It is divided into two parts—the Garden of Hiding the Sea and the Garden of Making-Up Hills—and consists of a beautiful combination of pavilions, bridges, hills, and unexpected sea views. There is a network of small, a bamboo garden, and navigable stretches of rock extending off-shore.
Hulishan Fort, which is located on Island-Ring Road, is a 30-minute drive away. The remains of this coastal fort include the 60-ton, 13-meter-long Huli Cannon—the last of its kind in China—dating back to 1891 during the Qing Dynasty defenses.
Nestled on the slope of Xianyue Hill, Le Méridien Xiamen commands breathtaking views of the bay. Guests will find a world of both nature and culture at their fingertips, within Xiamen and the surrounding area. Xianyue Park, located immediately adjacent to the hotel, invites walking, hiking or cycling. Other popular activities include seeing the local villas and temples; sampling vegetarian restaurants; or exploring the region's lush fruit orchards.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Dazzling Bright Rock 5.7 km/3.5 miles
- Gulangyu Piano Museum 5.8 km/3.6 miles
- Xiamen Zhongshan Hospital 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Xiamen University of Technology 8.3 km/5.2 miles
- Xiamen University 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- Nanputuo Temple 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- Xiamen International Convention Center 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- Lenovo 0.3 km/0.2 miles
- Dell Asia Pacific 2.5 km/1.5 miles
- ABB 3.1 km/1.9 miles
- Philips 3.3 km/2.0 miles
- Honeywell 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- General Electric 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Coca Cola 6.4 km/4.0 miles
- Goodrich 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Boeing 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Hamilton Sundstrand 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Republic of Singapore Consulate General 4.7 km/2.9 miles
- Consulate General of the Phillipines 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Royal Thai Embassy 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- Zhongshan Road Commercial District 6.9 km/4.3 miles
- Hulishan Fort 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- Gulangyu Island 5.7 km/3.5 miles
- Xianyue Park 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Fulong Sports Center 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Wanshi Botanical Garden 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- SM Shopping Center 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Coffee Street 3.4 km/2.1 miles
- Xiamen Shi Mao Shopping Area 4.1 km/2.5 miles
- Xiamen Railway Station 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport 8.0 km/5.0 miles