Le Méridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa
Powered by Foursquare
Meaning “God of Great Power” in Sanskrit, small and picturesque Mahabaleshwar is a hill station situated in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Surrounded by rare evergreen forests in the Western Ghats is an atmosphere of unhurried relaxation at Le Méridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa. We are located near the city centre on Satara Road. The journey time to Pune International Airport (PNQ) is about 90 minutes by car.
Dating back to 1215, Mahabaleshwar has a rich cultural heritage and is an important pilgrimage site for Hindus. Hire an autorickshaw and visit one the nearby temples, including the iconic Mahabaleshwar Temple. Inspirational historical landmark sites can be found at Mount Malcolm, the Mahabaleshwar Club, and Moraji Castle. Glimpse at the pride of the Maratha Empire at Pratapgad Fort. Built in 1656, it is just 24 kilometres outside of town. Or capture the marvelous views at Wilson Point, Arthur’s Seat, Baghdad Point, or Bombay Point.
Explore the limitless natural scenery. Trek through mountains and witness the many unusual species of birds and animals that dwell in the forests, or go horseback riding. Embrace your senses at the impressive Lingmala Falls, Chinaman’s Falls, or Dhobi Falls. Surrounded by trees, Vena Lake is also popular. Visitors can take a boat ride, fish, go horseback riding, and enjoy local cuisine and games in the entertainment area.
Gourmands will delight in the local gastronomy, including chikki, a traditional Indian sweet made with jaggery and nuts. The region is also highly regarded for its fruit products, strawberries, mulberries, honey, and jams. During strawberry or mulberry season, you can visit one of the local farms and pick them in the fields. For those interested in the art of making honey, stop by the educational beekeeping centre. The lovely handcrafted leather footwear found here is also worth discovering.
View Local Area Map
Local Area Recommendations Powered By Foursquare
Arts & Culture
- Pratapgad Fort 21.0 km/13.1 miles
- Panch Ganga Temple 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- Wilson Point 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Chinaman Waterfall 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- The Club 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Lingmala Waterfall 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Dhobi Waterfall 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Mumbai Point 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Venna Lake 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Lodwick Point 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Connaught Peak 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- Elphinstone Point 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Mapro Garden 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Afzal Khan's Tomb 22.0 km/13.7 miles
- Pune, India 120.0 km/74.6 miles
- Mumbai, India 261.0 km/162.2 miles
- Local Market 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Pune International Airport 129.0 km/80.2 miles
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Mumbai 268.0 km/166.5 miles