Le Méridien Yixing
Overlooking Dongjiu Lake, our stylish hotel is located in Dongjiu New City—the heart of Yixing’s central business district. Conveniently situated for business travellers, most corporate offices are mere steps away from the hotel. As an integral part of the impressive Wanda complex, luxurious shops, high-end apartment residences, and a lively restaurant and bar scene surround the hotel.
Yixing is renowned across China as the home of the traditional “zisha” teapots—made from the local purple clay. History buffs can explore this fascinating tradition at the expansive Yixing Ceramics Museum. Its most famous piece on display—the Hei Yi Hui Wen Ping—is considered a national relic. To fully appreciate the revered tea tradition, we recommend guests try the province’s famed Biluochan tea or unique green Yangxian tea. Also of historical significance, the Palace of Prince Fu of Taiping Heavenly Kingdom showcases 12 elaborate frescoes, a classical gate, and magnificent stone lions.
The surrounding area is rich with many natural attractions. In addition to the bucolic canals, lakes, mountains, and rivers, the famed Shanjuan, Zhanggong, and Linggu Caves are worth discovery. Explore the magical calligraphy, stalactites, stone pillars, and rock formations on a boat ride through Shanjuan Cave. After, a cable car ride offers sweeping views of the surrounding Buddhist temples and historic village. Venture into the depths of of Zhanggong Cave for a firsthand glimpse at the impressive stone pillars, stone sheets, and stone flowers, and explore all four sections of massive limestone formations at Linggu Cave. The beauty of Yixing’s Bamboo Forest Park is also not to be missed.
For international gourmets, a visit to Yixing’s markets and restaurants offers ample opportunity to try the local produce, including fish, shrimp, river crabs, chestnuts, locally-farmed lily—dubbed “the ginseng of Taihu Lake”—and the popular bamboo shoots used to prepare Huiyang dishes.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Zisha Museum 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Yixing Pottery Museum 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- Longchi Mountain 35.0 km/21.8 miles
- Yixing Industrial Park of Environment Protection Science & Technology 9.5 km/5.9 miles
- Zhanggong Cave 22.0 km/13.7 miles
- Shanjuan Cave 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Bamboo Ocean 31.0 km/19.3 miles
- Old Downtown Yixing 3.5 km/2.2 miles
- Sports Center Yixing 3.4 km/2.1 miles
- Gym Yixing 4.7 km/2.9 miles
- Longbei Mountain Forest Park 5.6 km/3.5 miles
- Lake Tuan Wetlands Park 6.2 km/3.8 miles
- Xinchao Shopping Mall Yixing 2.8 km/1.7 miles
- RT-Mart North City 3.5 km/2.2 miles
- Huadi Yixing 3.9 km/2.4 miles
- Jixinglong 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Quanye Plaza 4.1 km/2.5 miles
- Walking Street Jiaoqiao River 4.4 km/2.7 miles
- Zhangyong Sports Shopping Center 4.4 km/2.7 miles
- RT-Mart South City 4.6 km/2.9 miles
- Sunan Shopping Mall 4.7 km/2.9 miles
- Yixing High Speed Railway Station 7.6 km/4.7 miles
- Wuxi Shuofang International Airport 60.0 km/37.3 miles