Rated 4 out of 5 by Jerryt My stay at the hotel
- Staff was very helpfull and friendly.
-Happy with the size of the room
- Food was also good
- Very impressed by the kiddies club,swimming pools and the beaches.
- Furniture of the room is a bit old.
- Drinks are very expensives.
- A very nice hotel will definately book again there when we come to Maritius.
April 14, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Phil8887 Great staff. Wonderful hotel
This is fourth stay at this hotel and we love it. Although not as fancy as some of the other hotels where we have stayed in Mauritius, we always come back to Le Meridien. Delicious food and variety in the restaurants. Plenty of activities for adults and kids. Wonderfully relaxing pool. But the stand out feature for us is the Le Meridien staff, who cannot do enough for you or be more helpful. Particular praise to Nadia on reception who was always charming and extremely helpful. Also Nicholas in the 180 whose service was exemplary and always with a smile. Keep it up. We will be back.
April 12, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by gholamali staff
Your staff in hotel were very good and very friendly & helpful. MS.Vidya & Munorah were very
excellent and kindly.
Our family have lot of travel. we would like use from another LE MERIDIEN hotel in another countries.
April 7, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sav60 Excellent if you want to relax
The Meridien is perfectly located at the north west of the island.
The beach is just few yards away from the rooms.
Swimming pools are good.
They offer a lot of activities for free (e.g. water-ski )
April 5, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Cristina12 Very bad organitation.
Not recognition of spg member, not upgrade and even ,I was not in spg preferred guest rooms .
I have been in this hotel some years ago and food was not so bad as now: Bad quality and not great choice. Even one night, they served me a fish in very bad condition ( even smelling ). I´m allergic to garlic and, of course , I ve told it. Well , I didn´feel very well the first days : the fourth day , the second cooker of Faya´s restaurant told me one of the meals I was eating had garlic : an they told me it has not!!! That happens the first days
No drink water in room . No newspaper.
I spent 9 days trying to arrange the bill of my first stay. The answer every day : don´t worry ; and they didn´t arrange it : I did it when I was back at home : so , I lost a lot of time every day.
Before arriving , I asked for early check-in : of course I ´ve been waiting till 2 :00 p.m. for the room and without any answer. No early check-in.
These hotel could be good for tour operators , but private clients will find a service for " sheeps ". I cannot imagine the future of this hotel in one year.Forget spg members.
One good thing : I got late check-out
Some employers , in Faya restaurant , were kind and good
Spa : I receive a purifying and nettoyant facial treatement : it was not " vapeur machine " !!! they use a hot towel over the face
And many , many more things.
January 18, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by riaad Good food
pleasant personal at reception(compliments to Nitisha)
Food was excellent
Bar personal was at your service(Thanks to Rakesh and Kusheena)
January 6, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gueststar101 Great hotel - service can be disappointing
The hotel is an hour away from the airport so consider that if your flights are delayed. I was upgraded to a suite in the main hotel after booking an all inclusive package at the Nirvana garden wing. Suite was fabulous but service was lacking despite daily complaints. If your room lacks an Ipod docking station - dream on about getting one no matter how many times you ask - the same goes for the daily fruit bowl that's meant to be replenished. Dont order the juices as they are reconstituted from a syrup except when you are in the restaurants. The rooms are always well cleaned, the hotel has lots of amenities and a great location but beware of the infestation of flies at the Cumin and Shell restaurants for lunch and dinner - no fans in the heat or fly catchers! No English newspapers available if you'd like to read one.
December 7, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Stiv1234 Will not return
• ARRIVAL WAS FINE,
• ON BOOKING IN WE MENTIONED THAT WE THERE FOR THE 3RD TIME HERE AND WERE CELEBRATING OUR 5TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. WE WERE THEN PROMISED A CAKE AT DINNER TO CELEBRATE - NEVER HAPPENED.
• ROOM WAS AVERAGE FOR A 4 STAR - NO CHANGES IN 5 YEARS.
• TOILETS SEATS ARE SCREWED IN SCEW.
• CURTAINS ARE WRONG LENGTH AND INCORRECTLY HUNG.
• PILLOW CASES WERE TOO BIG FOR PILLOWS - GIVEN CONTINENTALS FOR STANDARD PILLOWS.
• NO DECORATIVE LINEN ONLY PLAIN WHITE DUVET - SUPPOSE EASIER FOR THEM - NO DECORATIVE PILLOWS ON COUCHES OR BEDS - OVERVIEW A BED AT HOME.
• FOOD WAS MUCH BETTER - MUCH TASTIER.
• SERVICE BELOW AVERAGE WAITERS ARE UNFRIENDLY & IMPERSONAL.
• SEEMS TO BE STAFF SHORTAGES - WAITERS HAD OVER 10 TABLES EACH TO WATCH. SERVICE WAS VERY SLOW.
• MORE THAN OFTEN WE SAT OURSELVES, NO ASSISTANCE TO FIND A TABLE.
• WAITERS DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE US ARRIVING AND SOMETIMES WE WOULD BE IN OUR SECOND COURSE BEFORE WE WERE OFFERED A DRINK.
• IF WE DID GET A DRINK ON ARRIVAL WE WOULD ONLY GET THE DRINK BY THE TIME WE WERE ON MAINS.
• MORE THAN OFTEN PLATES WERE NOT CLEARED UNTIL SECOND AND MOST TIMES EVEN 3RD COURSE, WE WOULD HAVE THE PLATES PILED ON THE TABLE.
• AT BREAKFAST YOU COULD REQUEST ORANGE JUICE WITH YOUR COFFEE, IF YOU COULD GET THE WAITER TO REMEMBER YOU, ON OCCASION I HAD TO ASK 4 TIMES 2 DIFFERENT WAITERS.
• CUTLERY IS NOT REPLACED AFTER A COURSE, EVERY SINGLE TIME WE HAD TO GO SOURCE KNIVES AND FORKS.
• WE WERE OFFERED PUREE FOR THE BABY AS AN EXTRA BONUS WHEN WE ARRIVED THAT THEY WOULD SUPPLY TO OUR ROOM IF WE LIKED WHICH WE TOOK UP.
• THIS PUREE WAS NEVER ON TIME 30 - 45 MINS LATE OR DIDN'T COME AT ALL, EVEN BROUGHT TO MANAGERS ATTENTION, WHICH HE FIXED FOR ONE DAY AND THEN RESULTED BACK TO THEIR NORMAL ROUTINE OF NO DELIVERY. ON OUR FINAL DAY THEY DIDNT EVEN BRING IT.
• WE COMPLAINED SEVERAL TIMES TO NO AVAIL. ONLY OFFERED A LUNCH BECAUSE WE WERE NOW LEAVING - DISGUSTED AND COMPLETELY UNRELIABLE.
• BEACHES WERE CLEANED VERY MINIMALLY WITH MOST OF THE STAFF RESTING ON THE LOUNGES ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION OR CHATTING TO EACH OTHER WHEN WE WERE WALKING PAST.
• BEACH WAS LEFT A MESS WITH FOOD AND DRINKS STILL LEFT ON THE LOUNGER TABLES AT 7H30 AM EVERY DAY.
• DEMARCATED SWIMMING AREA - ONLY FOR THE FAINT HEARTED, THERE WAS SO MUCH BROKEN CORAL YOU COULDNT ENTER UNLESS YOU HAD RUBBER SHOES.
• SKING RAN FOR 3 -4 HOURS EVERY DAY WITH THE LE VICTORIA RUNNING THEIR SKING BOAT IN OUR MAIN SWIMMING AREA - CREATING WAVES AND VERY UNPLEASANT TO SIT AND STARE AT 2 BOATS OUT RUNNING EACH OTHER.
• NO DAILY RUN DOWN OF EVENTS IN ROOM, LIKE SUGAR BEACH A DAILY SCHEDULE OF WHATS HAPPENING AND WHAT DINNERS WERE AVAILABLE. HERE ITS DIY - AT THE RESTAURANT BOARD.
• BEACH SERVICE - HAS BUZZERS ON UMBRELLAS TO CALL FOR SERVICE - DON'T WORK
• BEACH BAR NOT EVEN OPEN BY 10H30 AM. 3 WAITERS FOR WHOLE BEACH.
• POOL AVERAGE. BELOW LEVEL MOST OF THE TIME, GRATING IN BABY POOL FOR SUCTION BROKEN, SUCKED MY LEG SO HARD WHEN I SAT DOWN LEFT A BLACK MANS PINCH.
• BATHROOM TOWELS DISGUSTING QUALITY VERY HARD AND VERY THIN AND VERY WORN.
• NO FACECLOTHS PROVIDED.
• DUSTBINS IN ROOM WERE OLD PAINT TINS I THINK THAT WERE BENT AND HAD BEEN PAINTED. SHOCKING
• NO AMBIANCE LIKE OTHER HOTELS NO FLOWERS IN ROOM OR ON PILLOW CASES.
• NO POOL TABLE LIKE BEFORE, SO NO SHADED ENTERTAINMENT OPTIONS INDOORS WE COULD FIND.
• BEACHOUSE IN SHOCKING STATE - NO MAINTENANCE CUPBOARDS FALLING DOWN.
• GARDENS AVERAGE CONDITION.
• ONCE WE WERE LEAVING WE CALLED A PORTER TO COLLECT OUR BAGS 30 MINS LATER NO ACTION.
• WE PHONED RECEPTION - “ HE IS ON HIS WAY”
• I WALKED TO RECEPTION THERE WAS NO ONE ON THE WAY EVENTUALLY WE CARRIED OUR OWN BAGS TO RECEPTION.
• 1 PERSON TO BOOK OUT - HOTEL WAS VERY FULL AND OUR DEPARTURE WAS IN THE AFTERNOON - NORMAL WORKING HOURS - 30 MINS TO WAIT IN QUE TO CHECK OUT.
• WE DID GO TO OUR MEETING WITH OUR TRANSFER LADY NATASHA AS REQUESTED. DURING THE WEEK.
• ONLY TO OUR DISMAY WE SPENT 15 MINS PHONING AROUND AS OUR TRANSFER NEVER ARRIVED ON TIME, NATASHA DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON, HOTEL NOT INTERESTED, SO YOU HAVE TO STAND OUTSIDE AND CHECK WITH ALL BUSES COMING IN IF YOU ARE ON THEIR BUS.
• 30 MINS LATER OUR DRIVER ARRIVES, ONLY TO TELL US THEY HAD GIVEN HIM THE WRONG TIME.
December 4, 2014