Rated 5 out of 5 by Ipocampus The Best To Mauritius
I work in Dubai for 14 years and always stay in 5 star hotels. Mauritius I stayed for about a month and ten days of these were spent with my wife and other friends to the Meridien. The hotel has no equal on the whole territory. The staff is very polite, efficient and very friendly, especially Mr. Ahmad Khodabocus, who speaks perfect Italian and also, due to a sudden failure of the ADSL line of our rooms, we replaced the rooms immediately, with others most beautiful. There are many restaurants, but the self service is not up to the others, which are excellent in every sense. The sea is beautiful, so the layout of the rooms, of approx. 50 mq, practically on the beach. Cleaning exemplary. THE price is advantageous. If it solves the problem of the meals in the buffet, the Hotel is considered perfect. Surely I will return soon to work for myself for a whole month.
Thanks for the hospitality.
December 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gueststar101 Great hotel - service can be disappointing
The hotel is an hour away from the airport so consider that if your flights are delayed. I was upgraded to a suite in the main hotel after booking an all inclusive package at the Nirvana garden wing. Suite was fabulous but service was lacking despite daily complaints. If your room lacks an Ipod docking station - dream on about getting one no matter how many times you ask - the same goes for the daily fruit bowl that's meant to be replenished. Dont order the juices as they are reconstituted from a syrup except when you are in the restaurants. The rooms are always well cleaned, the hotel has lots of amenities and a great location but beware of the infestation of flies at the Cumin and Shell restaurants for lunch and dinner - no fans in the heat or fly catchers! No English newspapers available if you'd like to read one.
December 7, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Stiv1234 Will not return
• ARRIVAL WAS FINE,
• ON BOOKING IN WE MENTIONED THAT WE THERE FOR THE 3RD TIME HERE AND WERE CELEBRATING OUR 5TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. WE WERE THEN PROMISED A CAKE AT DINNER TO CELEBRATE - NEVER HAPPENED.
• ROOM WAS AVERAGE FOR A 4 STAR - NO CHANGES IN 5 YEARS.
• TOILETS SEATS ARE SCREWED IN SCEW.
• CURTAINS ARE WRONG LENGTH AND INCORRECTLY HUNG.
• PILLOW CASES WERE TOO BIG FOR PILLOWS - GIVEN CONTINENTALS FOR STANDARD PILLOWS.
• NO DECORATIVE LINEN ONLY PLAIN WHITE DUVET - SUPPOSE EASIER FOR THEM - NO DECORATIVE PILLOWS ON COUCHES OR BEDS - OVERVIEW A BED AT HOME.
• FOOD WAS MUCH BETTER - MUCH TASTIER.
• SERVICE BELOW AVERAGE WAITERS ARE UNFRIENDLY & IMPERSONAL.
• SEEMS TO BE STAFF SHORTAGES - WAITERS HAD OVER 10 TABLES EACH TO WATCH. SERVICE WAS VERY SLOW.
• MORE THAN OFTEN WE SAT OURSELVES, NO ASSISTANCE TO FIND A TABLE.
• WAITERS DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE US ARRIVING AND SOMETIMES WE WOULD BE IN OUR SECOND COURSE BEFORE WE WERE OFFERED A DRINK.
• IF WE DID GET A DRINK ON ARRIVAL WE WOULD ONLY GET THE DRINK BY THE TIME WE WERE ON MAINS.
• MORE THAN OFTEN PLATES WERE NOT CLEARED UNTIL SECOND AND MOST TIMES EVEN 3RD COURSE, WE WOULD HAVE THE PLATES PILED ON THE TABLE.
• AT BREAKFAST YOU COULD REQUEST ORANGE JUICE WITH YOUR COFFEE, IF YOU COULD GET THE WAITER TO REMEMBER YOU, ON OCCASION I HAD TO ASK 4 TIMES 2 DIFFERENT WAITERS.
• CUTLERY IS NOT REPLACED AFTER A COURSE, EVERY SINGLE TIME WE HAD TO GO SOURCE KNIVES AND FORKS.
• WE WERE OFFERED PUREE FOR THE BABY AS AN EXTRA BONUS WHEN WE ARRIVED THAT THEY WOULD SUPPLY TO OUR ROOM IF WE LIKED WHICH WE TOOK UP.
• THIS PUREE WAS NEVER ON TIME 30 - 45 MINS LATE OR DIDN'T COME AT ALL, EVEN BROUGHT TO MANAGERS ATTENTION, WHICH HE FIXED FOR ONE DAY AND THEN RESULTED BACK TO THEIR NORMAL ROUTINE OF NO DELIVERY. ON OUR FINAL DAY THEY DIDNT EVEN BRING IT.
• WE COMPLAINED SEVERAL TIMES TO NO AVAIL. ONLY OFFERED A LUNCH BECAUSE WE WERE NOW LEAVING - DISGUSTED AND COMPLETELY UNRELIABLE.
• BEACHES WERE CLEANED VERY MINIMALLY WITH MOST OF THE STAFF RESTING ON THE LOUNGES ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION OR CHATTING TO EACH OTHER WHEN WE WERE WALKING PAST.
• BEACH WAS LEFT A MESS WITH FOOD AND DRINKS STILL LEFT ON THE LOUNGER TABLES AT 7H30 AM EVERY DAY.
• DEMARCATED SWIMMING AREA - ONLY FOR THE FAINT HEARTED, THERE WAS SO MUCH BROKEN CORAL YOU COULDNT ENTER UNLESS YOU HAD RUBBER SHOES.
• SKING RAN FOR 3 -4 HOURS EVERY DAY WITH THE LE VICTORIA RUNNING THEIR SKING BOAT IN OUR MAIN SWIMMING AREA - CREATING WAVES AND VERY UNPLEASANT TO SIT AND STARE AT 2 BOATS OUT RUNNING EACH OTHER.
• NO DAILY RUN DOWN OF EVENTS IN ROOM, LIKE SUGAR BEACH A DAILY SCHEDULE OF WHATS HAPPENING AND WHAT DINNERS WERE AVAILABLE. HERE ITS DIY - AT THE RESTAURANT BOARD.
• BEACH SERVICE - HAS BUZZERS ON UMBRELLAS TO CALL FOR SERVICE - DON'T WORK
• BEACH BAR NOT EVEN OPEN BY 10H30 AM. 3 WAITERS FOR WHOLE BEACH.
• POOL AVERAGE. BELOW LEVEL MOST OF THE TIME, GRATING IN BABY POOL FOR SUCTION BROKEN, SUCKED MY LEG SO HARD WHEN I SAT DOWN LEFT A BLACK MANS PINCH.
• BATHROOM TOWELS DISGUSTING QUALITY VERY HARD AND VERY THIN AND VERY WORN.
• NO FACECLOTHS PROVIDED.
• DUSTBINS IN ROOM WERE OLD PAINT TINS I THINK THAT WERE BENT AND HAD BEEN PAINTED. SHOCKING
• NO AMBIANCE LIKE OTHER HOTELS NO FLOWERS IN ROOM OR ON PILLOW CASES.
• NO POOL TABLE LIKE BEFORE, SO NO SHADED ENTERTAINMENT OPTIONS INDOORS WE COULD FIND.
• BEACHOUSE IN SHOCKING STATE - NO MAINTENANCE CUPBOARDS FALLING DOWN.
• GARDENS AVERAGE CONDITION.
• ONCE WE WERE LEAVING WE CALLED A PORTER TO COLLECT OUR BAGS 30 MINS LATER NO ACTION.
• WE PHONED RECEPTION - “ HE IS ON HIS WAY”
• I WALKED TO RECEPTION THERE WAS NO ONE ON THE WAY EVENTUALLY WE CARRIED OUR OWN BAGS TO RECEPTION.
• 1 PERSON TO BOOK OUT - HOTEL WAS VERY FULL AND OUR DEPARTURE WAS IN THE AFTERNOON - NORMAL WORKING HOURS - 30 MINS TO WAIT IN QUE TO CHECK OUT.
• WE DID GO TO OUR MEETING WITH OUR TRANSFER LADY NATASHA AS REQUESTED. DURING THE WEEK.
• ONLY TO OUR DISMAY WE SPENT 15 MINS PHONING AROUND AS OUR TRANSFER NEVER ARRIVED ON TIME, NATASHA DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON, HOTEL NOT INTERESTED, SO YOU HAVE TO STAND OUTSIDE AND CHECK WITH ALL BUSES COMING IN IF YOU ARE ON THEIR BUS.
• 30 MINS LATER OUR DRIVER ARRIVES, ONLY TO TELL US THEY HAD GIVEN HIM THE WRONG TIME.
December 4, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Duke29 Great place to relax and unwind
My wife (6 months pregnant) and I stayed at the Nirvana wing, which was private and peaceful. We spent 5 nights at the resort.
What we liked:
1. Food was really great - at all restaurants.
2. Availability of golf carts / shuttle between main reception and Nirvana wing. Waiting is required though.
3. Vinesh (bar man) at the pool bar (Nirvana) very proactive and helpful. Great cocktails prepared skillfully and speedily.
4. Pool was warm and clean.
5. Live entertainment every night.
6. Comfy bed with great turn-downs.
What we disliked:
1. Rooms on 1st floor subjected to noise which lasted the whole night - sounded like a motor running. We were initially in room 467 but asked to be moved. It was unbearable - 1st night was sleepless.
2. The patio / balcony of the rooms need proper cleaning attention. Lots of dirt build-up (webs, insect droppings, dust) along the corners of walls and floors. Had to call housekeeping to clean the patio and room of 467 during day 1 of our stay - dirty floors.
3. The beach is not enjoyable for casual strolling or normal swimming/bathing due to vast amounts of dead coral and small rocks. Must wear shoes for swimming or snorkeling.
4. Unavailability of beach towels at Nirvana wing - clean towels not replenished often enough. We often had to wait or even use the bath towel from the room.
5. Free wi-fi needs re-activation every 2 hours.
6. Toilet cubicle too small. I am not a large person, but anyone larger than me wont fit into that cubicle. Had to leave toilet door open in order to fit.
7. Bad experience with no response to my 3 phone calls for a shuttle from Nirvana wing to reception (dinner), during my last night of stay. I called 3 times and was told the shuttle (golf cart) was on its way. After waiting for 30 minutes, my pregnant wife and I had to walk from Nirvana wing to Shells restaurant. We had to make several stops due to my wife suffering with severe pains and cramps, on account of the long walk. I was very upset on account of this, as her pregnancy is high risk, and this was stressful for us. I mentioned this to reception while checking/settling my bill that evening.
November 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by AJVL Relaxing
Just a wonderful Hotel
Friendly and professional restaurant service.
Great choice or drinks at the bar
Excellent Well Appointed Rooms with amazing large comfortable beds
Menu a little limited and should be expanded.
The hotel should remember that customers have traveled in excess of 24 hours from European Destinations to come to this hotel and as such guests arriving should be given rooms on arrival without having to wait for the 3.00pm check-in time.
October 16, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Shane13 Renovation needed
I have been to the hotel 7 years ago and this year, I find no renovation has been made. The building as well as furniture speak their ages.
Staff should to go for customer service program. (Recommended Ron Kaufmann).
December 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nanabhai Island Retreat
Hotel Facilities excellent .Great variety of food available for breakfast and dinner. Staff at all levels from reception to the restaurants were polite and we were made to feel most welcome.Special thanks to Sailesh Namah for his help in getting me treatment for my foot at the Hotels clinic - I had stepped on to a sea urchin while swimming at Ille aux Cerfs and as you can imagine it was not very pleasant trying to remove the spikes.Perhaps the hotel could warn visitors of this hazard in future.
October 8, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by alain68 this hotel is not wonderful
the room and the bathroom are very old for a hotel
starwood and the beach is not private i don't recommanded this hotel for my friends the food is very good i dont return in this hotel
November 30, 2014