Rated 5 out of 5 by Cassie13 Outstanding in every aspect
There are not enough superlatives to describe accurately this amazing Hotel. In every way it exceeds my expectations. I have stayed here on at least 6 occasions and it seems to continually excell in all areas. A particular mention of the Club Lounge (the best I have experienced by a very large margin), again I must congratulate PUN and the entire team who work so tirelessly and efficiently always gracious and smiling, attending to often, very large volumes of guests.
June 16, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Robino Comments on Facilities
I am an avid athlete and use the gym every time I come to the Plaza Athenee and I have found it to be less than ideal. There is only one real bike (I am not counting the recumbent) and it is terrible! You need a SPINNING bike or similar. Also, I asked the attendant to show me where the 'leg press' machine was and he pointed at every machine except that one. I question his knowledge--which is important to keeping the guests safely using the machines. This is a problem if he cannot identify a machine that targets the largest muscle group in the body. Also, there are THREE machines focused on abs and you don't need one-this can be done with no machine at all.
June 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by tokiogaijin Amazing staff - in all departments
now reviewing as a platinum guest -
it was actually because of my stay at this hotel a few years back that i decided to become a loyal spg member and am now platinum.
i get out of my taxi and the bell boy recognizes me and welcomes me back. as well i am given a warm welcome back by the front desk and the concierge. the fitness center is great - 3 great fitness guys are very friendly and always remember my name.
as a platinum member i can enjoy cocktail hour in the exec lounge (amazing service - never an empty glass, and amazing food prepared by a different restaurant each night) or the bar on the first floor. the f&b director often walks around greeting the guests and making sure everything is OK. he would greet me at breakfast by name and then again in the evening during cocktail hour. the bar has such a great waitress who offers amazing service and is very friendly. the exec lounge offers a very impressive mid day snack and tea service as well. and for breakfast you can choose a nice quiet limited breakfast in the exec club (sometimes having the whole place to yourself) or you can choose a huge buffet on the first floor.
overall the hotel strives to be perfect. the staff are always going out of their way to make the guest's stay amazing. if i have a little issue the exec lounge will take care of it immediately.
my only complaint is that everything is truly perfect that i do not leave the hotel and experience the sights of bangkok!!
June 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Achim007 This hotel has great features
Good location for business people, excellent service, very good food, friendly and helpfull
June 4, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by bataa Thank you for great service
The service was excellent, employyes were professional. Location was good.
June 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Julia30 Nice hotel
Nice hotel.breakfast is great,u can spend hours in there. You can find pretty girl who support u with Chinese.
May 31, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by leapie Good Hotel, Convenient Location & Great Staff
Plaza Athenee is strategically located close to malls, eateries, shops etc. The staff members especially the Royal Club team is exceptionally efficient and helpful.
May 29, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by BLee Nice hotel to stay
1) Very friendly staffs from the reception, concierge, breakfast area and gym
2) Room's bed is comfy
3) Breakfast is delicious
4) Generous complimentary waters
5) Free speedy wifi
1) I think one of the Bellboy is not very professional. His role should be a professional porter for the hotel and hotel pays him for doing his job. But once he sent the luggages to my room, he standstill for awhile to wait for a tip. If he deserves a tip by doing something extra in assisting me in whatever way, is also up to me to decide if i wish to give him a tip. But now he's merely carrying out his task and he's expecting a tip which doesn't give a good impression. Other staffs that we're engaging in the hotel is offering their help when we need some assistance on the place to visit they're willing to help with a smile which is good.
2) Room is not spacious
3) TV remote is not sensitive to turn on the TV or change the channel. But the TV is odd. Once we off it, it will automatically on again and we have to off it the 2nd time. It happens twice during our stay
4) The swimming pool area should display a clear message of "No outside food is allow" as the staff who is in charging of the swimming pool area is asking me and my colleagues to stop eating and drinking over that area. To us we're not aware that we're not suppose to do that because there's no sign saying so and to us swimming pool is a public area to chill
Overall I'm satisfied staying here.
May 27, 2013