Rated 5 out of 5 by shiframeir Great 4.5 star Family Stay in January, just wish the pool was heated
Me and my family (wife and 2 kids ages 4 and 6) really enjoyed our 3 night stay. We were very kindly upgraded to a 2 bedroom ocean view suite (as SPG Gold members) which is really the best way to stay with 2 kids in their own separate beds (no need for fights on the fold-out couch). the basic room here is a suite with a separate living room, which is still a great value for families as opposed to the many hotels with basic rooms here, but having 2brs was really great. also would note that the Hotel gave us a beautiful welcome with a wine and bottled water plus chocolates (all kosher) left on our kitchen table, which was all delicious and much appreciated!
in short, we would love to come back, and this is definitely the best eilat hotel i have stayed in, and probably the best value for a resort hotel anywhere i have stayed.
1) porch/view - view is incredible facing the red sea and jordans mountains, which almost look fake! there was a big porch with 2 chairs and a little table, plus a full size lounger to lay on. while there are some rooms with a jacuzzi on the porch, mine didn't come with one.
2) bedrooms/baths - really nice setup with a big comfy king bed in a master br with big marble private bath (great pressure and bath amenities were good) and tv in room. pillows were not great but not terrible. kids room had its own tv with two separate single beds. lighting in kids room was not great (little sconces by each bed but no single main light), and the only window in room was high up to the lobby (covered by drapes that we moved to have some light come in that way). outside of 2nd br was a nice smaller 2nd bathroom with a great rain shower and toilet etc. our room did not come with robes, but after asking they offered to provide them. Note that they have extra fluffy towels in the room, so this wasn't a real issue for me.
3) kitchen/lr - really spacious and nice main area with a table and 4 chairs, a small fridge, hot water urn/coffee tray, and then a nice sofa, chairs and big lcd tv.
4) breakfast - their israeli breakfast was probably the best israeli (or any hotel) breakfast we have had, though there was a mixup and one day we weren't on the list. fresh made to order omelettes, capuccinos, pancakes, live guitar, spaghetti and so many other items in a large buffet, really was a huge and tasty meal. would also note that their cafe above the pool was very nice with good coffee and pizza.
5) activities/resort features: in addition to a beautiful adult pool area and children's pool, the hotel provides access directly into the sea about 10 feet in (so that u need not walk through all the rocks). there is also a cute little children's playground. for those with kids, note that the Kids Club is not like in other spgs where u can just leave kids for a few hours in an official program for a fee, but generally u are meant to have one parent stay with them the whole time. on the plus, it is a nice little club with lots to do plus special activities, and it is 100% free (unless you tip the club people in order to watch your kids and give yourself some rest), i tipped at the rate of a basic babysitter and received lots of appreciation, and that allowed usto leave the kids for a bit while my wife got a nice massage and i used the jacuzzi/saunas in the spa.
Biggest issue for me was the lack of heating for the pool. though it reached about 84 degrees in January when i visited, the water was too cold for comfortable swimming with my little kids (there was noone in the pool til my last day, and then just one hardnosed older man). we tried to play for a bit, but it was just too cold for the little ones. Because of the Hotel setup of two wings with the pool in between, from about 1pm onward there was no sun on the pool, so that may have contributed a bit, but a heated pool would really make a big difference. note that there are really great lounge beds that are very comfortable (much more than basic loungers) and they have some placed further than the pool so you can get sun in the afternoon.
Boat rentals/watersports - though the concierge was very busy while i was there, i walked next door to the hotel and found a great watersports company called Kisuski that had banana boating, boat and ski rentals, kayaks etc. they were extremely nice and helpful with reasonable prices. we took a boat for a half hour for 150 shekel i think, with them letting us decide whether we would stay for longer (and being able to take the better hour price of just 240). the workers were really nice and came out to turn the boat back on twice when we accidentally turned off all power while far at sea, and even after coming late they did not charge us any extra, and even refused a tip! the place was called Kisuski or something like that and they are a great close option for fun.
6) service in general was very good, i really appreciated that the hotel treated me well as an SPG Gold member, and i really felt like the employees (such as Boris and Artur to point out two good examples) really wanted to make sure we had the amazing stay we had.
7) Location: while LM is a little off to the side from the other hotels, we loved this location. it was quiet and serene, and parking was free, and we were 5 minutes from walking the classic hotel strip with the queen of sheba etc.
While there was an occasional plain flying overhead, this happens at many of the hotels on the water, and was not as bad as some commenters have noted. it was actually kind of cool! a little stranger quirk was the Israeli navy base next door to the outer wing we were in, where they had some loud training exercises while we were there, which were also more cool than annoying or anything.
Glatt Kosher food nearby: There were several Kosher "L'Mehadrin" restaurants very close by, including a great Cafe Cafe chain restaurant in the nearby mall two doors down, and a Burgers Bar a little further past that mall.
If not for the cold pool in January, this would be an absolute five star rating.
January 31, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ILAN Again, a most excellent family vacation
This was the third time that we spent a family holiday in the Le Meridien Eilat. As before everything was just perfect and our stay was so wonderful and very enjoyable. As Platinum SPG I reserved 4 rooms and wrote to the hotel to explain my needs. Ayala, the Reception Manager, responded promptly and promised to do the best in this very busy holiday.
Upon check-in we got a VIP welcome by Boris, the Assistant Reception Manager, who was very cordial and so efficient. The same was at Check-out. I was upgraded to a Royal Suite and three very nice rooms for our children and grand-children. We got all the other benefits entitled (breakfast, business lounge, etc.). A great recognition for the Platinum elite members.
Everything was excellent: the service, food, lounge, pool, location, etc. and we had a great stay, as we expected and above it. Already, we are looking forward to our vacation next year, at same wonderful Meridien Eilat
May 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by SPGil Leisure or business!
Great location right on the beach! Extremely helpful and accommodating staff at the business lounge.Nice and big sweet rooms,excellent food and snacks,the pool with the sea view and great SPA....Probably one of the best hotels in Israel, returning to the Le Meridien Eilat would definitely be a good idea! (can’t say the same for other places I’ve stayed)
July 25, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Barca Great Location and views, some upkeep is needed and better Platinum rewards
We came in to the hotel 2nd time after spending 5 days back in October. I used SPG points to redeem for free nights. upon our arrival we were upgraded to a very nice and spacious rooms with great views overlooking red sea. some of room equipment did not work (refrigerator). no matter how many times i called, i got some bad excuses "(this is not a refrigerator"...was one of them) though in the other room the refrigerator functioned properly.
clean up of rooms (carpets, sofa's) are definitely needed.
I am a frequent traveler, and there were 2 things which bothered me most as SPG Platinum: I was told that under 18 Y/O could not enter lounge. The fact i could not be with my kids at the Lounge during our vacation is very upsetting. Hotel stuff told us this is the rule, well it is a stupid one. it is the first hotel i came across with such a restriction, and i have seen quiet a few!
Secondly, late checkout as Platinum was not allowed, though asked repeatedly. my answer was that it is a resort therefore late check out does not apply. Again, bad answer from my point of view, and again, only hotel who gave me that answer.
It looks like the Meridian Eilat has its own Platinum rules, and this should be addressed by Starwood to my opinion.
May 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by WorldTravel Home Away From Home
I stayed at this hotel recently together with my wife and also our infant(9 month old baby girl). Right from the start we were made to feel welcome. We were upgraded to a top floor suite(on the right) and were greeted by an amazing bottle of wine, spectacular view and fresh fruit. We went out in the city for dinner and returned to find new fruit in the room. The room was clean, comfortable and such an amazing view. The staff were very friendly and any issue we had was addressed right away with a smile.
April 22, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ILAN The most excellent familly resort
As a Platinum SPG I reserved 3 rooms in the hotel for a holiday family vacation (me and my wife, 2 children and 5 grandchildren).As PLATINUM SPG I wrote the hotel in advance and explained my needs. The hotel Reception Manager, phoned back to me and cordially asked for more detailed. She promised to do her atmost to fulfill my Platinum privilege. Upon check in, I got a VIP reception and was upgraded to a corner suite with a terrace Jacuzzi and two suites with sea and pool view on high floor. we also had access to the business lounge and breakfast for all. We found the rooms and hotel in best conditions and very comfort. The breakfast was excellent and so was the general service, which was also very cordial and efficient. It was a best vacation for us, with a full recognition of my Platinum elite status. Generally the hotel is centrally located in Eilat right right on the beach.
June 23, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by deerisle Great hotel in Eilat even if very crowded
I stay at this hotel for one night with my daughter. We need to cross to Jordan, and we stayed in Eilat for the night before and wanted to have a relaxing day / little break in the midst of a business trip. The hotel was perfect for our needs. The room was updated and well equipped. The beach was nice and the pool area as well. The pool/ beach area was very crowded with lots of families and lots of little kids. This didn't bother us, but the hotel would not be a good place for quite getaway.
The staff was very helpful and nice. There was some confusion about Platinum benefits but it worked out in the end. Only about half of the staff spoke English, so it would have been harder if I didn't speak Hebrew. All of the staff wanted to help, and that was the most important thing.
The business lounge was excellent but closed early in the evening. It also did not allow kids under 18 to enter.
If you are looking for a nice hotel in Eilat with lots of things to do for families, this is your place. If you're looking for a romantic getaway, be prepared to be around a lot of kids and families. If you're looking for a business hotel, the business lounge will provide a good place to work because they don't allow kids.
August 13, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by villemop Not up to standards - at all
This hotel is old and do not live up to standards for any Le Meridien hotel. Staff is not friendly (no one smiles) and the English level is very low. Gym is outsourced and is not working and staff do not care about guests. Wifi also outsourced and did not Work for 3 days. Hotel staff did not care. During my many years of staying at Le Meridiens around the World this is by par the worst. It is more like a local Holiday hotel and not an international hotel at all. We even caught a housekeeping guy using our Iphone charger in our room!!!!!! Unfortuantely we cannot recomment this hotel to anyone. We were a Family of 2 adults and 2 kids. On top of all this there were no recognition as a Platinum member at checkin.
July 30, 2013