Rated 5 out of 5 by Amratif Great hotel
i recommend this great hotel
Very good one
March 20, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hakim Best Hotel for Service in Makkah
I am writing to express my appreciation for the quality of service you offered me the days of my stay at the Hotel Le Méridien Makkah . Despite the many offers I received from other hotels, I decided for you because of the unbeatable deal you offered me.
It was a good decision; I enjoyed the peace and quiet I needed, offered in all the facilities of your hotel. This definitely added to the excellent service of the staff, Your staff is one of the most professional were very warm and welcoming.
I will definitely recommend your hotel to friends and family, and I’m sure I’ll be back on vacation. I hope to get the same quality of service when I return. Thanks again, see you soon.
June 15, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hamad Thanks
Had a great and memorable stay. Thank you Le Meridien Makkah.
July 13, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Naif One Star Hotel
I used to stay at 5 stars hotels because I travel often and comparing to other 5 stars hotels I give Le Méridien Makkah 1 star only. why? I will explain that..
1. Mazaj cafe which is the 1st thing you can see when you enter the hotel, is full of flies and the sad part is the flowers there are died and i think those flowers reflect the real meaning of how bad the service there.
2. on 11 August 2013, I went out for shopping at 9 AM and got back at 2:00 PM so my room was empty for 5 hours but nobody from the house keeping cleaned it..
3. there is no car parking, only 12 places and all of them are taken by the hotel staff!.
4. Most of the staff at Majaz cafe and Rand restaurant are Indians and they don't speak Arabic, while most of the hotel's guests are Arabs and only few of them can speak English, I wonder how they can serve the guest? using the signs language?
5. the funny part that the queen size bed which supposed to be a king size according to my reservation on starwood website .. it was acutely twin beds but they merged them to be one bed, isn't that funny?
August 22, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Dieg0 Horrendous Hotel
This hotel is in a great location, but is probably the worst managed hotel I've stayed in.
Non-smoking rooms are rare here, so you will end up in a smoking room. If you are lucky you may get hot water in the shower. The beds are damaged, and on inspection you will find they may be missing a leg or two. Room service is high-likely to mess up your order. The plugs, lights, and phone may not work in the room. Finally, if you use the laundry service, your laundry may never return for days.
If you speak to the management, you will find they are inept, and make commitments to resolve things, but never do. What ever happened to customer service?
So in summary, a hotel in a great location, spoilt by incompetent management. Seems this is a Le Meridien hotel in name only.
August 6, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anwr Continious deterioration of the hotel
I have stayed several times at this facility because this is the only SPG location to the Holy facility. Every year the hotel quality and service is going down and this year was the worse. Although the manager agreed to give me 20,000 points to compensate for a loss of power on the SPG floor but did not follow through and when I contacted him he after hearing my name hang up the phone and turned off his phone.
April 28, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Abdul Very Close to Haram, but poor management
I stayed twice at this property, it is 5 miutes away walking to Haram. which is excellent.
Rooms are nice, in room dining food is excellent.
But the breakfast is limited and they repeat it everyday. it is not very good.
When I checked in, I had to wait for couple of hours to get a room (although I arrived at the check in time). They have poor management in that sense.
March 29, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by hassan hotel with out room service
to reach hotel you have to walk on the hill ,the room serive is the worse if have ever stayed in spg hotels i have stayed at hotel 2 time because my 1st vist was good at this hotel altough rooms are well maintained but the room service is very poor i went to room service manager but that was also use less
October 26, 2011