Rated 4 out of 5 by LuckyCouple Le Meridien Bora Bora Bungalow Better Than Expected
The resort looks exactly like the pictures are presented on the website. It was a beautiful property and to me, the overwater bungalows looked better than any other bungalows on the island based on pictures from others and personal visits to other neighboring properties where I had meal reservations. The breakfast was the best with a variety that meets all taste buds. All other meals, including bar, were below standard; no true seafood variety and even the American dishes were below standard (i.e., cheeseburger). It would have been nice to have a complimentary shuttle that goes to and from Main Island OR the ability to go and come during set times if there is a charge but instead, the property dictated when you go and come (i.e., 11-2; 6-9pm). Because food and relaxation are the most activities most guests participate in, the food should be excellent, especially for the cost. Public bathrooms on the property (men and women) had urine smell each day but bungalow was extremely clean daily (MUCH BETTER THAN EXPECTED).
July 21, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by angtoo good but i was expecting great
room was nice but the air conditioning didnt work too well. the room seemed humid and not as cold as i would've liked it to be.
the food was just ok. again, for the price, not worth it.. but i was warned that the food in bora bora is not great anyway. also, not that much variety for the lunch menu.
Overall, a beautiful place, staff very friendly and eager to help. Love that there is a lagoon with lots of fish that you can snorkel in. And the turtle sanctuary was a fun and educational experience.
July 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by RichardW Amazing experience!
The resort and staff contributed to one of our best vacations! The property and views were unbelievable.
July 15, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by VY2323 Beautiful Rooms, Awful Service and Food
My wife and I stayed at the Le Meridian this past January for our honeymoon. I am a Platinum member who travels quite a bit and I have found this hotel to carry two extremes: Absolutely amazing property but terrible service.
- The property is located in a prime area of Bora Bora with a wonderful view of the mountain on the mainland. The facilities are great, especially the private lagoon where you can swim with several species of fish. The hotel also provides complimentary rental of basic water equipment such as snorkels, kayaks and bodyboards.
- The rooms were incredible, the vast majority of them being overwater bungalows with a glass floor overlooking somewhere between 3 to 20 feet deep water (depending on how far out your room is).
- They also have a nice turtle farm on the property which was entertaining to visit.
For one of the most beautiful properties I have ever stayed at, it was a shame that the food and service fell short in every possible way. Specifically:
1) While breakfast was fine, both lunch and dinner were inconsistent in their quality. What made it worse was the service - for example, one night for dinner my wife was brought a dish where they completely screwed up the ingredients from what was on the menu. When we complained, the waiter admitted they knew about the mistake and that the chef had made that same mistake in all of those dishes that evening. My big question: if they knew about the mistake, why did they even serve it in the first place! The quality of the food was a consistent compliant by all the guests we met and was actually a common point of bonding. We ended up taking several excursions to restaurants on the mainland each night.
2) For a category 7 hotel, it feel quite the opposite with regards to the service. The staff overall displayed an attitude that they simply did not care. For example, the fitness center was out of cups to drink water from. When I went to the front desk, the person told me to go buy water from the bar. Are you serious? As another example, my wife and I needed something printed. It took them 3 days to do so with each day having me go down to check the status. Each time I asked why it wasn't printed they would tell me "We forgot".
3) The staff treat the hotel as their own vacation playground. Everyday we would see the staff relaxing by the pool with their kids swimming in it. While I personally do not care about this, the poor service we received made this scene of relaxation by them all the more infuriating.
4) No recognition or special treatment given that it was our honeymoon. Given the level of service, we were not surprised by this. Though it would have been nice if they had done something special.
5) The management did not seem to care. As an example, I emailed the general manager a couple of times about our stay afterwards and did not receive a response until 2 months later.
It is a shame the service and food made this stay not as memorable as it could have been, especially with such a nice property. This hotel needs a change of management to get its act together.
March 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Maverick11 Absolute Paradise
This is our second trip to Le Meridien, Bora Bora. Our first visit was on our Honeymoon back in 2007 when my wife and I absolutely fell in love with Bora Bora and all the luxury Le Meridien had to offer us. That said, we were back earlier this month to celebrate our 5th anniversary in Bora Bora and Le Meridien was our obvious choice.
The location of this resort is by far the best with pristine beaches and lagoons with stunning view of the Mt. Otemanu on the main island.
The staff were very courteous and friendly. To my surprise, some of the older staff even recognized me from our previous visit. We stayed in the premium OWB on both the visits and the rooms were amazing with the huge glass bottom floors and spectacular views from our balcony.
Without a doubt, I'd recommed this place for anyone who wants to get the best out of Bora Bora.
My wife and I have decided to make Bora Bora our tradition to visit every 5yrs on our for our anniversary and Le Meridien is the only place we are going to stay.
December 31, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by elmundo Bora bora
The hotel is brilliant however I would suggest to improve the pool bar and include some service on the beach. Additionally some of the staff was rude specially local people. The rest was great. An amazing hotel and place to go. The best hotel I have been as it is located in a unique place.
June 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Casteve A real jewel
Bora Bora was on my bucket list. I was very pleased with this facility. The pics are accurate as to the beauty of the bungalows and private beach area. The staff was very friendly, used your name, got a welcome gift as a gold member and the concierge team was excellent. The breakfast buffet was outstanding and I have read reveiws about food and found the food was quite good, pricey (but similar to other bora bora pricing). The snorkeling was good, but limited area to view coral/fish. The beach hut had free towels, snorkel gear, paddleboards, free canoe rides and more. The rooms were very clean and accurate to what the online pictures showed. Beautiful. I would happily go back to this resort and recommend it.
May 21, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by WorldTravelledFamily 3 Star Hotel Masked as a 5 Star
The Le Merdien Bora Bora was a disappointment for our family, especially in the dining experience, where they need a complete overhaul. I cannot comprehend how they are a 5 star hotel which offer:
1. No Salt and Pepper shakers...In fact they offer a shared plate of s&p at breakfast for everyone to pinch out of...
2. Most things in the buffet are cold and eggs cooked to order are cooked black..,not because they are burnt but because of the iron transfer from the pans.
3. They executive chef decided to leave in the middle of our dinner at 9 pm and we did not receive what we ordered. Instead of Crispy Chow Mein we received spaghetti with boiled vegetables.
4. Paper napkins for lunch and breakfast service.
5. For the same cost of dinner and soft drinks for 4 at this hotel, we at at the hotel next door in truly 5 star luxury with a drink, Apetizer, main course and desert....and we even got cold towels, Warm bread, S&P shakers and excellent service!!!
Beach staff is excellent, travel desk is good, bar menu is weak and overpriced. The game room keeps kids occupied when they are not in the water. Turtle center is free for guests, nice benefit, but beware the rooms..,they have termites. Even the luxury 2 bed room suite.
My recommendation - pick the St Regis or the Thalasso instead, you'll be happier.
January 15, 2014