Rated 5 out of 5 by Marmarhany2007 Memorable Anniversary
Upon arrival we were welcome very professional, we were escoreted to reception then offered welcome drink, we meet with Mr. Mahmoud Saled who explained us all hotel facilities as well show us and explained us about unlock Art Program then fully explanation about meals and services as well he provide us with member ship in spg club we can say that the services and experience was provided by reception and the manger from check-in until check-out was great and exceed our expectation.
September 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by TuStYGurL One of the best
Awesome location, nice rooms, great food, amazing pools
September 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Grabbers Designer Getaway
Get luxurious accommodations. Very high quality fixtures and design was accented to perfection.
Views are remarkable.
Beach and bar is very ice to hang at sunset.
Mountains are magnificent.
Good base to explore the region.
August 15, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Nomad20142014 Nomad
I recently stayed at the Le Meridien Dahab and was blown away by the level of service I received and the personal touch that each member of the staff was able to deliver. From the day I arrived until the day I left each member of the staff addressed me by my last name and was very accommodating. I'll be returning soon enough.
August 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Maansie Mrs De Waal
Overall very good experience with a lot of activities available. Most enjoyable stay with friendly and helpful staff. Awesome sunset scenery over the sea. Excellent snorkelling and diving opportunities with beautiful marine life. Luxurious accommodation, very neat and comfortable.
July 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by LynnD1 Beach Holiday
The view from the hotel is fantastic.
The location is trapped between the mountains and the sea and is fabulous. The hotel is locatedvout of the town but it is an easy 15 minute taxi ride away. It is a quiet and secure. Hotel water sport facilities are excellent.
July 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MJB44 Lovely resort
This resort is beautiful. It was a great place for a relaxing holiday and the staff were great. Everyone was helpful and we never felt anything was too much trouble. A really good place for kids or for couples or families as it is so big there is lots of space. beach was good and you could snorkel nearby on a lovely coral reef. Good place all in all.
June 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MikeTheOlm Excellent
The best Hotel in Dahab with excellent Service. There is nothing to complain about. Simply excellent!
May 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ISawy Le Méridien Dahab Resort
This hotel has great features
May 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Franca Really our second home!
LeMeridien Dahab is really our second home! It is 3 days now since we left and we miss it very much. It is not only the beautiful resort and atmosphere, the fantastic suite, but especially the marvellous staff. We were treated like VIPS as well as friends, we felt rather spoiled. We hope to be able to come back soon. Thanks to everyone who made our stay unforgettable.
I wish that the world will realize that Dahab is completely safe despite the uncertain situation in Egypt, so there will come more guests to meet the hospitality of LeMeridien Dahab.
May 12, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lulush quiet lovely place
The hotel is far enough from downtown & windsurf stations. You can enjoy retirement and staing in comfort, sea and wind, nice view, swimming pools and small SPA-center.
April 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by TekDiver Relaxing holiday!
Great hotel, lovely grounds, pools etc. Food better than expected. We will be back.
April 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ggturey From Russia
It was very relaxing rest. We planned to have active vacation with a lot of sport such tennis, swimming, snorkeling. And we've found all these facilities in the hotel. The Red sea and its corals were very impressive. Furthermore it was the hotel with a few guests so there was very quite and placatory place.
All the staff was very polite. It was nicely to communicate with all of them.
The hotel made a great impression upon us in general. When we go to Egypt next time we'll stay in the hotel again.
April 14, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Mikhail2014 Le Meridien experience
Very rough service. Stuff blocked our room keys because of our child put spot on the towel. I could not imagin this situation!
February 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sasa73 Very nice view
Le Meridien Dahab has a very nice view & lots of facilities. I loved the beach & the view from our room. I will definately come back again
February 16, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jay2000 Well Done
We were very pleased with a family trip to Le Meridien. The rooms, grounds, pools, beach area, etc. were all well designed. The breakfast buffet was a treat, delicious pastries and baked breads. Sabor at the omelet station should be mentioned as well as Amir at the pool/beach area, Anaoub for room service delivery, and Mahmoud from guest relations. Our daughter became sick and Mahmoud did an excellent job of organizing a physician at the hotel for assessment and then transfer to and from a hospital for treatment.
January 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by nlf55 Peaceful.........
Very quiet due to current climate - but everything was operating to the same high standard. No hassle, no rush and exceptional service. Second stay here and would not hesitate to return. Only downside was the diving centre was not on site any more.
November 23, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Franca Still our second home
We were happy to be back (since August this year). Sad to see that there were to less guests, due to -in my opinion- unjust advices from foreign governments like the Dutch. It was good that there was a new watersport centre, hopefully next time the SPA also will be ready. people should not be afraid to go to the South Sinai.Thereby Dahab is the best village in Egypt to be as scuba diver, with nice semi hippie restaurants. Also the scenery of Le Meridien Dahab is beautiful with the Sinai mountains. The weather is always good, the sun always shines. It is really our second home.
November 19, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by gooogooo This is a very nice 1 but needs a lot of Marketing and Service / linguistics development & control
Everything is just perfect except the following:
1. Service, specially pool service.
2. Linguistics of the employees must change.
3. Room service need to be a little bit of control.
4. Not much varieties of food.
October 22, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by sally44 Glorious Location
Mediocre hotel. Sloppy management.
October 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by cri77 This hotel is very goog
Good hotel, Gold club mistral and beach service
September 18, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by DGPa Staff attitudes and facilities
Exemplary throughout. What friendly and attentive staff! Made to feel very welcome and cared for. Great hotel and comprehensive facilities with varied pools, bar areas and direct reef access.
September 1, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Rlawlor49 Not 5 Star
***** Staff require training at all levels ****
1 .All staff require training to smile
2. If you ask for any service the first response for all staff is without exception is "Room number" .... A bit like a police man saying "ID" ... Now a more acceptable request would be “Thank you (sir / madam) Could I please have your room number” …. Emphasis on the thank you and please
3. In most cases when you ask someone for service the first thing they seem to check is how do I get out of doing this
- I tried to return some wet towels at the pool in the evening. Present were 2 manager, a service waiter.. all at the entrance for the towel changing … within 30 meters two more service waiters outside the restaurant and two what looked like 3 more senior managers … All talking to each other… The service waiter next to me told me the towel return had closed 10 minutes … I asked and complained could anyone help me … no I could bring the towels to the room and back in the morning to change… In any other 5 or 4 or 3 star hotel I have been in at least one of the managers would have sorted the issue
- I requested some pouring cream at the bar in the reception about 20:00hrs … we don’t have any …. I then suggested that he might try checking the kitchen … cream arrived
- Sitting at the pool about 22:30 in the evening and went to the waiter in the restaurant and asked for two drinks … no we are closed go to the bar … could he phone and order and someone bring them to us? No I have no phone … you will have to go to the bar and bring them down ….
There were a number of other examples but in summary in our opinion there is no apparent service ethos in the hotel. There is more emphasis on rules and very little on service
4. The pile of rocks at the entrance at security where a barrier is missing is not a 5 star establishment welcoming sign
5. The urinal in the toilet at the pool was out of service and had a smell for the 5 days I was there
6. The amount of cats allowed to roam freely in the restaurant is not the best example of hygiene control
7. The food on the dinner buffet is very limited in choice when compared with other hotels in the area … more a staff canteen selection and quality than 5 star.
8. Breakfast choice is also very limited in comparison to other hotels … only two juices orange and apple.
9. The a La carte food while of acceptable quality the choice was limited. Value for money a considered issue here..
9. If an examples of excellent service, friendly and polite staff, good management, premium food and excellent value for money is needed; I genuinely suggest a visit by all of your management and staff to both Ali Baba or Shark restaurants locally both of which we found exceptional
Please not I am not trying to be denigrating; it is an excellent property but core service is not there in my opinion … all the above are facts
August 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mayke 4th time in Le Meridien Dahab!
Back in Dahab in July 2013 for 15 days. It was again a great vacation with the best staff a hotel can have. My kids played with the kids of the staffmembers and had a great time. Rooms are always clean and neat. Food is great also dinner is always nice; always different and with enough variety. Lunch at the beach is also very good. We missed Poseidon Divers and I hope they will return to the resort again.
We will be back here for the fifth time when everything will calme down in Egypt.
August 22, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Mbadr Great hotel with mentanancy problems
This hotel has great architecture, view, landscape, the pool is great with sea water and fresh water pools...
But my problem was, no safty gard available all ghe time my kids was going to die in the pool! The AC was not working all the time in the room... And the kids zone has no matterials, colors or blado for kids to play with!
Its a good hotel but they need to take more care of it and to spend more money for the facilities
August 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by RossVr Vero relaxing experience
I enjoyed my holyday in Le Meridien Dahab, nice and clean rooms, very beautiful contest, view and buildings and pools, very nice staff ready to do anything we asked them and always with a smile, good beach but online few facilities and no activities in the resort to enjoy the guests after the sunset, maybe becouse very few guests were in the resort.
I want to thanks the director of the resort for the help he gave us.
August 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 Excellent hotel
It was fantastic week I have
May 18, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dolly Spa?
Lovely setting and the hotel could not have been more beautiful. The staff was amazing. I think someone searches all of Egypt to find the most polite and handsome young men to work there. Wondering why no women were working there?? I did miss the gym, although I believe one is being built. Amazing hotel and location. The food in the restaurants was very good, just not enough choice in the evening if you don't want or like buffet.
May 15, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by stolly Beautiful setting.
Great arrival and lovely deluxe room with outdoor shower very enjoyable. Hotel and beach clean and great, but we were not told one restaurant and the gym were being refurbished. Breakfast very good, drinks good but lunch and dinner were a little poor for a 5 star.
May 7, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Elew Beautiful hotel design and setting
The layout and design of Le Meridien Dahab is very aesthetic, fitting well into its natural surrounding. Its position against the mountains of the Sinai and directly on the water is ideal. We will definitely return. The main flaws, which can easily be addressed by the management are: the restaurant staff are generally unfriendly (except the cooks!); the hotel does not provide services such as helping to arrange trips or expeditions for you - you're left to take care of that yourself; and the rooms need much better lighting. Otherwise, we had a beautiful and relaxing stay!
May 7, 2013