Rated 5 out of 5 by Franca Still our second home
We were happy to be back (since August this year). Sad to see that there were to less guests, due to -in my opinion- unjust advices from foreign governments like the Dutch. It was good that there was a new watersport centre, hopefully next time the SPA also will be ready. people should not be afraid to go to the South Sinai.Thereby Dahab is the best village in Egypt to be as scuba diver, with nice semi hippie restaurants. Also the scenery of Le Meridien Dahab is beautiful with the Sinai mountains. The weather is always good, the sun always shines. It is really our second home.
November 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by nlf55 Peaceful.........
Very quiet due to current climate - but everything was operating to the same high standard. No hassle, no rush and exceptional service. Second stay here and would not hesitate to return. Only downside was the diving centre was not on site any more.
November 23, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by gooogooo This is a very nice 1 but needs a lot of Marketing and Service / linguistics development & control
Everything is just perfect except the following:
1. Service, specially pool service.
2. Linguistics of the employees must change.
3. Room service need to be a little bit of control.
4. Not much varieties of food.
October 22, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Rlawlor49 Not 5 Star
***** Staff require training at all levels ****
1 .All staff require training to smile
2. If you ask for any service the first response for all staff is without exception is "Room number" .... A bit like a police man saying "ID" ... Now a more acceptable request would be “Thank you (sir / madam) Could I please have your room number” …. Emphasis on the thank you and please
3. In most cases when you ask someone for service the first thing they seem to check is how do I get out of doing this
- I tried to return some wet towels at the pool in the evening. Present were 2 manager, a service waiter.. all at the entrance for the towel changing … within 30 meters two more service waiters outside the restaurant and two what looked like 3 more senior managers … All talking to each other… The service waiter next to me told me the towel return had closed 10 minutes … I asked and complained could anyone help me … no I could bring the towels to the room and back in the morning to change… In any other 5 or 4 or 3 star hotel I have been in at least one of the managers would have sorted the issue
- I requested some pouring cream at the bar in the reception about 20:00hrs … we don’t have any …. I then suggested that he might try checking the kitchen … cream arrived
- Sitting at the pool about 22:30 in the evening and went to the waiter in the restaurant and asked for two drinks … no we are closed go to the bar … could he phone and order and someone bring them to us? No I have no phone … you will have to go to the bar and bring them down ….
There were a number of other examples but in summary in our opinion there is no apparent service ethos in the hotel. There is more emphasis on rules and very little on service
4. The pile of rocks at the entrance at security where a barrier is missing is not a 5 star establishment welcoming sign
5. The urinal in the toilet at the pool was out of service and had a smell for the 5 days I was there
6. The amount of cats allowed to roam freely in the restaurant is not the best example of hygiene control
7. The food on the dinner buffet is very limited in choice when compared with other hotels in the area … more a staff canteen selection and quality than 5 star.
8. Breakfast choice is also very limited in comparison to other hotels … only two juices orange and apple.
9. The a La carte food while of acceptable quality the choice was limited. Value for money a considered issue here..
9. If an examples of excellent service, friendly and polite staff, good management, premium food and excellent value for money is needed; I genuinely suggest a visit by all of your management and staff to both Ali Baba or Shark restaurants locally both of which we found exceptional
Please not I am not trying to be denigrating; it is an excellent property but core service is not there in my opinion … all the above are facts
August 27, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by sally44 Glorious Location
Mediocre hotel. Sloppy management.
October 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by jenwood73 hidden paradise!
Le Meridien Dahab is one of the most fabulous hotels of its kind. I have stayed there twice now, once for my honeymoon and with my best friend The quiet, stillness, peace and tranquility is wonderful. The staff are so genuinely friendly, helpful and kind. I love the coral reef right on the beach, snorkelling , scuba school (Poseidon, Great English and International staff) just great.
The food is healthy and has a good variety especially the breakfast buffet. The 4 pools are heaven, the spa relaxing and the natural ambience and esthetics perfect. I plan to visit every year! Next time I'm bringing my Mum. Well Done Le Meridien Dahab! you are getting the balance right for a perfect vacation.
May 2, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mayke 4th time in Le Meridien Dahab!
Back in Dahab in July 2013 for 15 days. It was again a great vacation with the best staff a hotel can have. My kids played with the kids of the staffmembers and had a great time. Rooms are always clean and neat. Food is great also dinner is always nice; always different and with enough variety. Lunch at the beach is also very good. We missed Poseidon Divers and I hope they will return to the resort again.
We will be back here for the fifth time when everything will calme down in Egypt.
August 22, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Franca This hotel is our second home
We visited Le Meridien Dahab from the beginning and immediately it felt like a warm bath, this time it was for the 10th time. The relaxing atmosphere, the friendly and helpful staff, the beautiful architecture and rooms, the wonderful Red Sea with its marvelous reefs and fishes, etc etc, but above all the friendship we meet with all the personnel from the hotel, make this place to stay for ever. There is not the slightest thing to complain about. We are experienced and spoilt travellers, but this hotel is nr 1 for us. It has also the best diving center in the world: Poseidon divers.
August 10, 2012