Rated 5 out of 5 by Dahab Brilliant location
Wonderfull stay in a great hotel
December 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Omaryou Great Experience you should try it
Thanks for the great hospitality and perfect arrangements for our trip .
Really you are all great and I would like to thank all of you and your team
Mr.Rob , Mr.Mahmoud Salem , Mr.Reda , Mr.Khalaf F&B , Mr.Mina F&B
November 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jenwood73 hidden paradise!
Le Meridien Dahab is one of the most fabulous hotels of its kind. I have stayed there twice now, once for my honeymoon and with my best friend The quiet, stillness, peace and tranquility is wonderful. The staff are so genuinely friendly, helpful and kind. I love the coral reef right on the beach, snorkelling , scuba school (Poseidon, Great English and International staff) just great.
The food is healthy and has a good variety especially the breakfast buffet. The 4 pools are heaven, the spa relaxing and the natural ambience and esthetics perfect. I plan to visit every year! Next time I'm bringing my Mum. Well Done Le Meridien Dahab! you are getting the balance right for a perfect vacation.
May 2, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Rlawlor49 Not 5 Star
***** Staff require training at all levels ****
1 .All staff require training to smile
2. If you ask for any service the first response for all staff is without exception is "Room number" .... A bit like a police man saying "ID" ... Now a more acceptable request would be “Thank you (sir / madam) Could I please have your room number” …. Emphasis on the thank you and please
3. In most cases when you ask someone for service the first thing they seem to check is how do I get out of doing this
- I tried to return some wet towels at the pool in the evening. Present were 2 manager, a service waiter.. all at the entrance for the towel changing … within 30 meters two more service waiters outside the restaurant and two what looked like 3 more senior managers … All talking to each other… The service waiter next to me told me the towel return had closed 10 minutes … I asked and complained could anyone help me … no I could bring the towels to the room and back in the morning to change… In any other 5 or 4 or 3 star hotel I have been in at least one of the managers would have sorted the issue
- I requested some pouring cream at the bar in the reception about 20:00hrs … we don’t have any …. I then suggested that he might try checking the kitchen … cream arrived
- Sitting at the pool about 22:30 in the evening and went to the waiter in the restaurant and asked for two drinks … no we are closed go to the bar … could he phone and order and someone bring them to us? No I have no phone … you will have to go to the bar and bring them down ….
There were a number of other examples but in summary in our opinion there is no apparent service ethos in the hotel. There is more emphasis on rules and very little on service
4. The pile of rocks at the entrance at security where a barrier is missing is not a 5 star establishment welcoming sign
5. The urinal in the toilet at the pool was out of service and had a smell for the 5 days I was there
6. The amount of cats allowed to roam freely in the restaurant is not the best example of hygiene control
7. The food on the dinner buffet is very limited in choice when compared with other hotels in the area … more a staff canteen selection and quality than 5 star.
8. Breakfast choice is also very limited in comparison to other hotels … only two juices orange and apple.
9. The a La carte food while of acceptable quality the choice was limited. Value for money a considered issue here..
9. If an examples of excellent service, friendly and polite staff, good management, premium food and excellent value for money is needed; I genuinely suggest a visit by all of your management and staff to both Ali Baba or Shark restaurants locally both of which we found exceptional
Please not I am not trying to be denigrating; it is an excellent property but core service is not there in my opinion … all the above are facts
August 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Franca Really our second home!
LeMeridien Dahab is really our second home! It is 3 days now since we left and we miss it very much. It is not only the beautiful resort and atmosphere, the fantastic suite, but especially the marvellous staff. We were treated like VIPS as well as friends, we felt rather spoiled. We hope to be able to come back soon. Thanks to everyone who made our stay unforgettable.
I wish that the world will realize that Dahab is completely safe despite the uncertain situation in Egypt, so there will come more guests to meet the hospitality of LeMeridien Dahab.
May 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by EricB69 Le Meridien Dahad: Excellent Choice
I would like to take a moment to comment about my stay at the Dahab Le Meridien Hotel and Resort. From the moment I arrived until the time I departed, I was treated superbly well by all level of staffs at this resort; like royalty, in fact.
When it comes to hotels, it’s the service that counts. And I just cannot speak highly enough about the good folks at the Dehab Le Meridien. All are highly professional, well trained, and just all very nice people. I especially want to call out Mr. Mahmoud Salem, Director of Guest Services, who went above and beyond to make himself personally available to me at all times. I hope I don’t sound too promotional when I say that Mr. Salem should be the model from which all Director of Guest Services should be molded. I understand he was recently promoted into this role. Whoever made that decision is very wise and I have no doubt that the promotion was well deserved.
As for the resort: the bungalow style rooms are quaint and appropriate for the setting. My upgraded room was clean and convenient to everything on the property. I came here to go diving. The dive shop was directly in front of my room. All I had to do was walk out the door and I was there.
I think I counted 5 or 6 pools of both salt and fresh water. And most rooms (as far as I could tell) have an excellent view of the gulf of Aqaba.
I highly recommend the Le Meridien Dahab for either family vacations (there were lots of families with children there) as well as for a great diving expedition.
October 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Maansie Mrs De Waal
Overall very good experience with a lot of activities available. Most enjoyable stay with friendly and helpful staff. Awesome sunset scenery over the sea. Excellent snorkelling and diving opportunities with beautiful marine life. Luxurious accommodation, very neat and comfortable.
July 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by LynnD1 Beach Holiday
The view from the hotel is fantastic.
The location is trapped between the mountains and the sea and is fabulous. The hotel is locatedvout of the town but it is an easy 15 minute taxi ride away. It is a quiet and secure. Hotel water sport facilities are excellent.
July 14, 2014