Rated 5 out of 5 by LynnD1 Beach Holiday
The view from the hotel is fantastic.
The location is trapped between the mountains and the sea and is fabulous. The hotel is locatedvout of the town but it is an easy 15 minute taxi ride away. It is a quiet and secure. Hotel water sport facilities are excellent.
July 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Franca Really our second home!
LeMeridien Dahab is really our second home! It is 3 days now since we left and we miss it very much. It is not only the beautiful resort and atmosphere, the fantastic suite, but especially the marvellous staff. We were treated like VIPS as well as friends, we felt rather spoiled. We hope to be able to come back soon. Thanks to everyone who made our stay unforgettable.
I wish that the world will realize that Dahab is completely safe despite the uncertain situation in Egypt, so there will come more guests to meet the hospitality of LeMeridien Dahab.
May 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MJB44 Lovely resort
This resort is beautiful. It was a great place for a relaxing holiday and the staff were great. Everyone was helpful and we never felt anything was too much trouble. A really good place for kids or for couples or families as it is so big there is lots of space. beach was good and you could snorkel nearby on a lovely coral reef. Good place all in all.
June 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jenwood73 hidden paradise!
Le Meridien Dahab is one of the most fabulous hotels of its kind. I have stayed there twice now, once for my honeymoon and with my best friend The quiet, stillness, peace and tranquility is wonderful. The staff are so genuinely friendly, helpful and kind. I love the coral reef right on the beach, snorkelling , scuba school (Poseidon, Great English and International staff) just great.
The food is healthy and has a good variety especially the breakfast buffet. The 4 pools are heaven, the spa relaxing and the natural ambience and esthetics perfect. I plan to visit every year! Next time I'm bringing my Mum. Well Done Le Meridien Dahab! you are getting the balance right for a perfect vacation.
May 2, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by MikeTheOlm Excellent
The best Hotel in Dahab with excellent Service. There is nothing to complain about. Simply excellent!
May 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ISawy Le Méridien Dahab Resort
This hotel has great features
May 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by nlf55 Peaceful.........
Very quiet due to current climate - but everything was operating to the same high standard. No hassle, no rush and exceptional service. Second stay here and would not hesitate to return. Only downside was the diving centre was not on site any more.
November 23, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Rlawlor49 Not 5 Star
***** Staff require training at all levels ****
1 .All staff require training to smile
2. If you ask for any service the first response for all staff is without exception is "Room number" .... A bit like a police man saying "ID" ... Now a more acceptable request would be “Thank you (sir / madam) Could I please have your room number” …. Emphasis on the thank you and please
3. In most cases when you ask someone for service the first thing they seem to check is how do I get out of doing this
- I tried to return some wet towels at the pool in the evening. Present were 2 manager, a service waiter.. all at the entrance for the towel changing … within 30 meters two more service waiters outside the restaurant and two what looked like 3 more senior managers … All talking to each other… The service waiter next to me told me the towel return had closed 10 minutes … I asked and complained could anyone help me … no I could bring the towels to the room and back in the morning to change… In any other 5 or 4 or 3 star hotel I have been in at least one of the managers would have sorted the issue
- I requested some pouring cream at the bar in the reception about 20:00hrs … we don’t have any …. I then suggested that he might try checking the kitchen … cream arrived
- Sitting at the pool about 22:30 in the evening and went to the waiter in the restaurant and asked for two drinks … no we are closed go to the bar … could he phone and order and someone bring them to us? No I have no phone … you will have to go to the bar and bring them down ….
There were a number of other examples but in summary in our opinion there is no apparent service ethos in the hotel. There is more emphasis on rules and very little on service
4. The pile of rocks at the entrance at security where a barrier is missing is not a 5 star establishment welcoming sign
5. The urinal in the toilet at the pool was out of service and had a smell for the 5 days I was there
6. The amount of cats allowed to roam freely in the restaurant is not the best example of hygiene control
7. The food on the dinner buffet is very limited in choice when compared with other hotels in the area … more a staff canteen selection and quality than 5 star.
8. Breakfast choice is also very limited in comparison to other hotels … only two juices orange and apple.
9. The a La carte food while of acceptable quality the choice was limited. Value for money a considered issue here..
9. If an examples of excellent service, friendly and polite staff, good management, premium food and excellent value for money is needed; I genuinely suggest a visit by all of your management and staff to both Ali Baba or Shark restaurants locally both of which we found exceptional
Please not I am not trying to be denigrating; it is an excellent property but core service is not there in my opinion … all the above are facts
August 27, 2013