Rated 5 out of 5 by Eric88 A good place to stay in shanghai
Was greeted well when check in, they know my preference and reserve the type of room I want. All staff are courteous. Feel at home.
December 8, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Beef The room smells
I have stayed in this hotel for many times - with good and bad experience. This time the room smells. I always book non smoking rooms and this room has a non smoking sign but it smells - not sure if it's really a non smoking room or it's just getting old and smells.
The staff here always says I get my platinum member room upgrade but it's not always the case (ie lies or misrepresentations at times).
May 12, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by lumenalumena Management, Safety and Integrity Issues
Three unacceptable issues take place which manifest some management issues
1. The reception person gave me a key to another guest's room, which is hugely embarrassing and make me wonder if she will give another strange person my room key.
2. The concierge said they have no umbrellas in the concierge as all umbrellas are inside the room--first hotel I have ever seen in my life that does not have umbrellas in the concierge
3. The reception lied to my face that no suite upgrade is available--until I showed her suites are available from SPG booking apps. To give the hotel fair credit, the receptionist did give me an upgrade after giving me the wrong room key incident.
October 29, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Roberta only reason to stay here is the location
i am writing this while staying at this quite expensive hotel. it is not worth it: the location is very central, and the views are great, and the lobby is pretty. however, a madman designed the lifts (you have four different ones to go to various places in the hotel) so they have to give you a map when you check in, the service leaves a lot to be desired, the rooms have seen much better days (carpet is really not clean, amenities are at the very minimum, room is not large at all, and the whole thing looks a bit past its prime), you do not get even an apple to welcome you, the staff at the "bistro" is indifferent, if you are a vegetarian you have basically nothing to eat after buffet hours but once you are finished you do not even get a receipt, the "royal club" is a joke - if you go at 8.23 all you are offered is a soft drink, no alcohol and not even a snack of dried nuts. really, do not stay here: for this amount of money you can find a lot better. if this were cheap, it would be ok. it is not cheap. it is not ok.
April 21, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Alftrades No upgrade
Disappointed not to get a room upgrade when the hotel in half empty as a platinum member. Will stay at the Sheraton next time.
April 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by CatsWhiskers Great Stay
It was a good stay this time. Was happy with the room with a great view. The sheer comfort of the bed as well as the amenities provided - top notch. The location was great - so near Nanjing Lu.
On the breakfast - yummy! The coffee, the croissants, etc. And I love the thoughtfulness of having a ready to-go station with coffee options for business travellers who would like to bring a cuppa along to them to meetings.
Special kudos and much thanks for the integrity of the room cleaning staff. I was searching high and low for one of my faux diamond earrings and was pretty upset that I dropped it. Even though it didn't cost that much, it held great sentimental value for me. Moreover, it was in pristine condition and looked very real. When I came back to my room after a business dinner, there I saw it, laid on my notepad on the desk.
I couldn't be happier with this stay.
Thank you and keep up the good job!
October 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Leilani73 Best Experience in a Hotel Ever
Staying at this hotel during my first visit in China was the best experience I had. The view from my room is excellent, the facilities exceeded my expectations and everything was perfect. I couldn't ask for more during my stay!
November 13, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bizyren Good location but poor service
I read reviews that service in this hotel is below expectations of an SPG hotel- I simply shrugged off those comments as guests not understanding the language or culture. But I was proven wrong :
1. Front desk staff do not accord recognition to SPG Platinum. In fact, I had queued at the SPG Platinum queue and all the times, guests queuing in the normal queue were served first and even though they came much later than me.
2. Why I had to queue at the front desks a few times? Because the key cards failed to work, not once but twice. Not one card but 2 cards - and the front desk staff had the cheek to tell me that it was because. I had my mobile phone too close to the key card.
3. Breakfast at lobby area closed precisely at 1030am, in fact 2 minutes before 1030am on one occasion. And the reception just simple refuse to let me in although I told here I will be quick.
4. Evening cocktails at Club Floor were often not replenished - it is simply embarrassing to open the covers of the trays to find them empty, not one but almost all.
Is this Shanghai culture not to provide good service - No. I had stayed at lesser known hotels with multiple times better.
Le Royal Meridien - you simply have to improve and I do hope my comments are constructive.
April 26, 2014