Rated 4 out of 5 by Prosoer Good hotel... good staff... very quick and responsive..
Check in was very professional and quick
Very good room
very good breakfast service
Overall a very positive experience
August 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Brian1234 Good place to stay in Qingdao
Overall experience is good. Facilities are nice, staffs are quite warm. Only suggestions is to imporove the efficiency on check out. I checked out at 6am but still have to wait for around 10 minutes.
August 13, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Go4it ZERO SPG recognition and ZERO service by Guest Relation Manager
1. Booked 2 rooms through CTRIP.COM Confirmation from CTRIP (both sms and email) indicates rates inclusive of 2 breakfast per room, free drink voucher, free ticket to beer museum and a can of Red Bull drink.
2. Also book hotel airport limo service for 500 to fetch from airport to hotel
3. Our flights were delayed by 1 hours. So by the time we arrived Qingdao, it was already 2330hr. I asked the limo driver to coordinate with hotel reception to prepare our check in in-advance. Limo driver said his job was driver and not his job to contact hotel.
4. So I called the hotel MYSELF informing we would arrive in 40 minutes and please got the rooms ready (should be ready) and more importantly ROOM KEY and paper ready for just signature. A Miss Zhang answered my phone and said she will inform the reception.
5. Arrive hotel around 0015hr. Ms Jiang (Guest Relation Manager) and another staff attended to us. NOTHING was prepared in advance. Room key only prepared during our check in and also printed the relevant document only during our check in.
6. Then both Ms Jiang and the staff told us our rate do not include breakfast. I told them the rates I chosen via CTRIP website includes Breakfast and also i received confirmation on this.
7. Ms Jiang said hotel system indicate our rates are room only. So therefore no breakfast. She told me to contact CTRIP on my own as that is CTRIP problem.
8. I asked Ms Jiang it is already 0030hr now and how you expect me to call now. I shown her my SMS from CTRIP confirming breakfast was included. She insisted I forward my SMS to her.
9. Ms Jiang gave me the feeling that I was trying to cheat Le Meridian and kept insisting this is their hotel policy and i have to respect it. She really embarrassed me at the reception as there were other guests checking in then.
10. I asked her how can she treated SPG gold card member like this? Firstly i am a regular SPG customer and we even pay for LIMO service. Why should I cheat Le Meridian for breakfast? Also how she expect me to call CTRIP at 0030hr?
11. In my view, it should be Ms Jiang (hotel) to liaise directly with CTRIP and sort out. Not the customer. Furthermore, I think the hotel should give the guest (GOLD member and one who pay 500 for limo transfer) benefit of doubt.
12. Later when i got into my room, I was disappointed too. NOTHING, nothing was prepared in advance. No evening turn down service, curtain not closed, and my pillow preference was not there too. Also the drink and ticket vouchers and red bull were also not given
13. I don't use these vouchers nor drink red bull. But what i am trying to show Le Meridian don't give respect to regular SPG customer like me.
14. Also during check in, I asked Ms Jiang about my free internet, she said this is not free because I book my room through CTRIP. I told her i understand that my stay will not accumulate SPG points but i thought my SPG RECOGNITION is there irrespective how I book my room! Ms Jiang insisted no free internet. Later, upon my insist, she said internet is free but she never give me the password.
15. During my stay, I spent about 2000 on a Japanese dinner and about 500 for lunch at Le Meridian hotel and 500 for limo. I thought I am the type of traveller preferred by SPG. Unfortunately I don't get this feeling during my stay.
16. During my lunch, I was also disappointed with service. We ordered lunch at 1130hr and told them to be fast as we need to rush airport. I even asked waitress will my order (Sirloin Steak) take a long time. She said will be fast because the cafe was NOT busy. Despite my repeat chasing, our lunch - steak and club sandwich - arrived at 1155hr! We only have 5 minutes to eat.
ZERO recognition to SPG member if you book the rooms through travel agent. The staff also give you that "stare and look" as if customers are trying to take advantage of them.
Please tell Le Meridian Qingdao to wake up.
August 28, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ling666 Ms. CAI
The location and facility's good. But the service need to improve...
Received 2 calls to check my stay as morning call...food is just so so and almost no service when we have breakfast and call a taxi...
July 21, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by terrymeng general ok, but nok for details
when I checked out, I found the hotel fee for one night is wrong, although former people told me on the phone the cost is modified.
July 6, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by zyang Great hotel
Great location, check. Nice room, check. Soft and big bed, check. Great service, check. Quiet lobby, nah.
Any way, it's a nice place to stay.
July 2, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Yayun This hotel is very great fealtures
I will be there next time
July 3, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by littlez I choose to never stay
As years of platinum member,I recommend to my team and help over ten member of them to become platinum member. Now I regret a little bit.
During years of loyal spg platinum member, there used to be something unsatisfied. However this time I have to explode my anger.
The room I stayed is noisy for the neighbor is 2 men and is talking with each other loud and for a quite long time. I was even arose suddenly from sleep for their sound at around 2AM and 4AM. I can not get enough sleep and it deeply affects my mood when I meet and work with the customer. I asked to change the room but no response received before I checked out.
Over half of time I am travelling here and there, the criteria for a good hotel and normal one is whether they have grape juice. Everyone when you see my entry, you can check by your experience. It is true. I can not find it in executive lounge when I stayed in this hotel for 2 times.
There are several taxi parking in the hotel and they only work for the guests to the airport. For several times I need hurry to the customer onsite and they reject. I have to walk to the road to get the taxi passing by in such a cold weather. That made a totally bad experience and made me in a bad mood.
I had one dinner in the chinese restaurant on the second floor. Even when I told them I am spg member and should get the spg dinner point, so far they don't give me the spg point.
For other reason I contacted the frond desk manager. His voice is frosty,when I was told.
All in all, I think this hotel is normal.
April 20, 2013